2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I figured everyone was plugged into the same feed. You know how sometimes there's a glitch and the digits of the on-screen game clock revert to vane displays (this probably happens a lot on Versus because Versus is run entirely by intern/monkey hybrids)? I figured that was somehow connected to the fact that all the clocks were somehow connected.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the Canucks take the series at home just so we can hear Chelsea dagger during the handshake

Would that take away the pain of losing two years in a row to the Hawks? Because even if that happens, the Hawks still won the Cup last year and Luongo is still a bitch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

34.6 Television - The Game Timekeeper is required to synchronize his timing device with the television producer of the originating broadcast.

That doesn't mean that there can't be glitches or a slight delay from timekeeper to broadcast truck.

The section for officials is full of fun rules like this.

Anyone see the Rangers disallowed goal at the end of the 2nd? So NBC and the official game clock differ? I never knew that, I thought they were hooked together.

Think I read somewhere that pretty much every game clock you see on TV for any sport that uses a clock (and in the stadium, for that matter) is unofficial. The only one that's official is the one that's run by the timekeeper at the arena. I was kinda weirded out when I found that out, too.

Yeah I always had heard announcers on TV saying things like "remember our clock is not official", but I've never seen it actually come into play until yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yotes don't start pulling out the cardboard boxes and packing peanuts in the second intermission. Wow. Sad Really.

Ladies and Gents, your 2011-2012 Winnipeg Jets!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Exactly Eric Belanger that said he'd rather go to Quebec for obvious reasons I also highly doubt that Bryz will resign if they do end up going to Winnipeg in the end. Don Maloney will be a very busy man this summer.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Rule 48. And this is directly from Colin Campbell, "Rule 48 protects those who have just passed the puck, not all hits to the head. There are hits to the head that are LEGAL." So this is the league that has it's top player out since the beginning of the year due to a shot to the head, and the rules still allow hits to the head?! Donald Fehr and the players union need to tell Bettman that they will strike until hits to the head are banned and Colin Campbell is fired. That's just ridiculous that shots to the head are legal and Campbell defends it. It was on NHL Network today and I was just floored to hear Colin Cambell say that!

Archived