Sports Event Bucket List

rmackman

17. Michigan vs. Ohio State at The Big House

It wasn't at Michigan. It was this past year's in Ohio Stadium. I'm still counting it. I've been to both venues and I think Ohio Stadium is the better place to watch a game. Sorry, list.

39. Notre Dame Football Game

1995. Eddie George blew up, but this was also at Ohio Stadium, not at Notre Dame

40. MLB All-Star Game

1997 in Cleveland

72. MLB Opening Day in Cincinnati

Twice. The opening day parade is awesome.

94. NFL Hall of Fame Induction

Saw Anthony Munoz and Mike Singletary get inducted

HM

? Frozen Four

2005 in Columbus. Went to all 3 games. Denver beat North Dakota in the championship. Got to see Erin Andrews nearly wipe out on the ice after the game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

First off, I could swear this exact list was the basis for a thread a while back. Second, you couldn't pay me enough to go to a lot of the events on the list. The NYC marathon? The Iron Man World Championships? Maybe it's just me, but I don't think my sports life will be incomplete if I skip those.

BB52Big.jpg

Basketball:

1999 NBA Finals Games 1 and 2: Spurs vs. Knicks

2003 NBA Finals Games 1 and 2: Spurs vs. Nets

2005 NBA Finals Games 1, 2, and 7 Spurs vs. Pistons

Baseball:

1993 Opening Day: Rockies vs. Expos

1995 Wild-Card Game 3: Braves vs. Rockies

2007 Tiebreaker Game: Rockies vs. Padres

2007 World Series Games 3 and 4: Rockies vs. Red Sox

Football:

AFC Divisional Game: Broncos vs. Jaguars (The Mile High Miracle)

AFC Championship Game: Broncos vs. Jets (John Elway's final home game)

Super Bowl XXXI: Patriots vs. Packers

Super Bowl XXXVI: Patriots vs. Rams

Super Bowl XXXVIII: Patriots vs. Panthers

Super Bowl XXXIX: Patriots vs. Eagles

Hockey:

1996 Faceoff: Avalanche vs. Red Wings

1996 Stanley Cup Finals Games 1 and 2: Avalanche vs. Panthers

2002 Stanley Cup Finals Game 5: Red Wings vs. Hurricanes

Looking over this guy's list of 100 again, the only NBA-specific event he has listed is the NBA All-Star game, which is actually the least meaningful game of the season and the "game" of the season that I personally pay the least attention to. Man, the guy who created this list is clueless.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

NFL

2002 Wild Card Round Colts @ Jets my jets won 41-0

2010 Divisional Playoff Jets @ Pats traveled up to foxboro you know what happened.

MLB

Subway Series 2000 only mets win

Mets vs Sox at fenway even though it wasn't on the List

NBA

Been to tons of knicks games

Not bad for someone whos only 14 will definitley be going to the super bowl in 2014 and whenever the Jets go........

I've been to the final of the 1999 Women's World Cup. That's it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unless I skipped over it, my #1 isn't on the list at all:

Attend Wrestlemania.

Maybe because wrestling isn't a sport? :P

If the Running of the Bulls, a hot dog eating contest and the Westminster Dog Show are on the list, Wrestlemania should qualify.

Attend Wrestlemania.

If the Running of the Bulls, a hot dog eating contest and the Westminster Dog Show are on the list, Wrestlemania should qualify.

Agree 100%. Wrestlemania is much more of a "sport" than a dog show, cows running down the street, and some stupid hot dog eating contest. I would add that Wrestlemania would definitely be more fun than every soccer, cycling, and tennis event listed as well but I don't want to start a bunch of arguments. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Oh, wait, I've also seen the Harlem Globetrotters.

That's still only two. I need to step my game up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Attend Wrestlemania.

To be honest I didn't even read the list so I didn't really see those were on there. I agree with you there but regardless it's a pretty crappy list.

I was young as :censored:, though, so I don't remember it. I just remember that I have seen them.

Archived