Your Favorite Super Bowl Logo?

Falcons11497

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl XLIV.

Nice and symmetrical, representative of South Florida, and Saints won it.

How in the blue hell is this...

XLIV

...representative of South Florida?

Sharp angles, orange, Dolphin/Sunlife Stadium-esque .. guess it's just me. :oops:

When you think of South Florida, the first thing that comes to mind is sharp angles? :blink:

Ok, I'm wrong, sorry. :(

Glad to see XXXI gettin' so much love! For me it was between that one and XXXVIII and I went with the latter as to evade homer accusations even though I recall thinking it (XXXI) was a pretty cool logo when it was first released. But New Orleans is a city that has a lot of logo-friendly imagery that tends to rub off on the logos of the teams and events that play and take place in it. I always thought the logo for Super Bowl IX was very underrated in that no one really notices that it was the first Super Bowl logo to make an allusion to the games' location:

216px-Super_Bowl_IX_Logo.svg.png

I also think it's a damn shame this logo didn't get used because the NFL had to capitalize on 9/11. Not quite as good as XXXI, but certainly one of the better ones overall:

dm4r9ha8zuh8zuy1mocc.gif

Super Bowl XLIV.

Nice and symmetrical, representative of South Florida, and Saints won it.

How in the blue hell is this...

XLIV

...representative of South Florida?

Sharp angles, orange, Dolphin/Sunlife Stadium-esque .. guess it's just me. :oops:

When you think of South Florida, the first thing that comes to mind is sharp angles? :blink:

Ok, I'm wrong, sorry. :(

I wasn't trying to imply that you were wrong or right, just that sharp angles is an unusual thing to associate with a city/region. Especially since it was the first thing that you mentioned reminded you of South Florida.

jNTsTyQ.png

1. lg36.jpg

2. lg38.jpg

3. lg39.jpg

So I'm guessing that had the almighty Patriots beat the Giants, XLII's logo would've been your fourth favorite?

Well crud, by that logic, MLS Cup 2009's logo should be my favorite cup logo (though really it's one of the worst compared to others).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

1. lg36.jpg

2. lg38.jpg

3. lg39.jpg

So I'm guessing that had the almighty Patriots beat the Giants, XLII's logo would've been your fourth favorite?

Well crud, by that logic, MLS Cup 2009's logo should be my favorite cup logo (though really it's one of the worst compared to others).

Nope. Didn't like that logo very much at all. In fact, it was the first Super Bowl the Pats played in that I didn't get a jersey with a patch pre-game. Didn't care for XXXI, although SB XX was cool. My team winning the games certainly helps as the logos are ones I've seen frequently since then. I can see XXXVIII as being debatable, but XXXVI and XXXIX are two of the best designs for events I've seen.

I would put this year's logo under XXXVI as #2 on my list, except since it will be essentially a standard template for years to come, it doesn't feel unique to this SB for me. I also like the XXV logo and XXVII logos. Haven't liked one since XXXIX (this year's design aside).

spikes.jpg

For me it's easily

lg36.jpg

and not because the Pats won, I feel it is the best SB logo.

I'm curious how the original Super Bowl 36 logo would have ranked. I'd prefer they would recycle that for the next Super Bowl in New Orleans than have those standardized Lombardi Trophy logos they use now.

hye8zxyxhn4nvkcmkg7w.gif

Everything about that logo seems to say "a Super Bowl in New Orleans" without having a crayfish throwing a football at a drunk girl playing a clarinet. They really did well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived