2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

I think I finally get it. There is no way for a team to add black without it being considered BFBS.

Okay carry on.

I'm on your side. I've never been a fan of all the crying about black and hate how often the BFBS thing is thrown around here. Actually I hate the term all together but whatever...

I've always seen it as if a team has black anywhere, I don't care if its a logo, or piping, striping, whatever...a black jersey is allowed. If a team like SMU or Oakland A's just randomly out of no where shows up in a black jersey it's dumb. But when someone says a team like Oregon or the Cardinals or even the Eagles, can't wear black it's just ridiculous.

If ASU has officially said it is a school color, they are allowed to wear black. Argument over!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was still officially added therefore by everyone's reasoning, it is NOT BFBS

It was added to the athletic color pallette (not the official school one) and it doesn't in any way compliment the original colors (which were also kept) and it was only done to look cool and sell merchandise.

I think I finally get it. There is no way for a team to add black without it being considered BFBS.

Okay carry on.

I'm on your side. I've never been a fan of all the crying about black and hate how often the BFBS thing is thrown around here. Actually I hate the term all together but whatever...

I've always seen it as if a team has black anywhere, I don't care if its a logo, or piping, striping, whatever...a black jersey is allowed. If a team like SMU or Oakland A's just randomly out of no where shows up in a black jersey it's dumb. But when someone says a team like Oregon or the Cardinals or even the Eagles, can't wear black it's just ridiculous.

If ASU has officially said it is a school color, they are allowed to wear black. Argument over!

Maybe I am missing it, but where is the black in ASU's logo, piping or striping before?

477747.jpg

Sparky.gif

That is the definition of BFBS.

And, Oregon, really?

81354186.jpg

That is the same thing as the Oakland A's adding it to their color pallette.

Okay carry on.

Agreed, I've heard the BFBS moniker thrown out there for the Eagles alternate as well, and it's pretty rediculous. Clearly, black is the secondary color for the Eagles following their most recent modernization, even though it functions as an accent color, it's used more than the shade of charcoal that they have. There is no reason why a black alternate in this case is BFBS. Same goes for the Cardinals, and even teams like the Ravens and Jaguars, although those 2 teams had/have monochrome black sets that end up looking terrible. BFBS is most common at the high school level because of the craze for "blackouts". It also happens in college, as has been proven here, ASU, SMU, etc. But is UGA breaking out a black alternate 3 times BFBS? Absolutely not, the schools colors are red and black. Thankfully there are not many BFBS offenders on the professional level, the A's are an excellent example, and the Islanders look like they might pull the same stunt with an upcoming alternate.

Okay carry on.

Maybe I am missing it, but where is the black in ASU's logo, piping or striping before?

477747.jpg

To be fair, ASU added black in 2008 or 2009 to outline numbers and for piping on the shoulders. The picture you posted was from a while ago - look at OSU's bras.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know why, but I hate "I" logos.

Yeah, I have ran into this problem in brainstorming ideas for an Illinois helmet which doesn't suck as much as their current one. It's hard seeing as it can't be "hostile and abusive" anymore. :rolleyes: "I" logos pretty much all suck and fit poorly on helmets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think we're making progress. The BFBS crowd is no longer trying to argue that black is a sign of an "elite" program.

that should have been the first idea to get blown down

MGLQYDQUKRWJFZM.20091018032751.jpg

The only good thing about those unis is that they at least had the sense to not go with navy numbers. Most of these teams randomly adding black go with dark numbers and it just looks awful (Washington, WKU, Florida State). It's also the only thing Arizona State got right with their black jerseys.

And also, it still bugs me, so I'm going to mention it again: Why doesn't Arizona State (any of their teams shown in the rebrand) have gold jerseys?! It's so obvious and still blows my mind that it wasn't done.

I think we're making progress. The BFBS crowd is no longer trying to argue that black is a sign of an "elite" program.

that should have been the first idea to get blown down

MGLQYDQUKRWJFZM.20091018032751.jpg

HA! Black jersey on navy pants? What the hell were they thinking? This is laugable considering anyone who knows anything about color matching knows one of the first rules is that black and navy NEVER go together. I always hated the Blue Jackets old alternate, and Butler's basketball uniforms are atrocious. But this pic shows BFBS at its absolute worst.

Archived