2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.

Ugh. Don't like it one bit. He wasn't running fly patterns in prison let's put it that way...

I think Catching a ball is like riding a bike it is not something you forget to do, and remember Plax has some length and can catch a lot of passes others can't.

Remember another thing Braylon had a DUI and is in Violation of his Probation for the assault case. If he gets hard ass judge he his ass will be in jail too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Adam Schefter

Now the Jets are closing in on a deal for their free-agent cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

Good good good. He's not Aso, but this is a must sign.

Reports say it's between the Jets and Raiders for Cromartie. I'm sure it all comes down to if Cro wants to go back to the Jets after being "Plan B".

I'm good with the Plaxico signing. The Jets obviously needed a solid #2 WR, and if the guy can still play (which I'm sure he can or NYJ would never have signed him) then the Jets should be able to pick up right where they left off last year with Braylon.

6uXNWAo.png

Source: Jets roll out red carpet for Todd Heap; Rex Ryan picks up veteran TE at airport for visit to team facility Sunday

Now this is something I can get behind...

I also know he wants to play at home in Arizona.

You were right.

Adam Schefter

As he was visiting with the Jets, former Ravens TE Todd Heap reached agreement with the Arizona Cardinals on a two-year deal.

Too bad.

Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Plaxico Burress will sign with the N.Y. Jets. Confirmed. 1-year deal for $3,017,000, fully guaranteed. Plax is a Jet.

Ugh. Don't like it one bit. He wasn't running fly patterns in prison let's put it that way...

Better than Randy Moss...

I must have missed the part where Moss shot himself.

I wasn't referring to off the field stuff. In my opinion, Burress is a better signing than Moss, who the Jets were rumored to be interested in.

Moss has more talent, Moss has actually run routes at an NFL level in the last two years, Moss for all of his ills doesn't :censored: ing shoot himself in the leg, and dare I continue?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Adam Schefter

After Seahawks asked LB Lofa Tatupu to take a paycut, he asked them to release him. The team now plans to do so, albeit reluctantly.

Why? It probably wasn't that big of a paycut... Now Seattle loses it's best defensive player because he didn't want a paycut. That's just being greedy, if you ask me.

Adam Schefter

Better than Randy Moss...

I must have missed the part where Moss shot himself.

I wasn't referring to off the field stuff. In my opinion, Burress is a better signing than Moss, who the Jets were rumored to be interested in.

Moss has more talent, Moss has actually run routes at an NFL level in the last two years, Moss for all of his ills doesn't :censored: ing shoot himself in the leg, and dare I continue?

I'm not sure if Moss still has more talent, or if he's still willing to even show it if he does. We'll find out I bet. What I do know is, that Burress isn't a malcontent and a locker room cancer. He's always been well liked by his teammates. I wouldn't want Moss anywhere near the Jets.

Adam Schefter

After Seahawks asked LB Lofa Tatupu to take a paycut, he asked them to release him. The team now plans to do so, albeit reluctantly.

Why? It probably wasn't that big of a paycut... Now Seattle loses it's best defensive player because he didn't want a paycut. That's just being greedy, if you ask me.

Adam Schefter

It's official: Seahawks and LB Lofa Tatupu decided to mutually part ways. He will be released and will be looking for work elsewhere.

New York Giants, perfect fit.

I don't get it. Tutupu was easily the best player on defense for the Seahawks. Now he leaves because he didn't want a paycut.

To me, that just screams greed. Whatever... Nothing can be done now. Hopefully, he'll have a great run where ever he lands.

Now, the onus lands squarely on the shoulders of Curry and Thomas to run the show on defense.

Source: Jets roll out red carpet for Todd Heap; Rex Ryan picks up veteran TE at airport for visit to team facility Sunday

Now this is something I can get behind...

I also know he wants to play at home in Arizona.

You were right.

Adam Schefter

As he was visiting with the Jets, former Ravens TE Todd Heap reached agreement with the Arizona Cardinals on a two-year deal.

Too bad.

For Heap, going home trumps winning championships. Good for him I suppose.

Regardless of losing out on him and Asomugha, I like how the Jets are seeming making a run at every single free agnet out there.

6uXNWAo.png

Adam Schefter

When you grow up and start living in the real world, you'll understand.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those receivers are good and all... but where's the running game for Arizona? It doesn't seem like Arizona is too worried about the running game.

Some other things to note (as per NFLN's Jason la Canfora):

-Buffalo signed former Green Bay LB Nick Barnett

-Baltimore signed FB Vonta Leach. Last year in Houston, he was the man blocking ahead of Arian Foster. Now, he gets to block for Ray Rice.

-The Antonio Cromartie Derby is down to two teams: The Jets and the Raiders, although a third team may sneak up.

One last thing...

Lions sign LB Stephen Tulloch to one year deal. Any Titans fans wanna fill me in on him? I know we have at least 3 legit LBs now.

I know I'm not a Titans fan, but the Lions get a hell of a player in Tulloch. He lead the Titans last year in tackles and knows Schwartz very well.

Archived