Purple and Gray Striped Football Field

LetsGoOakland9

This is simply horrible. Enough said.

I not sure if the idea itself is that bad, but the execution was lacking. Of course, when your a school like UCA, how else are you going to get recognized?

Hire the best coaches possible, recruit as well as you can, and play good football?

Easier said then done.

Wait, seriously, why is that easier said than done? I said hire the best coaches possible... not "hire Nick Saban", just the best THEY could possibly hire. I would assume that's what every team is trying to do. Next, recruit as well as you can... again, shouldn't they be doing that now? And play good football... why is that easier said than done? Are they now setting out to play average football?

What does a silly looking field have to do with any of the above?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it will look as bad as West Hills High School in California. I think it actually think the purple looks neat. Even though everyone seems to disagree with it :P

Here's West Hills

Football-Field.jpg

I see the Double Blue with a Logo in a circle trend worked it's way into football. :P

I not sure if the idea itself is that bad, but the execution was lacking. Of course, when your a school like UCA, how else are you going to get recognized?

Hire the best coaches possible, recruit as well as you can, and play good football?

Easier said then done.

Wait, seriously, why is that easier said than done? I said hire the best coaches possible... not "hire Nick Saban", just the best THEY could possibly hire. I would assume that's what every team is trying to do. Next, recruit as well as you can... again, shouldn't they be doing that now? And play good football... why is that easier said than done? Are they now setting out to play average football?

everyone tries to be good, but that doesn't guarantee success. Whether you agree with it or not, colored fields increase home field advantage.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Easier said then done.

everyone tries to be good, but that doesn't guarantee success. Whether you agree with it or not, colored fields increase home field advantage.

And whether you agree with it or not, there's no way you can say for certain that's anything more than your opinion. You can probably say that Boise's field in particular has helped them, but that's more for a unique attitude and crowd spirit... all mostly having to do with their being the only/first team to do it. All these other schools will just be pathetically imitating them, and there's no atitude or spirit in that. If you're claiming that there is some quantifiable, competetive, on field advantage, I say B.S. Prove it.

Easier said then done.

And whether you agree with it or not, there's no way you can say for certain that's anything more than your opinion. You can probably say that Boise's field in particular has helped them, but that's more for a unique attitude and crowd spirit... all mostly having to do with their being the only/first team to do it. All these other schools will just be pathetically imitating them, and there's no atitude or spirit in that. If you're claiming that there is some quantifiable, competetive, on field advantage, I say B.S. Prove it.

Eastern Washington. install colored turf, win national title.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Uh, did you consider that Eastern Washington probably just had a great team last season?

Yes, but having a blood red field probably distracted some of its opponents. It would distract me.

But that's just conjecture.

Aren't most of the opinions here?

Easier said then done.

Eastern Washington. install colored turf, win national title.

Yeah, and when I wear a certain pair of socks, my favorite team never loses.

A and B happened at the same time. Therefore A caused B. Any high school freshman in a debate club can tell you that arguement doesn't work.

Except the color of the field actually effects the game. Colored fields are distracting.

To answer Lights Out, they practice on it and get used to it.

On a separate note, check this out.

utsa-orange-football-field_bucte.jpgnewfield.jpgmail.google.com_.jpg

Media photo for legitimacy

video_140.png

EDIT: This was a concept that the university created when the motion was out that they wanted an orange field. They wanted to do it but eventually coach Cooker convinced them that it would and unfair advantage, and that he is more of a traditionalist. Fake photos, real idea.

So? Their opponents can do what Oregon State did last season and paint their practice field, if they so desire.

Good point. I'm not sure it would be the same. it sure didn't help Oregon State.

But that's just conjecture.

Aren't most of the opinions here?

So you admit that this "coloured fields help the home team" stuff is just an opinion and not fact.

Yep. There is no way you can measure that. It's an opinion based off what I know and what I've seen.

So? Their opponents can do what Oregon State did last season and paint their practice field, if they so desire.

Good point. I'm not sure it would be the same. it sure didn't help Oregon State.

What didn't help Oregon State was that they insisted on playing dirty and trying to pick fights with Boise State, and the Rodgers brothers being a non-factor hurt them as well. The turf had nothing to do with it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

You know, the more I see it, the more I think that what UCA is doing is awesome.

I mean, they want to be known for something other then being the alma mater to Scottie Pippen, right?

Archived