Raiders

robbman21

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the good words friends. Once again, it's all very much appreciated.

I was in the middle of starting on this concept when things got out of control with the thread that WAS my heart and soul for the past three-plus years. It sat in unfinished limbo while I waited to see how things were going to get sorted out with the original thread. While that was going on, on March 20th a close friend and drummer for my band committed suicide, over a girl that I was dating less than a year ago. On March 28th, my best friend of 24 years went to the ER with an infection in his left foot, and two days later was diagosed with Stage IV cancer. After those two events, working on these ideas didn't seem all that important anymore. And then just a few days ago, I came back to check and see the state of my original thread, only to find that it had been graveyarded. I saw that while other members were calling for it to be sent to the graveyard, I got no final say-so in it...no send-off to say I'd return with a cleaned-up thread...no way to make any kind of peace...nothing. Other members who had nothing to do with any of these ideas and the work I put into them over the past few years decided the fate of my thread for me...and so I almost feel that all of that work went for absoultely nothing.

Last night I sat down with the intention to make myself finish the Raiders, the final team in the AFC, but my heart was completely not in it...like I was going through the motions the whole time. Honestly, had the concept not been mostly finished save for the helmet logo and alternate versions, I probably couldn't have finished it...there was just no more passion in it for me anymore...and honestly, how could there be? That's why there's no back story and no action players and no explanation of my thoughts that went into it...it's the Raiders done on the Jets template...period. It shouldn't have gone down like this...but it is what it is. When compared to the grief of two families I'm very close with, my whole "grand concept thread" seems rather insignificant.

I'm not ready to say that this will be the last one that I do, but the experience of seeing my hard work and effort go down the drain combined with what real life has given me has given me reason to step back for a bit. I would love nothing more than to do the NFC and have it once again right alongside the original AFC concepts that I did, but only time will tell if that will happen, but I'm not ruling it out just yet. I became a member here after a bad car accident 7 years ago, and coming here daily was a sort of therapy for me in a bizarre way while I was recovering and couldn't really interact with the outside world. Though I still have mental gaffs, I've been pretty-much on my feet again full-time for a few years now, but this place has remained a sort-of "happy place" that I can still come to when the real world gets to "heavy", and it's safe to say that my personal life has never been "heavier" than it is at this moment. So with that said I'll still be here in and out anyway...checking in on new concepts and logo news, but only time will tell if my heart gets back to where it was right about the time I was posting the first of the AFC West concepts. Thank you all so much for tuning in.

98Falcons.png

I was in the middle of starting on this concept when things got out of control with the thread that WAS my heart and soul for the past three-plus years. It sat in unfinished limbo while I waited to see how things were going to get sorted out with the original thread. While that was going on, on March 20th a close friend and drummer for my band committed suicide, over a girl that I was dating less than a year ago. On March 28th, my best friend of 24 years went to the ER with an infection in his left foot, and two days later was diagosed with Stage IV cancer. After those two events, working on these ideas didn't seem all that important anymore. And then just a few days ago, I came back to check and see the state of my original thread, only to find that it had been graveyarded. I saw that while other members were calling for it to be sent to the graveyard, I got no final say-so in it...no send-off to say I'd return with a cleaned-up thread...no way to make any kind of peace...nothing. Other members who had nothing to do with any of these ideas and the work I put into them over the past few years decided the fate of my thread for me...and so I almost feel that all of that work went for absoultely nothing.

Last night I sat down with the intention to make myself finish the Raiders, the final team in the AFC, but my heart was completely not in it...like I was going through the motions the whole time. Honestly, had the concept not been mostly finished save for the helmet logo and alternate versions, I probably couldn't have finished it...there was just no more passion in it for me anymore...and honestly, how could there be? That's why there's no back story and no action players and no explanation of my thoughts that went into it...it's the Raiders done on the Jets template...period. It shouldn't have gone down like this...but it is what it is. When compared to the grief of two families I'm very close with, my whole "grand concept thread" seems rather insignificant.

I'm not ready to say that this will be the last one that I do, but the experience of seeing my hard work and effort go down the drain combined with what real life has given me has given me reason to step back for a bit. I would love nothing more than to do the NFC and have it once again right alongside the original AFC concepts that I did, but only time will tell if that will happen, but I'm not ruling it out just yet. I became a member here after a bad car accident 7 years ago, and coming here daily was a sort of therapy for me in a bizarre way while I was recovering and couldn't really interact with the outside world. Though I still have mental gaffs, I've been pretty-much on my feet again full-time for a few years now, but this place has remained a sort-of "happy place" that I can still come to when the real world gets to "heavy", and it's safe to say that my personal life has never been "heavier" than it is at this moment. So with that said I'll still be here in and out anyway...checking in on new concepts and logo news, but only time will tell if my heart gets back to where it was right about the time I was posting the first of the AFC West concepts. Thank you all so much for tuning in.

This is straight from the heart. My God I feel sad now. I'm sorry to hear about your losses. Your concepts are surely appreciated and are top notch. Hope to see you making concepts again, but if you need time off, you take it. I'm sure all of CCSLC will accept that fact and support you. It takes courage and heart to come back from that kind of stuff. God Bless.

I feel so sorry for you robbman, it is always tough dealing with death. I know I haven't been here long, but this has been my favorite thread and series to check. I always loved to see what kind of great work you came up with next. I really hope you get your passion back and continue this because I think it could be one of the best series of all time.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

I feel utterly heartbroken for you right now. It's funny how certain events in our lives can change the way that we look at things. I hope that you and the families can get through this and move on.

On the topic of the concept I love it, I've always been a follower of the old thread but never really commented. It's really terrible what happened there but I hope you can continue it over here. Like others said, if you have to take time with this do it. We all would understand for sure.

Not a big commenter on the old thread also, but I love the series man. When I saw "Raiders" I just thought oh god... another haphazard Jaghee thing... then I opened it and saw Robbman21 and was like YESSS while sitting down to passover seder. Good stuff!

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Now I feel really bad and inconsiderate. Sorry about that, and I'm sorry for your losses. I think I speak for everyone when i say our thoughts are with you.

That being said, I've always loved your concepts, and i definitely think that you should create a new thread with comments disabled, where you can post all of your previous concepts, and, if and when you continue, your new concepts. That would get rid of the problems from the previous thread. I also hope you continue the MLB thread...

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

Not a big commenter on the old thread also, but I love the series man. When I saw "Raiders" I just thought oh god... another haphazard Jaghee thing... then I opened it and saw Robbman21 and was like YESSS while sitting down to passover seder. Good stuff!

Hey, I keep all my concepts to my one thread, maybe another for full teams

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Great Work Robbman in which the Oakland Raiders steal their concept of the New York Jets, how about the San Francisco 49ers steal their concept of the Miami Dolphins?

In case you didn't know, he's doing the entire NFL and has been doing this concept for the last couple years. The previous thread, which had a whole history is in the Graveyard now because of trolling. But if you want to see all the other concepts, look there. I'm not sure if the 49ers or Dolphins has been used yet.

potd 10/20/12

It truly is sad the way the old thread had to go but I feel that it is important to tell you that I truly did enjoy that thread. I thoroughly read and enjoyed every back story and spent a long time looking at each concept. The best part was when I thought I had spotted every little thing and then I realized some sort of subtle thing you did to make it completely accurate. I loved that.

So I guess all I am saying is that your work didn?t go unnoticed even though it may have seemed like it. If you write a back story for the raiders I will read it, if you make more concepts and finish the series I will greatly enjoy looking at them.

You?re going through a lot man, hang in there and if you ever feel like having another go at it me and plenty more loyal CCSLC members will appreciate your work.

• 2 months later...

adding my own two cents......

Robbman, I share in your losses, but I am glad to know that you

have not completely abandoned this project....

To tell the truth - just for completeness, I am working on the alternate

history for the Raiders, granted it's not yours but at the very least to

end this chapter of the Alternate universe properly. i should have it by

the end of the week or so.

21 comments since 2006???? WOAH

potd 10/20/12

21 comments since 2006???? WOAH

What can I say,.......

I only felt a reason to speak if it was absolutely necessary,.... :rolleyes:

Hopefully, you'll return someday when you're feeling better. I know I've been in a situation similar to that, not identical, but it was very tough. I really do like what you did with the Raiders, and hopefully you find some small measure of peace, away from these boards.

Archived