2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's infinitely dumb to add a patch to your road jersey commemerating your home stadium.

The Red Sox also did it in 1987 for the 75th anniversary. I guess they are just following the precedent set earlier.

IMAGES REDACTED

The Mets did it in 2004 for Shea's 40th...

KazMatsui1973.jpg

But for it's final season in 2008, home only.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I love the patch that the Sox chose. However if they're going to have a patch on a hat and a patch on a jersey, I think, because of the shape of it, that would look great on the back of a cap where the MLB logo-man usually is. If they want to use the other Fenway Park 100 years logo as a patch too, that would probably look better on the jerseys.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Angels will have new sleeve patches, Angels "A" logo on left sleeve and circular Angels logo that they wore a couple seasons ago on the right sleeve.

Sounds awful.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Angels will have new sleeve patches, Angels "A" logo on left sleeve and circular Angels logo that they wore a couple seasons ago on the right sleeve.

I thought the Nats had too many W's on their unis.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Angels could really benefit from adding a logo to the hip of the pants, like on the Cubs' road uniforms, and logos on the stirrups/socks. Hey, thaey've taken it into overkill territory already. Might as well try to one-up the Carolina Panthers at this point.

Also, is the Stupid Angels Roundel still using Stupid Arial for its text?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Is the Stupid Angels Roundel still using Stupid Arial for its text?

Nope. It looks much better this time around.

- - - - -

Here's a funny sighting from the Buehrle press conference. The 6 on the back of his uniform is actually an upside-down 9.

ScreenShot2011-12-13at032945AM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

- - - - -

Here's a funny sighting from the Buehrle press conference. The 6 on the back of his uniform is actually an upside-down 9.

good eye

i wouldnt have noticed

this is from colorwerx

MiamiMarlins_UBN2a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

- - - - -

is it? or is it ever so different?

this is from colorwerx

Yeah, that's not a 6

Go A's!

- - - - -

is it? or is it ever so different?

this is from colorwerx

Yeah, that's not a 6

It's not a drop shadow if it's above the number, hence it being an upside down nine.

patriotssignature.png

MLB 12 The Show screenshots showing the 2012 version of the always-changing Angels uniforms (note the patches):

Yeah the revolving door of sleeve-patch arrangements needs to stop. (Preferably just nix the whole thing)

The one that's the most unnecessary is the "A" logo patch. You already have it in the already used roundel on the one arm (which I didn't like when they put on the jersey in the first place), then on the jersey, and the hat. It makes it worse that the "A" patch is on the right sleeve where it's right next to the "A" in "Angels"

If you have to have a sleeve patch, choose the roundel. At least it's a slightly different element than the others that are already in the uniform. Go back to the championship look and drop both patches.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived