Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a fake!!

Somebody took a white helmet and put the decal and striping on

Look at the head of the Bison, it's not even stuck on properly and it's too small. The new helmet has a very light gray face-mask, look how dark that one is, it's nearly platinum.

Gimme a break .... Does anyone honestly believe the BILLS would release a helmet that looks that sloppy, and 8 days before unveiling?

Hopefully that is a mistake and they didnt go with the thin stripes on the helmet. Unless it is a single stripe on the helmet, the stripes should go the width of almost all of the bumper. I hope the Bills didn't make the same mistake the Lions did by inexplicably going with the thin helmet stripes and then not going to thin pant stripes.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That's a fake!!

Look at the head of the Bison, it's not even stuck on properly and it's too small. The new helmet has a very light gray face-mask, look how dark that one is, it's nearly platinum.

It also looks like there's a very thin black pin stripe on the outside of the blue helmet striping.

Gimme a break .... Does anyone honestly believe the BILLS would release a helmet that looks that sloppy, and 8 days before unveiling?

Also, read the bloody article... blah http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/06/15/new-buffalo-bills-helmet/

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Bills didn't release this helmet, I did

I know you did ... it's now being discussed all over all different BILLS chat forums.

Others have sent to this website images and templates of new uniforms or helmets for various sports teams and CCSLC had refused to show them on your site until they become official, so it comes as a surprise that you'd release a blog on this one, especially seeing how poorly made that replica is.

The logo which was enlarged in 1982, and the BILLS have already said that it would remain as is, not the one like you released, which looks even smaller than 1974 version.

That's a fake!!

It also looks like there's a very thin black pin stripe on the outside of the blue helmet striping.

Didn't the blog say it was a replica helmet? So that would explain the smaller logo, facemask issues, etc. Right?

I know you did ... it's now being discussed all over all different BILLS chat forums.

Others have sent to this website images and templates of new uniforms or helmets for various sports teams and CCSLC had refused to show them on your site until they become official, so it comes as a surprise that you'd release a blog on this one, especially seeing how poorly made that replica is.

The logo which was enlarged in 1982, and the BILLS have already said that it would remain as is, not the one like you released, which looks even smaller than 1974 version.

Keep in mind it's a replica helmet that's intended for retail; not the authentic helmet that will be worn by the players or the one they'll be showing off at the press conference. Design is spot on, minor details like exact pantone of facemask and size of logo may be slightly off... like all replicas.

Some people get so upset when you share information, yikes... you're almost as bad as Winnipeg hockey fans, almost.

---

Chris Creamer

I like it in general, always was a fan of the Joe Ferguson-era designs. I'm on the fence about the stripe, not a fan at all of the skinny stripes, but I will reserve my judgement until I see some more pictures of the helmet, especially in conjunction with the uniform.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the skinny stripes on the Lions' helmet, and I don'tr think I'll love it here. Is this gonna be a new trend?

I like it in general, always was a fan of the Joe Ferguson-era designs. I'm on the fence about the stripe, not a fan at all of the skinny stripes, but I will reserve my judgement until I see some more pictures of the helmet, especially in conjunction with the uniform.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the skinny stripes on the Lions' helmet, and I don'tr think I'll love it here. Is this gonna be a new trend?

I hope not, but I have to admit the skinny stripe used by the Lions is a little bit better than the spiky stripe(s) used by the Ravens, Titans, and Broncos. And at least the stripe on this new Bills helmet is aesthetically pleasing with the Blue/Red/Blue design.

To me the three-stripe design should be fat like the Packers, the current 49ers and the old Lions helmet. The Redskins style (utilizing 5 stripes of three colors) work because their white and yellow stripes are fat, but the skinny 5-stripe design used by the Bills on their red helmets stunk because the white and blue stripes were too skinny.

Keep in mind it's a replica helmet that's intended for retail; not the authentic helmet that will be worn by the players or the one they'll be showing off at the press conference. Design is spot on, minor details like exact pantone of facemask and size of logo may be slightly off... like all replicas.

Some people get so upset when you share information, yikes... you're almost as bad as Winnipeg hockey fans, almost.

The wording in your blog could have said just that, but your blog was titled 'New Buffalo Bills Helmet', which is misleading since that is not the new helmet. Already there's some who are now believing that they shrunk the Leaping Bison and some are upset about it. Your site obviously has a very good reputation built up.

If the details are so minor as you say, then there'd be no reason that your site (which I've always had the highest regard for) would have been showing for all this time the helmet that was tweaked in 1982, just as it was it was shown on the Helmet Project.

The basic look on the sneak-peak of the Madden '12 preview that's long been leaked had already shown what the new helmet would 'resemble'.

and ... I'm not upset BTW, if I were I'd be using CAPITAL letters. Every now n then someone has to have a go with ones who are regarded as 'Dictators' wink2.gif

ARTnSocal posts like an old man who just discovered www dot the internet dot com.

I'm currently going thru cyber-therapy to correct that problem, so please bare with me.

Perhaps I lived in Winnipeg in my last life. :grin:

The wording in your blog could have said just that, but your blog was titled 'New Buffalo Bills Helmet', which is misleading since that is not the new helmet. Already there's some who are now believing that they shrunk the Leaping Bison and some are upset about it. Your site obviously has a very good reputation built up.

If the details are so minor as you say, then there'd be no reason that your site (which I've always had the highest regard for) would have been showing for all this time the helmet that was tweaked in 1982, just as it was it was shown on the Helmet Project.

The basic look on the sneak-peak of the Madden '12 preview that's long been leaked had already shown what the new helmet would 'resemble'.

and ... I'm not upset BTW, if I were I'd be using CAPITAL letters. Every now n then someone has to have a go with ones who are regarded as 'Dictators' wink2.gif

So you're suggesting that Buffalo Bills fans only read titles and look at pictures without reading the content -- let alone the first sentence of an article?

Go A's!

Probably because your buddy "Anonymous Source" sent you a pretty bad mock-up that is either photoshopped or some kind of hand made thing. You've been doing this long enough to know that even the cheapest retail replicas from Riddell have at least the "Riddell" sticker from a sweatband on the helmet if not the entire sweatband. Where is the sweatband on this one? The Riddell contract isn't over until after the coming season (or possibly even the 2012 season).

Just got this email from the Bills official site: Friday June 24 it is.

Uniform-Launch-Event-Special.jpg

Just like the Sabres posted subtle hints about the uniform during emails and splash pages on the team's website before the launch, I think that the background picture will be the what is on the center stripe of the new white helmet.

Great call (according to today's helmet picture)!

The only problem I have with the helmet is like a couple others have said...there's no Riddell bumper, and the clips to screw the mask to the helmet are completely different than what any major helmet manufacturer uses.

The smaller logo decal is always used by Riddell on "replica" helmets, so I'm not worried about the decal size in this Bills picture.

-----------

By the way, in trying to find daschuck's post, it's pretty apparent that we've talked about the history of every NFL team's uniform in this thread.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So what's the problem here? This is the helmet design, the bills promo proves it - are people upset this leaked image doesn't have exact replica helmet specifications?

Really why should I bothet sharing these things with everyone if this is the response?

---

Chris Creamer

So what's the problem here? This is the helmet design, the bills promo proves it - are people upset this leaked image doesn't have exact replica helmet specifications?

Really why should I bothet sharing these things with everyone if this is the response?

:censored: about minute details is what we do best! ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived