new mlb opening day logo?

TrueYankee26

And what's up with the stars? They're obviously only space fillers otherwise why would there be 6 and then 2?

Six divisions, two leagues. (An educated guess, but a guess nonetheless.)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen the World Series and Postseason logos. Ask away.

(For legal reasons I won't get too descriptive of either set but I can answer general questions.)

Colors?

Font?

Diamond or Globe or other shape?

of course you don't have to answer most of the questions to avoid being too descriptive, heck, shoot me a pm, and I vow, i will give you my word, I will NEVER LEAK OUT THE INFO UNTIL IT'S OFFICIALLY RELEASED! If i do ban me forever

I'll say this much -- they're using a font and color combination that have never been used for the WS before. Looks outstanding.

Here is the full version:

OpeningDay2011.png

I kinda like the retro-ness of it. Baseball trying to do extra-modern just doesn't work out that well in general. It's a nice direction. I'm glad the World Series logos seem to be doing the same thing in the past few years. 2008's logo was far superior to 2007's, for example.

Also, I really like it when MLB uses the bunting for their designs; it's uniquely "baseball."

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

(For legal reasons I won't get too descriptive of either set but I can answer general questions.)

Colors?

Font?

of course you don't have to answer most of the questions to avoid being too descriptive, heck, shoot me a pm, and I vow, i will give you my word, I will NEVER LEAK OUT THE INFO UNTIL IT'S OFFICIALLY RELEASED! If i do ban me forever

I'll say this much -- they're using a font and color combination that have never been used for the WS before. Looks outstanding.

No shock, the postseason logos since 2008 have been great

Colors?

Font?

Sounds pretty good. I have a feeling they'll get leaked within two weeks, though, because MLB The Show and MLB 2K11 come out

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Colors?

Font?

Sounds pretty good. I have a feeling they'll get leaked within two weeks, though, because MLB The Show and MLB 2K11 come out

Meh, kinda doubt it, saw 2k11's gameplay trailer (phillies & rox) and they had the 2010 NLCS logo shown on replay transition graphics.

I'm OK with the font, but I don't care for the drop shadow at ALL.

Wouldn't that be considered as a part of the font though.

I'd consider the font to be the letterforms on their own and the drop shadow to be an embellishment, so no. That said font selection here sucks.

What legal reasons? Can MLB really sue you for describing something you've seen, causing a few people to envision what a logo might look like? Hardly seems like grounds for a legal action.

I kinda like the retro-ness of it. Baseball trying to do extra-modern just doesn't work out that well in general.

hghqhgnogmhxbiwjw20w5c5cw.gif

Someone should've been hit with a pan for this.

And for this as well.

ej1t8kz53g8z9dxwq8qqvgeu7.gif

TrueYankee, is it a coincidence that those were both World Series won by the Red Sox? :P

also a coincidence that they ended in sweeps, and weren't exciting at all :P

What legal reasons? Can MLB really sue you for describing something you've seen, causing a few people to envision what a logo might look like? Hardly seems like grounds for a legal action.

No, but I can lose my job over it. Can't divulge that info with any real detail.

No, but I can lose my job over it. Can't divulge that info with any real detail.

Do you work for the secret service or something?

Do you work for the secret service or something?

Hahaha no, just a company in the industry that has the style guides and stuff way ahead of time. We're not permitted to share any of the info/designs/etc until MLB officially releases them.

Archived