2012 MLB & Logo Changes

marlinfan

the Jerseys are frickin spot on PERFECT :)

but of course the black jersey stills lives

Mets-2012-Black-Jersey.png

i never found it terrible but they just over used it and its time is done, bring on the blue alt in 2013!!!

I find it oddthat the black still has the Mets logo on the sleeve and the 'Snow' and Aways dont... unless thats a photoshop error

True2OB.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that likes the combination of black, blue, and orange for the Mets?

When I think if New York I think of night life. I feel like the Mets black accents and black shirts have really brought that feel into play. I've always liked black for them.

...about the only thing about the Mets I will ever like. I dunno, that's just me.

Am I the only one that likes the combination of black, blue, and orange for the Mets?

When I think if New York I think of night life. I feel like the Mets black accents and black shirts have really brought that feel into play. I've always liked black for them.

...about the only thing about the Mets I will ever like. I dunno, that's just me.

I'm with you here. There is a card framed on my wall in my bedroom at home that captures the Mets' identity for me:

olerud.jpg

Notice the black/blue helmet paired with the black jersey. The blue undershirt adds so much. I wish the Mets would have matched the white outline from the jersey lettering on the cap logo and then worn that combo like so:

MetsAlt3.png

However, the Mets ended up overdoing the black and it was never as good as it could have been.

I'm with you here. There is a card framed on my wall in my bedroom at home that captures the Mets' identity for me:

olerud.jpg

Notice the black/blue helmet paired with the black jersey. The blue undershirt adds so much. I wish the Mets would have matched the white outline from the jersey lettering on the cap logo and then worn that combo like so:

MetsAlt3.png

However, the Mets ended up overdoing the black and it was never as good as it could have been.

Although I'm happy to see the black go by the wayside I did like the combination shown when it came out. The key difference though was that when you paired the black jersey with blue sleeves and socks and the blue billed cap there was still enough blue there to balance it out. Once they went with black socks and sleeves and the all black cap I think you're making black a primary color rather than an alternate one. I also agree with your idea about making the cap logo on that cap three colors to match the jersey. If you're going to have that it might as well be consistent.

mets.png

November 15-16, Milwaukee.

A fitting setting to events considering its the site of the last franchise to switch leagues. The Astros will be the next, with a sale to Jim Crane to be officially approved then. For $50 million, he will agree to move the Astros to the AL West, balancing both leagues and setting up year round inter-league play. All of this would take effect in 2013.

You may ask why is this posted here?!?

Cause for a new league, I'm hearing that won't be the only change for the Astros. New league, New era (youth movement), New look.

New Astros managing partner Jim Crane now subtly hinting at new logo & uniform changes I posted about last week.

However, Crane said he intended to go to work immediately. He?s considering overhauling the club?s baseball operations staff and said he?ll reach out to fans for feedback on such things as uniforms, logos and the like.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/17/jim-crane-officially-approved-as-astros-new-owner-move-to-al-will-be-official-soon/

Also note, 2013 is not just a new league, (AL West) or a new look for the Astros, it's also the year the team's new CSN TV network debuts as well. BIG changes in 2013.

NYCdog.png

November 15-16, Milwaukee.

A fitting setting to events considering its the site of the last franchise to switch leagues. The Astros will be the next, with a sale to Jim Crane to be officially approved then. For $50 million, he will agree to move the Astros to the AL West, balancing both leagues and setting up year round inter-league play. All of this would take effect in 2013.

You may ask why is this posted here?!?

Cause for a new league, I'm hearing that won't be the only change for the Astros. New league, New era (youth movement), New look.

New Astros managing partner Jim Crane now subtly hinting at new logo & uniform changes I posted about last week.

However, Crane said he intended to go to work immediately. He?s considering overhauling the club?s baseball operations staff and said he?ll reach out to fans for feedback on such things as uniforms, logos and the like.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/17/jim-crane-officially-approved-as-astros-new-owner-move-to-al-will-be-official-soon/

Also note, 2013 is not just a new league, (AL West) or a new look for the Astros, it's also the year the team's new CSN TV network debuts as well. BIG changes in 2013.

I saw the press conference. He said it's something they'll consider. He didn't say they were doing it or that they were even likely to. He's got a lot of PO'ed people in Houston (over the league switch), so he has to be as fan-friendly as possible. If that means opening up discussions on the uniforms, that's a possibility. Before the sale was approved, two sources said he likes the current set and had no intention of changing it. But if he has to go back to navy/orange, so be it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

blue jays and mets win awards for best redesign of the offseason, hands down! o cant wait to see these two in action. what i cant wait for is to see how the new wild cards play effect this season, and espcially in 2013 when the astros switch leagues, which honestly isnt a big deal if theres interleague daily, the astros will still play all the national league teams as always. it will be cool to see the mets playing some american league tems we never get to see or in cities they havent played in such as cleveland or tornoto

Mets, Jets, Islanders

The Mets and Blue Jays now have two of my favorite road jerseys in baseball, along with the White Sox, Mariners, and A's. After years of dark colors and BFBS finally teams are returning to their roots and cleaning up their terrible, over-modernized identities (except for the Marlins, ugh). I hope the Reds and Astros follow suit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

So, are there any more logo changes this offseason?

No, but we have the Braves' alternate and according to Showtime029 a mystery team who will be adding a white-panelled cap this offseason.

I think the Diamondbacks have a new primary logo. Could just be a tweak, we'll see. Also I saw that the Indians are making changes, I don't know how big.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

So, are there any more logo changes this offseason?

No, but we have the Braves' alternate and according to Showtime029 a mystery team who will be adding a white-panelled cap this offseason.

I think the Diamondbacks have a new primary logo. Could just be a tweak, we'll see. Also I saw that the Indians are making changes, I don't know how big.

Someones already shot down the suspected block-for-script swap.

Archived