2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

Horrible.

I am against cap logos on jerseys in almost all instances (*cough* Pirates *cough*).

Looks great for Detroit and NYY.

Neither of which, it should be noted, use cap logos on their jerseys. They use similar but less angular logos, which seem to be better balanced for the light background of jerseys.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Red Sox announced they will be having a throwback game with the A's on May 2, 2012.

http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/fenwaypark100/events.jsp

May 2, 2012

Throwback Day against the Oakland Athletics

The two teams will wear throwback uniforms from 1936, the year when Jimmie Foxx was sold by the then Philadelphia Athletics to the Boston Red Sox. Foxx was a star on the Red Sox teams of the late 30s and won a Most Valuable Player award in 1938.

We should see the return of the classic Red Sox stirrup!

al_1936_boston.gifal_1936_philadelphia.gif

I wouldn't mind if the Rangers just wore their red jerseys caps, belts, socks, shirts, shoes and red alt at home and kept the blue caps, socks, shirts and jerseys on the road. They have essentially already done this, although they still occasionally wear blue at home still. Anyways, all they really would need to do on top of the color shift is make the home uni script say 'Rangers' and in red instead of blue; and leave the current road uni as-is.

Basically it would be like their 2000 uniforms, which I always felt had it right. Make red the home color, keep blue for the road.

Just for reference, I kept track of all the uniforms last season. Here are the Rangers' stats:

Home jersey: 29 times plus 1 playoff game.

With red cap: 10 times plus 6 playoff games. (Only one loss in these uniforms [to Seattle]!)

Red alternate: 38 times plus 1 playoff game.

Blue alternate (at home): 4 times.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

The Red Sox announced they will be having a throwback game with the A's on May 2, 2012.

http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/fenwaypark100/events.jsp

May 2, 2012

Throwback Day against the Oakland Athletics

The two teams will wear throwback uniforms from 1936, the year when Jimmie Foxx was sold by the then Philadelphia Athletics to the Boston Red Sox. Foxx was a star on the Red Sox teams of the late 30s and won a Most Valuable Player award in 1938.

We should see the return of the classic Red Sox stirrup!

al_1936_boston.gifal_1936_philadelphia.gif

Those red sox road UNIS are 100% better than what they wear today.

This has probably been confirmed already, but I saw an on-field version of the Mariners navy crown/teal brim hat at Lids and the New Era Store in Chicago yesterday.

Yes. It was officially determined a few weeks ago that they will wear those caps with the teal alternate jerseys for Monday and Friday home games.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Red Sox revealed their Fenway Park 100th Anniversary patch recnely, but it's on their road jersey, for some strange reason.

It'll probably end up on the home, too.

It definitely is on the home jersey.

610x.jpg

Didn't see that pic, and I didn't notice a patch on Bobby V's jersey during his introductory press conference.

Any appearances of an on field cap with the alternate 100th logo?

None have popped up, as far as I know. I'd be curious to see whether the patch would be on the back of the cap arched over the MLB logo, or on the side.

spacer.png

Red Sox revealed their Fenway Park 100th Anniversary patch recnely, but it's on their road jersey, for some strange reason.

It'll probably end up on the home, too.

It definitely is on the home jersey.

610x.jpg

Didn't see that pic, and I didn't notice a patch on Bobby V's jersey during his introductory press conference.

Any appearances of an on field cap with the alternate 100th logo?

None have popped up, as far as I know. I'd be curious to see whether the patch would be on the back of the cap arched over the MLB logo, or on the side.

My hunch is the cap wouldn't feature the arch patch but the alternate logo I posted in this thread a couple of pages prior. It's similar to the shapes of the Mets' and Astos' anniversary logos, and it seems more suited for a cap.

Archived