Raiders

robbman21

hey robbman, i know everybody's said the same things to you, but i wanted to throw a word in too. i loved the alternate universe nfl thread when i saw it a while back. i didnt always read the complete history (im pretty ADD), but i liked how you worked all the concepts out. ive seen people do recolors and team swaps before but you added an originality to them that isnt always present and you spent a lot of time making them look clean and nice. i did take the time to read your story and i can i definitely felt for you and saw where you were coming from. you were right about this being a happy place, i mean it has community right in the title. ive always kind of felt that way too. so im glad to hear things are looking up, im very excited about the nfc, the falcons especially. i notice from your signature that you are a falcons fan as well, thats good to see. hope things continue to go well for you and i very much anticipate seeing your work return to the front page again soon.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized that because someone linked the original thread in this topic, it's been saved from extinction from the Graveyard autodelete.

Simply put, Robbman's work is still here, and the trolls are gone. All he has to do is repost it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Which I will, once everything is to the point it can be posted. Just because I don't have an active thread going on it doesn't mean that I'm not working on it. You guys have to remember that I tried really hard to keep the original thread's ideas current, meaning that if a team pulled out a surprise alt then I had to hustle to get it included in the alternate universe, and this is no different. We've had an entire season of NFL played since that thread was active, a season that brought us new Bills uniforms, the Broncos wearing their monochromes more in one season than they had in their previous history, and other things that all would have to be updated...that's not even to mention the Nike elephant in the room that would throw a MASSIVE kink in the entire thread anyway. Just be patient folks...that's all I've asked for from the very beginning. I've had this stirring in my head for four years now and I want to see it completed just as much if not more than everyone here does, but to revamp it and bring it back and to do it right is gonna take a little bit of time...but it's coming. Stay tuned...

98Falcons.png

I don't envy the work you have to put into this really, because I understand how much a labor of love this must me. I'll just be glad to see a revival of the series once it finally comes around. Like I said before, it was this series that provoked me into joining these forums. :D

8VvwoNps.png

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is that those who've been hanging on and waiting patiently don't have to wait much longer AT ALL...and I'll say that rather than a simple reposting, you'll be getting...well...stay tuned...

98Falcons.png

All I can say is that those who've been hanging on and waiting patiently don't have to wait much longer AT ALL...and I'll say that rather than a simple reposting, you'll be getting...well...stay tuned...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I love your MLB series and I had no idea you did an NFL one. I will now spend the day reading the old thread.

Could we possibly see a return of the backstories? Those were almost as good as the actual concepts.

When it comes back shortly...it's coming ALL the way back =)

98Falcons.png

• 2 months later...

The Comeback Player of the Year is...

"An Alternate Universe's NFL"

We can all thank NIKE for finally doing their big reveal and giving me the greenlight that I needed. The Indianapolis Colts are now on the clock.

98Falcons.png

Archived