Ohio State T-Shirt

kurpit

As a Razorback fan it irks me to no end, those lying cheating players never should've played and LiarVest never should've coached. They stole a night we can't get back.

Maybe, but had the "cheaters" not played, everyone would have said you beat Ohio State's JV team. The Buckeyes cheated and they got caught. They deserve to pay the price but let's not pretend for one second that Ohio State is the only school where things like this happen.

On topic; how original. Typical Michigan wit.

BB52Big.jpg

As a Razorback fan it irks me to no end, those lying cheating players never should've played and LiarVest never should've coached. They stole a night we can't get back.

...or you could've just beaten the Buckeyes at full strength. Self-righteousness is the crutch of the defeated. Perhaps it's best not to put too much weight on it, especially considering your team/conference routinely over-signs players as the "unfair advantage" of choice.

If you'd seriously rather play a team with all their best players out, it says a lot about how you view your program. Maybe it's just me but, given the current state of "amateur" athletics, I don't let myself get too bitter about perceived improprieties of other programs. It all comes back around sooner or later.

BuckeyesRetroFlagSm.pngFindlayRetroFlagSm.pngBrownsRetroFlagSm.png

Maybe, but had the "cheaters" not played, everyone would have said you beat Ohio State's JV team. The Buckeyes cheated and they got caught. They deserve to pay the price but let's not pretend for one second that Ohio State is the only school where things like this happen.

On topic; how original. Typical Michigan wit.

I don't believe for a second that Ohio State is the only school to be violating NCAA rules. I think a lot of dirt goes on in college sports and I hope the NCAA takes it seriously and tries to put an end to it. Although it's some speculation right now, it looks like Oregon may have some bad recruiting practices going on. I really hope all that surrounded Cam Newton isn't done being investigated. Also, I think Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports said on a Chicago radio station that there is another bigger story that's going to break before the end of the summer. Between all this, illegitimate medical redshirts and the over-signing (not an NCAA violation but really unethical) the top of college football looks pretty dirty these days.

...or you could've just beaten the Buckeyes at full strength. Self-righteousness is the crutch of the defeated. Perhaps it's best not to put too much weight on it, especially considering your team/conference routinely over-signs players as the "unfair advantage" of choice.

If you'd seriously rather play a team with all their best players out, it says a lot about how you view your program. Maybe it's just me but, given the current state of "amateur" athletics, I don't let myself get too bitter about perceived improprieties of other programs. It all comes back around sooner or later.

+1

With the amount of dropped balls Arkansas had, it's a shame the game wasn't even closer.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is everyone else ignoring the Federal Indictment and Federal Investigation in all of this?

If you think for one second the dream crutch of a "federal investigation" on this is a valid excuse, you need to consider these facts:

1) The informing lawyer sent an email about the suspected issue to Coach Tressel on April 2. Coach Tressel replied "I will get on it ASAP" and did nothing.

2) That same lawyer contacted Coach Tressel again 2 weeks later requesting confidentiality as he was essentially breaking the client/attorney privilege. What did JT do with the information during in these two weeks?

3) Coach Tressel did not pass this information up to the Athletic Department or the Ohio State legal team until after he got caught with the info. There is no valid excuse whatsoever for this decision, unless he planned on never sharing it.

4) Coach Tressel allowed these players to play the entire season knowing they were ineligible.

5) In December, after the story went public, Coach Tressel allowed his players to get skewered by the national media before the bowl game, and still did not share the info. He out-right lied to investigators about his knowledge of the issue. The ill-conceived veil of a federal investigation stopped being valid when the story went public (not that it ever was) - yet he still did not say anything to his boss or lawyers.

6) Coach Tressel had these players promise to not enter the NFL draft in exchange for playing in the bowl game. He cost them money to improve his own coaching record and reputation, even though he was deceiving the investigation.

To top it all off, the AD & President of the University have publicly joked about the situation and pledged loyalty to the man that lied and put the institution at risk.

This all adds up to "Lack of Institutional Control"

Archived