2011 NHL Playoffs

NEW.ERA

the if necessary Stanley cup final game 7 falls on my birthday. for the love of god please go to 7 games!!!!

That's dumb. Root for a sweep or 5 games and there's a good chance you'll get the parade on your birthday. You'll be celebratory, won't be nervous about whether your birthday might be forever ruined, and you can make the awful joke, "hey look a parade for me cuz it's mah birfday".

the reason why i would love to have it go to game 7 is because my best friend is a season ticket holder and knowing him, there is the likely chance that i would be able to go to the game. we're already planning on going to game 2 of the finals.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry. wasn't applauding them taking the signs down or the death threats. merely applauding the tampa fans for their show of support at the airport.

then, yes i thought it was funny watching the pissed off players (mostly bruins but, as OMMF correctly corrected me, both teams) barking at each other getting hit by plastic clappers.

thanks for flying off the deep-end though!

Okay great, it's fine, that just wasn't clear at all to me from either of your posts.

the if necessary Stanley cup final game 7 falls on my birthday. for the love of god please go to 7 games!!!!

That's dumb. Root for a sweep or 5 games and there's a good chance you'll get the parade on your birthday. You'll be celebratory, won't be nervous about whether your birthday might be forever ruined, and you can make the awful joke, "hey look a parade for me cuz it's mah birfday".

the reason why i would love to have it go to game 7 is because my best friend is a season ticket holder and knowing him, there is the likely chance that i would be able to go to the game. we're already planning on going to game 2 of the finals.

You're 18, so I assuming your friend is around the same age, correct? If so, I would imagine that he doesn't own the tickets, his parents do, am I right? So if I'm correct about the first two points I would have a hard believing your friends Dad/Mom would give up their game 7 ticket of the Stanley cup final to let his sons BFF attend the game. That's pretty much throwing away money IMO.

Christ! The Bruins can be a maddening lot!

Enough with the too-cutesy-by-far tendency to look for the "artistic" goal, rather than just putting a shot on net. How about just firing one towards the goal-mouth and having a couple of teammates crash the crease looking to pounce on the damned rebound? And, as much as I love his overall game, enough with Tim Thomas' propensity this post-season for giving up the soft goal early in a game/period. I'm sick of this team having to dig itself out of a hole just to pull even.

I imagine you wearing a monocle, spats and gloves while typing this post.

Don't be ridiculous, dear boy! Typing a post? Myself? That's the task I employ my amanuensis, Godfrey, to engage in.

Now, if you'd be so kind, please excuse me while I retire to the conservatory to gather my thoughts regarding the current state of affairs in the American League East.

I'm going to be in Vancouver next week, and Game 1 should be on Wednesday... too bad I don't have the scratch to buy a ticket in my vacation budget. Maybe I'll have to be VERY nice to my wife for the next few days...

You're 18, so I assuming your friend is around the same age, correct? If so, I would imagine that he doesn't own the tickets, his parents do, am I right? So if I'm correct about the first two points I would have a hard believing your friends Dad/Mom would give up their game 7 ticket of the Stanley cup final to let his sons BFF attend the game. That's pretty much throwing away money IMO.

For one I'm turning 17 on the 15th. And second, his parents literally don't give two :censored:s about hockey. I'm serious, they spoil him to death. What they do is sell half their season tickets on craigslist (marked up to hell) to break even, and give him the rest so he can go with his friends. I'm not kidding.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

For one I'm turning 17 on the 15th. And second, his parents literally don't give two :censored:s about hockey. I'm serious, they spoil him to death. What they do is sell half their season tickets on craigslist (marked up to hell) to break even, and give him the rest so he can go with his friends. I'm not kidding.

Sounds like a pretty smart thing for the parents to do if they don't like hockey. And don't wish it takes your teams more games than it has to for them to win. If it happens at home or on the road, it doesn't matter. It's the Stanley Cup!

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The entire tenor of all things Vancouver Canucks, from the fans to the players to the coach to the GM, seems to be "how come nobody's bought me an X-Box yet?"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The entire tenor of all things Vancouver Canucks, from the fans to the players to the coach to the GM, seems to be "how come nobody's bought me ANOTHER X-Box yet?"

Fixed!

There's definitely a sense of entitlement with a lot of the younger fans out here, which is in direct conflict with the "oh, :censored:, everything sucks" sensibilities of the long-sufferers. It's difficult to get a happy medium in this market.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Even if I myself had tickets to game 7 there's no way in hell I'd root for the series to go to 7 games. That's selfish and silly.

You sound like Marge schott who in 1990 was pissed that her Reds swept the A's because she lost the revenue from games 6 and 7 being unnecessary. Just be happy they're this far. My team has never won a playoff game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Even if I myself had tickets to game 7 there's no way in hell I'd root for the series to go to 7 games. That's selfish and silly.

You sound like Marge schott who in 1990 was pissed that her Reds swept the A's because she lost the revenue from games 6 and 7 being unnecessary. Just be happy they're this far. My team has never won a playoff game.

I wanted the Canucks-Predators series to go six games, because we had tickets for Game 6.....

Archived