2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really trying not to poke at the BFBS argument more here. :P

I think Maryland can get away with black since it's on most of the logos (mainly the flag pattern). I don't think they should do a black alt though. That's when schools push it, I think.

And you're really arguing BFBS for the sake of arguing. Would we call that AFAS?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think Maryland can get away with black since it's on most of the logos (mainly the flag pattern). I don't think they should do a black alt though. That's when schools push it, I think.

And you're really arguing BFBS for the sake of arguing. Would we call that AFAS?

I'm fine with Maryland wearing black jerseys as long as they look good (which is almost never with a white helmet.) Isn't black one of their official school colors?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Even if it's a school color it's still BFBS since they are selling merchandise with it.

Now you're just being silly. Let's just drop the dang BFBS stuff and talk about actual uniforms

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The only news I've heard about Colorado is that they're ditching the white pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Even if it's a school color it's still BFBS since they are selling merchandise with it.

So that would be any color wouldn't it? I guess Nebraska is going Red for Red sake? If a school or professional team wants to add black or whatever color to their uniforms/logo to sell merchandise, so be it. They are in the game to make money, it's the only way they stay alive, so if it sells t-shirts, etc. I'm all for it. And who said you can't add black, or take away a color? I'm not saying I'm thrilled with the Mets, or the Texas Rangers adding black, but really, what can I do about it? Absolutely nothing! So I don't worry about it. There comes a point in time where you have to take a step back when you get worked up over trivial things and ask, "Why do I care? Is it really that important?" I use to get worked up about things like this, but I've just decided to ignore it. Now will I watch a team with an ugly uniform? Nope, but I'm not going to get worked up about a team adding black if they want to sell more merchandise. It's not black for black sake, it's black for green($) sake. That's what throwbacks are, that's what rebranding your team is, it's for Mo' Money and that's the real name of the sports game, money. How much can you make?

I'm fine with Maryland wearing black jerseys as long as they look good (which is almost never with a white helmet.) Isn't black one of their official school colors?

Red, white, black and gold are all official school colors.

i love CU's uniforms. one of their school colors is a light blue. id like to see that added as a sparsly used accent color. like around the numbers

I thought their only school colours were silver and gold...but they use black and gold...what's all this then about blue?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

i love CU's uniforms. one of their school colors is a light blue. id like to see that added as a sparsly used accent color. like around the numbers

I thought their only school colours were silver and gold...but they use black and gold...what's all this then about blue?

Ya, school colors are sliver and gold. Which would make an awesome and unique look if the could control themselves enough to use them in a fairly simple way.

Until you said that I even forgot they had white pants. When did they ever wear them?

107211149_display_image.jpg?1302657815

If i am correct they have worn them only a few times, every time vs. nebraska at their place (2). And once at florida state, there could be others that i am missing but either way they hardly ever wore them.

The reasoning that I have heard for dropping the white pants is that Embree the new coach thinks that "it goes against Colorado tradition". I suppose this is true but a statement like that makes me think that they will overhaul to something along the lines of the trowback home unis from last year.

Anyway about the colors. Baby blue was just an 80's experiment if I am not mistaken, it is not an official color by any means and should most likely stay away from the football uniforms.

So that would be any color wouldn't it? I guess Nebraska is going Red for Red sake? If a school or professional team wants to add black or whatever color to their uniforms/logo to sell merchandise, so be it. They are in the game to make money, it's the only way they stay alive, so if it sells t-shirts, etc. I'm all for it. And who said you can't add black, or take away a color? I'm not saying I'm thrilled with the Mets, or the Texas Rangers adding black, but really, what can I do about it? Absolutely nothing! So I don't worry about it. There comes a point in time where you have to take a step back when you get worked up over trivial things and ask, "Why do I care? Is it really that important?" I use to get worked up about things like this, but I've just decided to ignore it. Now will I watch a team with an ugly uniform? Nope, but I'm not going to get worked up about a team adding black if they want to sell more merchandise. It's not black for black sake, it's black for green($) sake. That's what throwbacks are, that's what rebranding your team is, it's for Mo' Money and that's the real name of the sports game, money. How much can you make?

I feel ya. I'm not really getting worked up over anything, just kinda pointing out how ridiculous the BFBS thing is on this site. I mean, there is NO way a team can add any color without it being that color for that color's sake according to the CCSLC BFBS hater argument. You're right, it's all about the money, so why pick on black? Teams add other colors all the time for merch reasons. Any team that has changed their colors since their original creation has been guilty of color for color's sake.

I feel ya. I'm not really getting worked up over anything, just kinda pointing out how ridiculous the BFBS thing is on this site. I mean, there is NO way a team can add any color without it being that color for that color's sake according to the CCSLC BFBS hater argument. You're right, it's all about the money, so why pick on black? Teams add other colors all the time for merch reasons. Any team that has changed their colors since their original creation has been guilty of color for color's sake.

As someone who despises the BFBS term and reasoning I agree 100% with these comments. They only thing I hate more is when people around here complain about the addition of pink or camouflage to uniform temporarily. Now add black to make money for themselves is a just reason and I can understand why maybe people don't like that. But seriously some people complain that teams are raising money for charity? Its outrageous how people can piss and moan because they have to see pink in a football game, when they are doing that for a good cause.

"Support our troops" and the "pinking of America" were once good causes. Once it became overkill and served to actually desensitize folks, it became bad. I think we're quite aware of breast cancer and the need to be proactive about it now thank you very much. Just cut a check to the Komen foundation and be done with it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"Support our troops" and the "pinking of America" were once good causes. Once it became overkill and served to actually desensitize folks, it became bad. I think we're quite aware of breast cancer and the need to be proactive about it now thank you very much. Just cut a check to the Komen foundation and be done with it.

Yeah too bad the NFL auctions off all of the pink stuff to raise money. It's such a terrible thing that selfish people like you have to see pink cleats for a month out of the year.

Archived