2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Milwaukee loves being an NL city. Even if the AL was founded in Wisconsin.

Easy to say when it's not your team that will be moved. Houston loves being an NL city and has much, much, more tenure in the NL -- 50 MLB seasons and years before that as a Cardinals minor-league town.

The only thing I don't like about Houston being in the AL is then both Texas teams are in the same league. It also would eliminate there ever being a chance of a Astros-Ranger Series. But I guess both PA teams are in the NL, too.

How about this idea? Move Houston to the NL West and then move either the D-Backs or the Rockies to the Al West.

I also remember awhile back they were thinking of moving the Royals to the AL West. So maybe if Milwaukee went back to the AL they could do that. Although I don't like that idea that much.

Arizona or Houston is what a lot of us have been saying for a long time.

Milwaukee's going nowhere.

The D-Backs are actually plan B.

Not to derail it too much, but the playing-Pacific-Time-Games as a negative argument for Houston borders on moronic. The played in the NL West from 1969-1993. They will end up playing app. the same number of West Coast games as an AL team as the did against LA-SF-SD. No tradition against AL teams, but the don't have a real rival anyway.

Then let the Astros play those West Coast games in the NL, and move the Diamondbacks to the AL. The D'backs don't really have a real rival, either.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy to say when it's not your team that will be moved. Houston loves being an NL city and has much, much, more tenure in the NL -- 50 MLB seasons and years before that as a Cardinals minor-league town.

The only thing I don't like about Houston being in the AL is then both Texas teams are in the same league. It also would eliminate there ever being a chance of a Astros-Ranger Series. But I guess both PA teams are in the NL, too.

How about this idea? Move Houston to the NL West and then move either the D-Backs or the Rockies to the Al West.

I also remember awhile back they were thinking of moving the Royals to the AL West. So maybe if Milwaukee went back to the AL they could do that. Although I don't like that idea that much.

Not to derail it too much, but the playing-Pacific-Time-Games as a negative argument for Houston borders on moronic. The played in the NL West from 1969-1993. They will end up playing app. the same number of West Coast games as an AL team as the did against LA-SF-SD. No tradition against AL teams, but the don't have a real rival anyway.

Then let the Astros play those West Coast games in the NL, and move the Diamondbacks to the AL. The D'backs don't really have a real rival, either.

We weren't saying move Houston instead of Milwaukee. We were saying move NEITHER team. Colorado and Arizona should be the only candidates for switching.

We weren't saying move Houston instead of Milwaukee. We were saying move NEITHER team. Colorado and Arizona should be the only candidates for switching.

Arizona won a World Series in the NL, if you use the "they won in that uniform so it can never change" argument, Arizona should not move..

Arizona won a World Series in the NL, if you use the "they won in that uniform so it can never change" argument, Arizona should not move..

What? No one was using that argument.

About the realignment I would move the Padres over to the AL West, The Pirates over to the NL East & the Astros to the NL West.

As for the uniforms..

When are the Blue Jays, Orioles, & Rockies are unveiling their new uniforms.

The Blue Jays I believe are set to unveil their new unis this Friday, Nov. 18.

The O's are said to be coming out with their new caps (and supposedly tweaks to the uniform script) on Tuesday the 15th.

As for the Rockies, I have heard nothing besides the fact that they may be dropping the all-purple alternate cap (which was seldom used anyway). There has been speculation that they could be fixing the road unis (which IMO are a mess), but I think it's no more than just that - speculation.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I think the Rockies just need some damn consistency. I saw the last two games of their August 9 - August 11 series in Cincinnati, they wore different uniforms all three nights. They wore their greys on the 9th, blacks on the 10th, and purple on the 11th. :wacko:

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

About the realignment I would move the Padres over to the AL West, The Pirates over to the NL East & the Astros to the NL West.

Then there would 5 NL West teams, 4 in the Central and 6 in the East. What is the point of that?

Well I would moved the Braves over to the NL Central.

As for the uniforms..

The Blue Jays I believe are set to unveil their new unis this Friday, Nov. 18.

The O's are said to be coming out with their new caps (and supposedly tweaks to the uniform script) on Tuesday the 15th.

As for the Rockies, I have heard nothing besides the fact that they may be dropping the all-purple alternate cap (which was seldom used anyway). There has been speculation that they could be fixing the road unis (which IMO are a mess), but I think it's no more than just that - speculation.

Thank for the heads up Mojo and I would love to see the Rockies drop the pinstripes on the road only the Padres & Twins can pulled it off and I also heard the Mets are getting new uniform...

Again LOL.

As for the uniforms..

Why would you move the Padres out of the division with their two biggest rivals (LA and SF) and put them in a division they have no ties to beyond a yearly interleague series with Seattle?

As for the uniforms..

Why would you move the Padres out of the division with their two biggest rivals (LA and SF) and put them in a division they have no ties to beyond a yearly interleague series with Seattle?

Well the Angels need a rival granted they got the A's but I think the Padres would benefit rivalring the Angels but then again the Astros is also a good choice so they could be in the same division as the Rangers.

As for the uniforms..

Well the Angels need a rival granted they got the A's but I think the Padres would benefit rivalring the Angels but then again the Astros is also a good choice so they could be in the same division as the Rangers.

The Angels already have a big rival in the A's and the crosstown rivalry with the Dodgers. Anyway back on topic.

As for the uniforms..

The Angels already have a big rival in the A's and the crosstown rivalry with the Dodgers. Anyway back on topic.

Yeah you're right I can't remember when was the last time 5 teams is changing logos and or uniforms and I'm not including the Dodgers!!

Is it me or are most of these teams last place finishers? ... not including the Dodgers. And the Jays were just being courteous this year ^_^

STILL, it's not a bad thing. It's a start for all these teams and hopefully they can snatch some good arms this offseason and move up in the rankings for 2012. Look at what the Rays did after they dropped the green unis and took the Devil out for good. Hell if I was expecting them to reach the World Series.

Archived