2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wish they'd put the collar piping on all jerseys. Including the cream alternates. I'd actually take the home, make it cream and possibly ditch that alt altogether. The script looks so much better now that it's gotten a little bit of new life.

So add the collar piping, make the home cream (or white) and back to midnight navy. Road cap could also become primary cap, or a red billed version for home. Wahoo makes a great sleeve patch, but the Wahoo cap could remain the alt.

EDIT: Looking closer at the pic, the home DOES have the collar piping. So they're even better. Kudos, tribe. And kudos again.

Great job, Indians. Now, just work on that crappy road set and you'll be set.

They have one of the best road sets. Nothing needs to be done with them.

I just think if they matched the set completely, it'd look good. That, and I hate the red caps.

Roads though should be the target to match. The home script looks great now and script homemarks still look good with basic block roadmarks. So the homes can stay as they are now, or go cream, and make the road cap the primary home and road, ditching the red caps. Boom. Home, road and alt (navy) would all be unified, once you make them all the midnight navy.

If they inverted the colors of the road wordmark and numbers (so red outlined in navy), it'd be an absolutely perfect uniform. As it is now, it's still very solid, but that one problem bugs me a little.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If they inverted the colors of the road wordmark and numbers (so red outlined in navy), it'd be an absolutely perfect uniform. As it is now, it's still very solid, but that one problem bugs me a little.

I think they look better as navy trimmed in red. Twins should be the ones to switch around. I'd even say the Indians could reverse the home wordmark and be all-around navy trimmed in red.

That Cleveland update is an upgrade I've been waiting years for. The outlines on the previous jersey completely muddled the look, and ruined that jersey for me.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Loving the new Indians uniforms. Simple fix that really gives their Home and Alternate a classy look.

Love it. Proves my ongoing theory that more than one outline is unnecessary and clutters a design.

Agreed. Can't think of a single instance when multiple outlines looks good.

I think they look better as navy trimmed in red. Twins should be the ones to switch around. I'd even say the Indians could reverse the home wordmark and be all-around navy trimmed in red.

It doesn't look bad at all, but the wordmark inversion would look better and fit to me personally because of this:

bob-feller.jpg

I just think it'd be a nice homage to the old 1940's and 1950's sets, and would match with the rest of the red wordmarked uniforms in the current set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

It doesn't look bad at all, but the wordmark inversion would look better and fit to me personally because of this:

bob-feller.jpg

I just think it'd be a nice homage to the old 1940's and 1950's sets, and would match with the rest of the red wordmarked uniforms in the current set.

I'm guessing they can't bring back those caps. :P

Haha I know right? :P I wish they could, but there'd be some obvious problems. However, the block "C" cap paired with that set would be really nice, I think.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Lukas said today that the Giants will add a road alternate jersey soon.

I'm sure it'll be a big surprise based on what they already have in their set. (ie: it's going to be black with "GIANTS" on the front).

I could have sworn someone said back in Aug/Sep that the Giants were bringing back the black jersey, but it never got clarified. Regardless, I doubt it's anything more than a black version of what they wear now. No reason to believe they'd bring back one of the late 70's/early 80's alts.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm sure it'll be a big surprise based on what they already have in their set. (ie: it's going to be black with "GIANTS" on the front).

I was surprised when I saw it... I'm pretty sure what they're doing is a first for an alternate jersey.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I was surprised when I saw it... I'm pretty sure what they're doing is a first for an alternate jersey.

A second gray jersey with the black and orange reversed?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived