2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tribe to Announce Changes on Friday...

CLEVELAND -- The Indians want to embrace a more vintage look when it comes to their uniforms, and the club plans on unveiling a few slight changes later this week. The alterations are not expected to be too drastic.

"These are not dramatic changes that we've made," said Kurt Schloss, the Indians' senior director of merchandising. "It's more about consistency."

Schloss declined to delve into the specific uniform changes that will be revealed on Friday, when the Indians will also be celebrating "Snopening Day," the kick-off for the club's Snow Days event at Progressive Field. Schloss would only say that the Tribe was trying to have its uniforms be consistent with other branding initiatives.

Last offseason, the Indians made a handful of minor changes that continued to embrace the block "C" logo and uniform scripting that matched. The changes that will be announced on Friday are likely to be along the same lines, though Cleveland's Chief Wahoo logo is also expected to be included.

Schloss said one key is trying to create consistency between the home and road uniforms, as well as with the alternate uniforms.

"You could look at these uniforms and almost say that they're more vintage looking and less retail looking jerseys," Schloss said. "It's more for that authentic fan that remembers the days when jerseys were sold based on how the jersey looked, not based on the retail demand. A benefit of this look is it sort of comes back to the heritage of the organization."

I have never equated the Seattle Mariners with a paranoid housewife, but okay.

What about an old Seahawks-style royal and kelly for the M's? Could that work?

That's a look the Seahawks themselves need to bring back in some form instead of their dreary costumes, but that's a different discussion for a different thread.

I would love to see the Mariners bring back the teal crown, navy bill hat in addition to their teal-billed cap, but that's about the only addition I could foresee and agree with. The reason the M's set might seem a bit stale is because they're an awful organization and with no real achievements in the past decade, but then again, they at least have a few playoff appearances and a 116 win season in their current set, which is more than they did wearing anything else. I thought the old royal/yellow set, especially with the font they used, was awful.

spacer.png

Sticking by the prediction I made in this thread a couple weeks back: The Indians' script wordmarks will get a single outline to become consistent with the block-letter wordmarks.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them incorporate more red into the cream home alternate uniforms - either changing the undershirts and/or possibly the socks to red.

Now, if only they would dump that awful lighter shade of navy that they've been using on the Wahoo hats since 2003.....

I hope they make the cream uniforms white...

The cream just doesn't work. Hideous, I don't think I've ever liked them.

The new road uniform is beautiful, keep it. My guess is they'll add piping to the cream uniform to match the road uniform.

I say drop the red cap and bring in a "C block" cap with a red brim (while dropping the wahoo cap, only because I see it happening.)

If they can work their identity around the new road uniform, they could have a very classy look.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is it possible that they are dropping the new (for last season ) road uniform, after only one season?

I browsed the Indians team shop, and I cannot find the road uniform for sale. It's shown at the top of the jerseys page, but it's not listed as one of the jerseys for sale...

I'm gonna be bummed if that's the case.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

(Anyone wondering, the cream uniform, alternate uniform, and cursive home uniform are still for sale, along with two "C" caps and two wahoo caps.)

EDIT: On the mothersite, the script Indians script (and Progressive field logo with script) is listed XXXX-2011...

Could be anything at this point...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is it possible that they are dropping the new (for last season ) road uniform, after only one season?

I browsed the Indians team shop, and I cannot find the road uniform for sale. It's shown at the top of the jerseys page, but it's not listed as one of the jerseys for sale...

I'm gonna be bummed if that's the case.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

(Anyone wondering, the cream uniform, alternate uniform, and cursive home uniform are still for sale, along with two "C" caps and two wahoo caps.)

EDIT: On the mothersite, the script Indians script (and Progressive field logo with script) is listed XXXX-2011...

Could be anything at this point...

At the team store only the script uniforms are on sale.

70389454.png

I had to look at the 2011 and 2012 sheets side-by-side in order to see what had changed.

IMO - this is even less significant than the Royals changes.

Is it significant enough that they will have to change the signage around the stadium? Because the script is everywhere

70389454.png

Archived