2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

IF Moss wants to play he has to know he needs to accept a low deal this year and prove he can still play and behave.

Well he probably didn't get many offers and we're also talking about somebody with motivation problems as it is. He would taking getting less money as an insult and for someone with motivation problems would have every reason in the world to shut down if things didn't work out immediately.

I think a few teams probably offered him a small base contract that could be large if he met incentives, which is what I would do. I'll give him $6+ million if he can get over 1000 yards receiving and score ten plus TD's, but he probably balked at it. He's so insecure in his thinking he probably feels that if he signed a deal like that the coach would have every reason to bench him and never throw him the football except maybe on third down.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Taylor gives up on quest for ring, re-joins the Dolphins.

and all is right in the world, I can go back to hating him.

Sweet I can bust out my Taylor Jersey again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Barrett Ruud couldn't be signed by the Bucs, neither could Asomugha.

But now, I see the Seahawks couldn't sign Lofa Tatupu. I think he would be a great fit. The Bucs have about 50 million in cap space, and spending some on a veteran linebacker to help with run defense wouldn't be bad at all. The pass defense didn't really NEED a guy like Asomugha, but when you lose your best linebacker, why not replace him with someone better?

I don't understand why Mark couldn't re-sign Ruud (I ain't read all the details, so I really don't know)...but I'll take Lofa in the middle. Hell, any rookie who can start in the middle his first time out is a winner in my book. And as smart as he is, I think he'd be a great "QB" for Mo-Mo's Tampa 2.1.

But...knowing Ol' Man Glazer, it probably won't happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ NICE one, Hedley!

Also, is it just me or has the Jets fanbase started to rival their team's rival team's fanbase (Patriots) in terms of utter obnoxiousness of late?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ NICE one, Hedley!

Also, is it just me or has the Jets fanbase started to rival their team's rival team's fanbase (Patriots) in terms of utter obnoxiousness of late?

No, it's not just you.

Interesting nugget:

Bears to use new shoulder pad system

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears will be the first NFL team to offer players a new shoulder pad system that will allow quicker access to the player if there's a suspected head, spine or chest injury.

Riddell's RipKord Shoulder Pad was introduced in June at the National Athletic Trainer's Association's meeting. It is incorporated into the Riddell CPX shoulder pads.

Bears trainer Tim Bream says removing the shoulder pads and helmet is "a critical aspect of treating severe head, neck and chest injuries" and this gives medical personnel quicker access to the player's chest and airway.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Interesting nugget:

Bears to use new shoulder pad system

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears will be the first NFL team to offer players a new shoulder pad system that will allow quicker access to the player if there's a suspected head, spine or chest injury.

Riddell's RipKord Shoulder Pad was introduced in June at the National Athletic Trainer's Association's meeting. It is incorporated into the Riddell CPX shoulder pads.

Bears trainer Tim Bream says removing the shoulder pads and helmet is "a critical aspect of treating severe head, neck and chest injuries" and this gives medical personnel quicker access to the player's chest and airway.

Looks good but what if it breaks while they are playing?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Rumors going around of a trade that would see the Eagles send Asante Samuel to the 49ers for Patrick Willis.

Damn. Regardless of if this happens or not, Philly means business this offseason!

6uXNWAo.png

Rich Cimini

BREAKING: Jets announce David Harris has signed contract extension.

Awesome. All signed to long term deals.

Darelle Revis (CB)

Nick Mangold ( C )

D'Brickashaw Ferguson (LT)

Santonio Holmes (WR)

Bart Scott (ILB)

David Harris (ILB)

Antonio Cromartie (CB)

You have no idea how good this makes me feel, the Jets are actually able to keep their best talent. Say what you want, but I love me some Rex Ryan, Mr. T, and yes.. even Woody Johnson. It's not easy to keep a team together in the NFL.

Rich Cimini

BREAKING: Jets announce David Harris has signed contract extension.

Awesome.

All signed to long term deals

Darelle Revis (CB)

Nick Mangold ( C )

D'Brickashaw Ferguson (LT)

Santonio Holmes (WR)

Bart Scott (ILB)

David Harris (ILB)

Antonio Cromartie (CB)

I was just about to post this. They needed to keep all-pro Harris as a Jet. Great to see the Jets are taking care of business this offseason.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived