2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ricky Williams to the Ravens per ESPN.

We'll see if it makes up for the loss of McGahee.

Williams may be an older halfback (oldest in the NFL now if I'm not mistaken) but one of the things taking time away from football allowed him to do is rest his body, so I don't think he's nearly as beat up as some of the other guys his age normally would be.

And it continues....

Lions rookie RB Mikel LeShoure out for the season with a torn achilles. :cursing:

I was really excited to see the Best/Leshoure combo. That said, I don't feel like this is "season over", by any means.

No, I don't think so either, but just like every year, they have had tons of injuries already. Fairley, Young, and LeShoure have all been hurt during camp. I still really like Jahvid Best, and Maurice Morris ran really well toward the end of the season. He can be serviceable I think, and they may have to bring Kevin Smith back. The Lions really can't afford any more injuries though...

MegatronSig2.jpg

No, I don't think so either, but just like every year, they have had tons of injuries already. Fairley, Young, and LeShoure have all been hurt during camp. I still really like Jahvid Best, and Maurice Morris ran really well toward the end of the season. He can be serviceable I think, and they may have to bring Kevin Smith back. The Lions really can't afford any more injuries though...

Agreed, I like what I saw from Morris last year. Maybe with all these injuries, karma will keep Staff healthy. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Lions sign RBs Jerome Harrison and Mike Bell.

Harrison played very well for the Eagles in a limited role last season, I was disappointed that they let him go (until I saw that they replaced him with Ronnie Brown.) He could be a good addition if used right.

Bell was completely worthless and got released. Not sure he's good for any system anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lions sign RBs Jerome Harrison and Mike Bell.

Harrison played very well for the Eagles in a limited role last season, I was disappointed that they let him go (until I saw that they replaced him with Ronnie Brown.) He could be a good addition if used right.

Bell was completely worthless and got released. Not sure he's good for any system anymore.

I was excited to see Harrison signed, Bell I don't see contributing to the Lions. I'm happy with Best/Harrison/Morris.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I'll echo the sentiment that Harrison is a solid pickup. I'm indifferent about Bell. It's depth...not very good depth, but depth nonetheless. If I'm not mistaken, Morris still has a broken hand, so adding Bell isn't necessarily a bad thing right now.

Tiki Barber still unsigned, I guess he underoverestimated his value. Coming soon to a McDonald near you Tiki's service with a fake smile.

FYP

You want to talk about a guy with a potential to cause locker room problems. The second he got out of NYC and got a microphone in his face the first thing he did was throw Eli Manning under the bus. Don't think for a second players and coaches don't remember that kind of stuff. And that's also on top of all the things he said to the media during his playing career.

I also don't think it exactly rubs teams the right way over the fact that you have to assume he's doing this for purely for the money.

So am I surprised that nobody wants to sign a 36 year old backup halfback with a big mouth and questionable motivation? Not really.

I'd love to know what the heck the Giants are doing. They have let Kevin Boss and Steve Smith walk out the door. 2 of Eli's favorite targets.

Its going to be a long long long long long year for Big Blue

They, like the Cowboys, have lots of "Dead Money" to get rid of to make them more viable and younger in upcoming years with the new cap. Young players have to develop since, more often than not, signing veteran free agents does more to hurt your cap than to help your team.

Well the Eagles needed this signing, as Jeremy Maclin may not even see the field this year, and Deshawn Jackson's situation is still up in the air.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love to know what the heck the Giants are doing. They have let Kevin Boss and Steve Smith walk out the door. 2 of Eli's favorite targets.

They, like the Cowboys, have lots of "Dead Money" to get rid of to make them more viable and younger in upcoming years with the new cap. Young players have to develop since, more often than not, signing veteran free agents does more to hurt your cap than to help your team.

Well their first round pick is hurt and their best defensive player wants out so there is a host of problems, I can see them imploding and tearing things down at the end of the season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well their first round pick is hurt and their best defensive player wants out so there is a host of problems, I can see them imploding and tearing things down at the end of the season.

And prior to to the signing of Prince Amukamara and the issues with O'Hara/Suebert...they were over the cap. Still "Dead $$$". What's your point?

It is short term against long term.

Archived