new mlb opening day logo?

TrueYankee26

Next time you travel far from home, set up an alternate account and leak them on there. They'll trace the IP to, I dunno, New Brunswick, and they'll never suspect you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen the World Series and Postseason logos. Ask away.

(For legal reasons I won't get too descriptive of either set but I can answer general questions.)

What legal reasons? Can MLB really sue you for describing something you've seen, causing a few people to envision what a logo might look like? Hardly seems like grounds for a legal action.

No, but I can lose my job over it. Can't divulge that info with any real detail.

Do you work for the secret service or something?

Hahaha no, just a company in the industry that has the style guides and stuff way ahead of time. We're not permitted to share any of the info/designs/etc until MLB officially releases them.

I get that you don't want to leak the logos by posting them here, I just don't understand the logic in you not being able to explain to us what they look like and us drawing our own conclusions.

FWIW, I've seen screenshots from MLB 11 The Show with the new postseason logos. For the sakes of not causing any trouble, I recommend taking a gander at the Operation Sports boards rather than posting them here until the game's officially out next week

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

See a doctor if your snot is that dark.

I love it. Perfect autumnal palette, though I've never been crazy about writing out "Fall Classic" in the logo itself. I like it when the meta-nicknames of baseball aren't officially written out on team stuff. It would be like a Yankees BP/ST that said "Bronx Bombers."

That doesn't look like Trajan again (good). What is it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not a big fan of the fall leaf and color scheme , i think the 2009 and 2008 logos were one of the best lately.

This post doesn't make a ton of sense.

I think that the fall colors do take a little bit away from the logo as far as it being representative of the championship. The colors should be stronger, like back in the globe era (early '90s). Also don't think that the league's logo should ever have its colors changed. I agree with those who don't like putting nicknames on the logos (Fall Classic) as it sort of "corporatizes" a colloquialism.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looking at it in more detail, I'm liking it more and more. Like the colors and the font, but as I said in the new MLB uniforms thread, I'd like a little more of a background for it.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived