NBA Concepts

UnclearInitial

With the NBA season coming to a close, I've been inspired to make some NBA concepts. Now, this is my first concept I'm posting and I'm using Paint, so try not to rip me to shreds. :unsure:

So to the concept. I always thought that pink and black is an outstanding color combination, but no major league teams uses it. So I decided to give it to the Bobcats, because I find that their colors look extremely washed out. I like their jerseys, so this is basically a recolor with different logos (don't worry, not all of my concepts will be recolors). I tweaked their primary to have the current wordmark spell charlotte. Ialso tweaked the collar from last season. The away uniform is black, and the alt is pink with black side panels with CLT on the front to cash in on the airport name craze.

5524504848_2842117fdf_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Interesting idea, but it wouldn't fly in a men's pro sports league - female connotations, crude gay jokes would inevitably be made, and the players would probably refuse to wear them.

Then again, the NBA did have a team wearing rainbow uniforms for a while, so maybe people wouldn't object.

nuggets.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If you're going to use pink, then I think you've got to use a darker pink, almost magenta -- think Bret "The Hitman" Hart, for example. The shade you have right now doesn't have enough contrast from white to distinguish one from the other.

EDIT: Not a huge fan of the "CLT" abbreviation either, or any of the airport abbreviations for that matter. I can live with PHX or ATL because that's what sports fans are used to seeing as abbreviations for those cities in scoreboards, etc. But, in those cases, usually Charlotte is shortened to "CHA". If any Edmonton team tried using "YEG" on a uniform, there'd be a lot of confusion.

Can you imagine...

Pink will never be a colour in a major league sport. Do you think fans would actually buy that?

This is one of the best selling jerseys in Italy;

palermo.jpg

In Italy. I dont think that can be emphasized enough.

Charlotte, NC is not Italy. A lot of places one Earth are NOT Italy...and those places likely don't buy pink jerseys like they are Big Macs.

this concept needs work. the color scheme is a HUGE downgrade. the CLT...plus the pink...becomes very suggestive and disturbing... :o

If the players would refuse to wear jerseys because they're pink, they should grow a pair.

I think it's the opposite. Any man that wants to wear a pink uniform probably doesn't have a pair in the first place. In America, competitive sports is also based on testosterone and being the alpha among men. Pink doesn't fit anywhere in that.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Interesting idea, but it wouldn't fly in a men's pro sports league - female connotations, crude gay jokes would inevitably be made, and the players would probably refuse to wear them.

Then again, the NBA did have a team wearing rainbow uniforms for a while, so maybe people wouldn't object.

nuggets.jpg

That was at a time where flamboyant colors such as rainbow was very popular.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Also, psychologists say that pink is a soothing color. Pretty sure that'd be a disadvantage to the Bobcats when they're trying to get fired up before a big game.

The Bobcats in a big game? Not likely. :P

Also, the pink is an ALT jersey, so cool it. However, since the response towards the pink has been largely negative, back to the drawing board.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Also, psychologists say that pink is a soothing color. Pretty sure that'd be a disadvantage to the Bobcats when they're trying to get fired up before a big game.

Also, the pink is an ALT jersey, so cool it. However, since the response towards the pink has been largely negative, back to the drawing board.

Well the logo is pink. Why would Charlotte of all teams be pink? Who's ever heard of a pink bobcat? Bobcats are supposed to be threatening, and the current logo clearly portrays that. Nothing about pink says scary. Fierce maybe. ^_^

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Well the logo is pink. Why would Charlotte of all teams be pink? Who's ever heard of a pink bobcat? Bobcats are supposed to be threatening, and the current logo clearly portrays that. Nothing about pink says scary. Fierce maybe. ^_^

1.Who ever heard of an orange bobcat?

2.Bobcats look threatening?

bobcat.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1.Who ever heard of an orange bobcat?

2.Bobcats look threatening?

bobcat.jpg

Well it's at least believable for the bobcat to be orange, rather than bubblegum pink.

Regardless, the Bobcats would be the laughing-stock of the NBA in pink. North Carolina is not Italy.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

After this pink bobcat fiasco, might as well put that behind us.

For this concept, I changed the Wizards back to the Bullets. The primary logo is the same as the last Bullets logo except for the ball and the washington. I also made a W and going for the rebound alternate logo. The jerseys are a mix of the classic Bullets unis and the wizards. The alternate was inspired by the gold alt, with 5 stars rapresenting the 5 players on the team. The logo on the shorts is a revamped Flying bullet logo.

5524185715_a02c1f9ea2_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived