2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Torres hit was BS. I don't know how Seabrook got up, but that should've been a game misconduct on that piece of crap. Enjoy your suspension, you tool.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Shouldve been dragged off the bench by the trainer after the first hit. If Torres's last name was Gillies he is thrown out and handed 20 games.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That's the problem; Seabrook got up. If he had taken a play out of the Italian World Cup Handbook and laid there, it's a fiver. But since he decided to tough it out and then realized "oh geez, whoopsie, where are my slippers and pudding" a shift later, it's a two, and likely a two-game suspension for repeat offense, which will amount to the duration of this series barring a significant reversal of fortune.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Dallas should've been in this series, Not chicago. The blackhawks have wasted everyone's time with their terrible attempt at playoff hockey against a legit stacked team.

Last year was great, but it looks like without a boatload of stars around them, Toews and Kane are somewhat easy to put a hold on when it counts. Hossa is showing his age and looks spent.

Enjoy round 2 vancouver, I'm sure the blackhawks will kindly bend over and take their reaming in a couple days to complete the 4-game-warmup for your roster.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not that you've gone over the ledge or anything.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Man, Torres, what the hell. But then again, no suspension to Abelkader for his hit on Seabrook, so I guess we wait for the Wheel of Justice. Or the Canucks just scratch Torres and put Cody back in.

The Hawks look mentally beaten though, Kane looked about ready to curl up into a fetal position in his post game interview.

Every town needs their own TrueYankee or CameronCrazie.

He's a Cubs fan, too. You think he'd be used to this kind of thing. god knows I am.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

He's a Cubs fan, too. You think he'd be used to this kind of thing. god knows I am.

Especially with the Bears in the same town as well.

CCSLC signature.png

Don't think I'm alone in this assessment (and folks will gladly point to the 2010 Flyers to dispute this), but you had to get the feeling that the Blackhawks couldn't lose Game 3 if they had any serious thoughts about winning the series. Granted, it's only been 3 games, but this Canucks team looks so different from the teams they've had the last couple years, and I've watched more Canucks games than any other team in the NHL (besides the Thrashers).

I'm not sure there's a team that can seriously stop the Canucks from winning the Cup. Detroit maybe, and Nashville can give them some fits, but other than that...no one, at least at this point. Thought San Jose could, but they haven't looked all that impressive against the Kings.

I can't argue that I'm not a complete buffoon, but I die a thousand deaths when watching my teams dissolve in the postseason. I'm broken that way. Maybe I should drink more.

twitter

I can't argue that I'm not a complete buffoon, but I die a thousand deaths when watching my teams dissolve in the postseason. I'm broken that way. Maybe I should drink more.

Or learn perspective.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So apparently Rule 48 allows for additional violence and conduct to take place BEHIND THE GOAL LINES that wouldn't ordinarily be allowed. Expect Colin Campbell to hand down a decision of "Boys Will Be Boys."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Anyone see the Rangers disallowed goal at the end of the 2nd? So NBC and the official game clock differ? I never knew that, I thought they were hooked together.

Think I read somewhere that pretty much every game clock you see on TV for any sport that uses a clock (and in the stadium, for that matter) is unofficial. The only one that's official is the one that's run by the timekeeper at the arena. I was kinda weirded out when I found that out, too.

Archived