2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

He'll be traded to Florida for Stephen Weiss before he ever puts on an Indian head. Guy's an idiot.

Is Jeremy Morin healthy yet? He's also better than John Scott. Have you seen much of Brandon Pirri? Me neither. Bet he's still better than John Scott.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1ST ROUND

Washington over New York

Tampa Bay over Pittsburgh

Montreal over Boston

Buffalo over Philadelphia

Vancouver over Chicago

Nashville over Anaheim

San Jose over Los Angeles

Detroit over Phoenix

2ND ROUND

Washington over Tampa Bay

Buffalo over Montreal

Vancouver over Chicago

Detroit over San Jose

CONFERENCE FINALS

Buffalo over Washington

Detroit over Vancouver

STANLEY CUP

Buffalo over Detroit

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Problem there with your predictions bucko, Caps would play Buffalo in the 2nd rd if both were to advance.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Now that we spent an afternoon talking crap about him, John Scott's going to do a really good Dustin Byfuglien impression and make us all look stupid because hockey makes no sense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

John Scott is the personification of the difference between regular-season hockey and playoff hockey. In the 82-game slog, you kinda need a cementhead who can affect momentum and offer protection and/or retribution in his 1:38 of ice time. When it's playoff time, it's more a case of WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING OUT THERE. John Scott benefits the Hawks if he can goad Luongo into fisticuffs through a series of ethnic slurs Fernando Pisani will have written on his sleeve for him.

I thought the line on Scott for the second half of the season was that he was simply too big, and no one else even wanted to bother with fighting him unless they were seeking a rematch from earlier in the year. Teams were content to let him be what he is with his gloves on - bad at hockey. If no one on Vancouver takes the bait tonight, I expect Scott to pull a Bertuzzi on Jonathan Toews late in the third, just so he doesn't feel his opportunity was wasted.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Blackhawks are gonna just give up, they should let Garnet Exelby play. At least go down in style...

Would be a nice bit of nostalgia from the days when the Wolves outdrew the Hawks on weekends.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A good first period, but the same discouraging crap is still lingering. Nobody knows how to pass anymore, everyone is apparently drunk or blind. Edler has got to be one of the most frustrating players to deal with in recent history, annoying bitch is single handedly disrupting any sort of establishment of an offensive attack.

Kane should've gotten that second-effort in on the rebound, absolutely inexcusable to be so hesitant on the 5-on-3. They wasted about 40 seconds loitering the puck around the blue line instead of cracking shots off, whether there was a lane or not they need to push the puck deep, not cherry pick their shots.

Scott's been ok I guess, making some hits out there but I was not sure why the hell he was out on the power play. Campbell's having an awful game, Frolik looking crappy too.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Christian Ehrhoff kisses his stick after he scores. After assists, he tells it he just wants to be friends.

edit 1: And just like that, it's 2-1 after Crawford does his best LOLWUTPEAR with the twins bearing down.

edit 2: No idea if Ehrhoff kissed Edler's stick or not on that.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

John Scott, dumb penalty. 5 seconds later, Canucks goal. If I were in the UC right now, I'd be passing the hat for one way bus fare to Rockford in the 2nd intermission.

As I typed this, the second goal went in. John Scott: Game Changer.

Archived