Cubs vs. Dodgers Spring Training

rmackman

Neither team was wearing its batting practice jerseys. Aren't there rules about wearing regular season uniforms in spring?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Not that I am aware of. In recent years working for the Blue Jays in Florida I have seen Atlanta, Baltimore, and Detroit wear road unis. I think most teams wear the BP's, but even today the Nats wore the home whites on MLB Network.

The Cubs and Dodgers usually wear their regular season home unis during Spring Training traditionally. However, I rarely see either team wear their road uniforms during ST, at not least from what I can remember.

I don't like teams wearing regular season uniforms in spring training. I think they should hold off on official uniforms till they're playing official games. Practice games should be conducted in practice jerseys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like teams wearing regular season uniforms in spring training. I think they should hold off on official uniforms till they're playing official games. Practice games should be conducted in practice jerseys.

But then some rookie who tore it up in spring training gets into his first regular season game and has no idea what to do and vomits all over himself because he's overwhelmed by going out there in the real jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But then some rookie who tore it up in spring training gets into his first regular season game and has no idea what to do and vomits all over himself because he's overwhelmed by going out there in the real jersey.

I must say, I shared admiral's sentiment until you laid the facts on the table. I don't need to see Ryan Kalish going out there striking out with vomit all over his uniform in April.

Ah, you youngins. I remember back in the old days of Spring Training when teams didn't wear batting practice jerseys. Heck, I remember when teams didn't wear BP jerseys at all!

The Cubs and Dodgers usually wear their regular season home unis during Spring Training traditionally. However, I rarely see either team wear their road uniforms during ST, at not least from what I can remember.

From the 80s to mid 90 I remember that the Angels, Dodgers, Padres, & Giants wore road uni during Spring Training.

some games there is one team that wears the white homes,and the other wears the BP.I've never seen any teams wear their road jerseys and home jerseys in a Spring training game.

The Tigers routinely wear their road greys (as well as home whites) in Spring Training

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hmm, I think I just caught myself in an inconsistency. I was about to post how I like that the real unis generally don't come out until Opening Day, because there's something charming about that. But then I realized no other major sport does that, and also the fact that I hate the idea of BP jerseys. I never understood why baseball teams can't just take BP in their regular unis, and just chalked it up to the money grab of another contrived product MLB can sell.

some games there is one team that wears the white homes,and the other wears the BP.I've never seen any teams wear their road jerseys and home jerseys in a Spring training game.

The Tigers routinely wear their road greys (as well as home whites) in Spring Training

i just saw them play today vs the Mets and they were wearing their grey road unis but wearing their new BP cap. did not look good at all i think

True2OB.png

Hmm, I think I just caught myself in an inconsistency. I was about to post how I like that the real unis generally don't come out until Opening Day, because there's something charming about that. But then I realized no other major sport does that, and also the fact that I hate the idea of BP jerseys. I never understood why baseball teams can't just take BP in their regular unis, and just chalked it up to the money grab of another contrived product MLB can sell.

The other sports play their pre-seasons in (for the most part) their regular-season homes, in front of their regular-season fans, and charge regular-season prices. At least baseball treats theirs more like practice, so I'm OK with them wearing practice jerseys. Of course, a lot of the Phillies pre-season games are sold out by regular-season fans, so maybe they should wear their regular jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived