2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

I'm still not afraid of the Eagles, when push comes to shove we all know that Vick will be breaking down by about week 10, and will once again be unable to win a big game. I cannot wait to see what Romo and Witten will do against them. Just like in 09 they'll have the short routes wide open. Bring on the Eagles baby.

I have no dog in this fight, but a Cowboys fan talking about another teams QB's failure to win a big game is pretty funny.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braylon wants to get paid like a Number 1 WR. In this market he could get it. Minnesota is in need of another receiver, I'm sure St Louis would like more than Mike Sims-Walker, Jacksonville is in need of a top guy. I think he'll be signed by the end of the Weekend.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Braylon wants to get paid like a Number 1 WR. In this market he could get it. Minnesota is in need of another receiver, I'm sure St Louis would like more than Mike Sims-Walker, Jacksonville is in need of a top guy. I think he'll be signed by the end of the Weekend.

Actually we don't because that conflicts with the general strategy of "we need to avoid winning games somehow so people stop coming to games."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The St. Paul Pioneer Press' Jeremy Fowler reports the Vikings are "out of the mix" for free agent Braylon Edwards.

Edwards would have been an ideal target for big-armed Vikings quarterback Donovan McNabb, but Minnesota likely balked at his asking price. Edwards' last hope for a big deal may be the Redskins. Sensing the depressed market for his services, there's always the possibility the Jets could get back into the bidding.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Peyton Manning gets a five year 90 million dollar contract

Edit: with Indy

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

I'm still not afraid of the Eagles, when push comes to shove we all know that Vick will be breaking down by about week 10, and will once again be unable to win a big game. I cannot wait to see what Romo and Witten will do against them. Just like in 09 they'll have the short routes wide open. Bring on the Eagles baby.

I have no dog in this fight, but a Cowboys fan talking about another teams QB's failure to win a big game is pretty funny.

I hate people that are under the idea that Romo cannot win a big game. Look at his 3 playoff losses. In Seattle back in 06 people completely forget that he lead them on that drive to be in a position to win that game. He shouldn't have even been in that position, I blame Parcells for that. In 2007 vs the Giants he threw for over 200 yards, and his only interception came on a last second throw into the endzone. I blame that loss on the defense for letting the Giants drive down the field before the end of the fist half and tie that game up. I still believe that if they stop the Giants there and go into halftime up 14-7 with the ball then they win that game. And against the Vikings the O-Line was getting killed and he was on his back most of the game. Tony Romo gets remembered for one play back in Seattle and I hate that.

Also just to let you know, a Jets fan talking about another teams failure to win big games is actually hilarious.

I hate people that are under the idea that Romo cannot win a big game. Look at his 3 playoff losses. In Seattle back in 06 people completely forget that he lead them on that drive to be in a position to win that game. He shouldn't have even been in that position, I blame Parcells for that. In 2007 vs the Giants he threw for over 200 yards, and his only interception came on a last second throw into the endzone. I blame that loss on the defense for letting the Giants drive down the field before the end of the fist half and tie that game up. I still believe that if they stop the Giants there and go into halftime up 14-7 with the ball then they win that game. And against the Vikings the O-Line was getting killed and he was on his back most of the game. Tony Romo gets remembered for one play back in Seattle and I hate that.

Also just to let you know, a Jets fan talking about another teams failure to win big games is actually hilarious.

Don't put words in my mouth. I have not brought up any teams failure in the playoffs. You talked about Micheal Vick's big game failures, which is funny considering Tony Romo's record in the post season. You can make all the excuses you want, but he's 1-3 in the playoffs. And that's pretty bad when compared to Mark Sanchez who after just 2 seasons in the league has 4 road playoff wins against Brady, Peyton, Rivers, and Palmer under his belt, and being a big part of them. :hockeysmiley:

Adam Schefter

Rich get richer: Former Packers DT Cullen Jenkins reached agreement with the Eagles on a five year, $25 million deal.

WOW. :shocked:

Enjoy a 32 year old, with past injury problems Phily.

Β 

Β 

Adam Schefter

Rich get richer: Former Packers DT Cullen Jenkins reached agreement with the Eagles on a five year, $25 million deal.

WOW. :shocked:

Enjoy a 32 year old, with past injury problems Phily.

Didn't realize how old he was..

My bad he's 30 actually... Still quite a contract for an older Defensive Tackle.

Β 

Β 

It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that two of the top 10 greatest QB's to play the game have been Cowboy QB's. But, I digress :P The botched hold against Seattle, his fault, no doubt. Loss to the Giants in '07. Partially his fault, but more the Defense's ability to stop the Giants, plus Craytons drop on that 3rd and long and just the Giants were better that year.

But, like cameroncrazie, I too, am not afraid of the 'Iggles. Yes, they will be good. I think the Eagles and Cowboys will be the two best teams in the NFC East. Vick is an excellent player and I wish he wasn't an Eagle, 'cause I love watching the guy. But, their Defense won't be able to stop my 'Boys. I'm not even concerned about Asomugha. Last time he played the Cowboys, Miles Austin torched him for 7 receptions, 145 yards and 1 TD. Now that we have Dez as well, and Romo back. I'm not concerned about my 'Boys. Even last year, we almost beat the Eagles in Dallas with Kitna, (the only game the Eagles were actually trying to win against the Cowboys.)

Regardless, I'm just excited for football!

CowboysΒ -Β LakersΒ -Β LAFC - USMNTΒ -Β LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFCΒ 

I hate people that are under the idea that Romo cannot win a big game. Look at his 3 playoff losses. In Seattle back in 06 people completely forget that he lead them on that drive to be in a position to win that game. He shouldn't have even been in that position, I blame Parcells for that. In

2007 vs the Giants he threw for over 200 yards, and his only interception came on a last second throw into the endzone. I blame that loss on the defense for letting the Giants drive down the field before the end of the fist half and tie that game up. I still believe that if they stop the Giants there and go into halftime up 14-7 with the ball then

they win that game. And against the Vikings the O-Line was getting killed and he was on his back most of the game. Tony Romo gets remembered for one play back in Seattle and I hate that.

Also just to let you know, a Jets fan talking about another

teams failure to win big games is actually hilarious.

The secondary was flat out awful that game against the Vikings. IMO, it seemed as if Mike Jenkins got his confidence zapped in that game, and he hasn't recovered since.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

My bad he's 30 actually... Still quite a contract for an older Defensive Tackle.

He terrorized Vick twice last year. At least he'll be on our side now...

I would have loved for him to re-up with the Pack, but I guess whatever he wanted was too steep for Ted Thompson. Wish him all the best in Philly!

Β 

Β 

Archived