2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

I don't necessarily think the Rangers need to choose either Red or Blue. Why not both? Their primary logo features a roundel with a perfect split between red and blue. Both can/should be treated as primary colours.

During the world series when they wore their red caps with their blue-scripted home whites, I thought it was a unique look. Does any other team have a Red hat with royal blue script? Or Royal Blue Hat with red socks? Or Red hat with blue socks?

The script itself needs a little work, and I hate having Texas on the homes, but for pure colour combos, what about one of these?

glX4U.jpg

Side note: does ANYONE on the Red Sox go high cuffed? I can't find a picture of a high-cuffed sox player anywhere...

boston-red-sox-jason-varitek-1.jpg

It's close, but thats a navy/red combo, which is has been used by a ton of teams (Cardinals, Nationals, 90's Indians)

Using Royal Blue and Red together as Co-Primary colours like this would make the Rangers unique.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't necessarily think the Rangers need to choose either Red or Blue. Why not both? Their primary logo features a roundel with a perfect split between red and blue. Both can/should be treated as primary colours.

During the world series when they wore their red caps with their blue-scripted home whites, I thought it was a unique look. Does any other team have a Red hat with royal blue script? Or Royal Blue Hat with red socks? Or Red hat with blue socks?

The script itself needs a little work, and I hate having Texas on the homes, but for pure colour combos, what about one of these?

glX4U.jpg

Side note: does ANYONE on the Red Sox go high cuffed? I can't find a picture of a high-cuffed sox player anywhere...

It's close, but thats a navy/red combo, which is has been used by a ton of teams (Cardinals, Nationals, 90's Indians)

Using Royal Blue and Red together as Co-Primary colours like this would make the Rangers unique.

Unique, but for some reason it just doesn't look right with the Rangers. Red Sox seems to work, but not Texas.

glX4U.jpg

Unique, but for some reason it just doesn't look right with the Rangers. Red Sox seems to work, but not Texas.

Just curious why you think that? I personally think it's more of an individual thing: it works for some players, regardless of team.

I don't post often but my goal in life is to get the sox to ditch their boring road UNIS so let me reiterate my hatred of these UNIS.

I understand this is not as great a goal as curing cancer or achieving world peace but I am starting small and will tackle larger issues when I have more time.

glX4U.jpg

Just curious why you think that? I personally think it's more of an individual thing: it works for some players, regardless of team.

May be due to more blue appearing on the Rangers set than navy on the Red Sox, I don't know. But it just doesn't look right. And while the Red Sox roadies are not their ideal look, as just an individual uniform, it actually looks pretty good.

It doesn't work with the Rangers because red and blue are both primary colors, and compete for the eye. The Red Sox gray and navy (or white and navy) serve as neutral backdrops for the red to stand out against. It works 1000X better with them than with the Rangers. The Rangers just look like a team that simply has no idea what its identity is and can't pick their colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, the multiple outlines and drop shadows paired with the different colored socks just seems to cause the whole look to come off as kind of gimmicky, aswear the Red Sox have the simpler look with a touch of red on the sleeve that allows the whole thing to come together better.

The whole red color scheme is something the Rangers reintroduced a few years back, isn't it? I remember they had red in the 90's and then went to the blue ... but geez, would be nice if they stuck with one. The blue, in my opinion, works better.

The whole red color scheme is something the Rangers reintroduced a few years back, isn't it? I remember they had red in the 90's and then went to the blue ... but geez, would be nice if they stuck with one. The blue, in my opinion, works better.

I they they should stick with blue, because the Angels are already a well established "red" team in the same division.

Angels = red

Rangers = blue

A's = green

Mariners = teal

Is how I see the division, color-wise, anyway.

I they they should stick with blue, because the Angels are already a well established "red" team in the same division.

Angels = red

Rangers = blue

A's = green

Mariners = teal

Is how I see the division, color-wise, anyway.

Interesting - I definitely think of the Mariners as a navy-blue team.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I almost forgot when are the Rockies going to unvile their new uniforms or is it for next year?

The mods are relatively minor, and only affect the road unis. Don't know when they'll be unveiled however.

I almost forgot when are the Rockies going to unvile their new uniforms or is it for next year?

The mods are relatively minor, and only affect the road unis. Don't know when they'll be unveiled however.

Isn't all they're doing just getting rid of the pinstripes? I'm thinking of the uniform Larry Walker wore during the All Star Game but with "Colorado" instead of "Rockies" as the wordmark.

Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not but our Ollie's Bargain Outlet had the authentic game ready Rawlings Cool Flo MLB batting helmets today for the Phillies and Rangers. They were 69.99 each. The decals on them were heavy duty vinyl, similar to stickers you put on your car window. YMMV per your local Ollie's. I wish I would have had my phone with me or I would have taken pictures. The sales clerk said that they are supposed to be getting some of the Reebok NFL gear after the season, he didn't know any other details.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

Isn't all they're doing just getting rid of the pinstripes? I'm thinking of the uniform Larry Walker wore during the All Star Game but with "Colorado" instead of "Rockies" as the wordmark.

I think so but you know how sometime team can suprised the fan like using the mountain as the cap logo instead of the CR!

I think so but you know how sometime team can suprised the fan like using the mountain as the cap logo instead of the CR!

I think it's a safe bet that that's, thankfully, not happening.

In January. There was a tweet from an official team source a week or two back.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think it's a safe bet that that's, thankfully, not happening.

Good to know only the Padres & Twins did a good job with road pinstripe:

Correct. They will be revealed at the season ticket holders' RockiesFest on 1/21.

This popped up on a Rockies blog. The piping is the wrong color, so this is probably a replica mock-up rather than an official image, but it more or less confirms what we've been expecting - no more pinstripes, and a look very similar to the pre-2000 road jersey, only with "COLORADO" instead of "ROCKIES". If it is similar to the pre-2000 jersey, then that will mean a purple NOB and numbers, and will likely also feature numbers on the front in line with the rest of the team's post-2000 jerseys.

ivU96.jpg

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Correct. They will be revealed at the season ticket holders' RockiesFest on 1/21.

This popped up on a Rockies blog. The piping is the wrong color, so this is probably a replica mock-up rather than an official image, but it more or less confirms what we've been expecting - no more pinstripes, and a look very similar to the pre-2000 road jersey, only with "COLORADO" instead of "ROCKIES". If it is similar to the pre-2000 jersey, then that will mean a purple NOB and numbers, and will likely also feature numbers on the front in line with the rest of the team's post-2000 jerseys.

ivU96.jpg

That appearing on a blog confirms nothing. Only someone who as actually seen the official files can "confirm" it.

Archived