Organization Logo

-kj

I'm working on a new organizational logo for TCGHA. We've used a rainbow-coloured logo in the past, but we're looking to narrow the colours down to a more reasonable palette. Since the Aurora (which I'm sure y'all've seen before) was our first team, we're considering using that colour set, and try and tie the organization together with the shooting star from the Aurora logo. More teams will be coming, and each will have their own logo and potentially different colour sets, but we're thinking of using the star as a unifying concept.

Curent logo:

tcgha-logo.gif

Anyway, enough background information. This is what I've come up with at the moment. There are two basic ideas, which I'll show here, and some variations in this web directory.

new-tcgha-sm1.png

new-tcgha-sm2.png

The buildings depicted are:

- IDS Tower, downtown Minneapolis (with the two antennas on top)

- USBank Center, downtown Minneapolis (with the rouded roof protusion)

- Minnesota State Capitol Building, St. Paul (should be obvious)

- First National Bank Building, downtown St. Paul (again, obvious)

Any thoughts, compliments, criticisms, suggestions, etc, are welcome. The flame department, however, is down the hall. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im gonna assume that as you play in this league u are gay- and i have no problem with that. I'm just curious with a few things. 1. Is it pollitically correct to use the word gay there. And 2. If you guys want to really be unique and yourselves and reflect homosexuality, maybe a more feminine color would work instead of all that blue in the second logo. I like the second logo better cause the red line sticks out more and ive never seen the red line used in a logo before.

signature.gif

If you guys want to really be unique and yourselves and reflect homosexuality, maybe a more feminine color would work instead of all that blue in the second logo.

im sorry but that made me laugh... not gay by any means (not that there is anything wrong with it lol ahhh seinfeld) but gave me a chuckle... i like the idea Mockba... but i dunno... its seems really busy.. most league logos are very simple and stylized... both have alot of detail, they look good but for a league logo, they just seem busy... also im not sure if you are trying to emphasize the word gay but being on its own on the other side of the line really makes it seem like its floating on its own

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I think you have a good idea goin here Mok.

I would say that you should think about superimposing the river and the red line, or maybe using the Blue line, for obvious reasons.

The USBank and IDS renders are flippin awesome, I think the St. Paul one has some shape issues, but otherwise rendered nicely. Id say get the STPAUL building in there, but i think 1st national and the cap is a nice choice. The cathedral is another thought, but i just realized im catholic, and you may not be, so maybe not.

But good good start, love to see anything local. Good to see the cities are as diverse as i thought they were.

Good goin Broham

And the feminine color thing im sure was meant in all respect, but is a hasty generalization. Just because you are gay, doesnt mean you are inherently feminine, at least i dont think it does. Im sure Mok could cover that. But i know i wouldent call any 6'4 hockey player feminine...to his face anyways.

On that note, Todd Bertuzzi is feminine :P

On that note, Todd Bertuzzi is feminine :P

:lol:

Not bad logos you have there. Hey, anyone could mistaken gay for people that are really happy or an acronym G.A.Y. There's a company with the acronym F.A.G. (I'm not joking)

I really didn't know, Mockba, that you were gay. Well, I guess you won't be posting any Babe of the Week photos anytime soon. :D (I never did check, just assuming) I thought maybe you would put the rainbow colours for your logo like having one building blue, another orange, and another green etc. etc.

I saw, I came, I left.

i, too, think that the word 'gay' shouldn't be excluded from 'hockey association'....otherwise, solid solid work...i prefer the logo with the diagonal red line.

maybe some pink..... :D

Well done, Mockba...

I like it.. I think the completely vertical line plays better as the centerline, and speaks to hockey in a more clear way.

The buildings on the two you displayed, while awesomely rendered themselves, are both a touch awkward in positioning. I looked through the ones on the server and my favorite of these is new-tcgha2a3.png

Would it be possible to tuck the bottom half of the buildings under the outter circle, so they look like they come out of the circle? Also, i'd like to see the redline vertical, and the star coming from in front of the buildings, then over the redline.

This, I think is a great logo, and with the changes I have in my head, would make me happy.

Well done, Mockba. As always.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, it's not a league... yet. It's an association, maybe akin to kids' hockey associations. Multiple teams under their umbrella that play at different levels. That's where we're at right now.

I'm surprised a few of you missed my big coming out on the General D board a few months ago. ;)

Taj: The problem is, there aren't too many St. Paul bulidings that really stand out, except for the big neon "1st." And, do you know how hard it is to find pictures of downtown St. Paul online? TONS of pictures of downtown Minneapolis buildings, but not many of St. Paul. I could only find one reasonable picture of the 1st Nat Bank building, so that's what I based it off of. (If you can find some more, that'd be great. :) )

I thought of making the red line curved, resembling the river. I might still give that a go.

I considered the Cathedral, too, but two domed buildings was a bit much. And, I couldn't leave the Capitol building out.

"Gay" being singled out: Well, I didn't really mean to, I was just trying to find a way to balance the text out when putting it around the circle with the vertical red line (what I started with). I didn't really even think about it.

GMac: "But I'm a cheerleader!" (Sorry, couldn't resist. ;) If you haven't seen that movie, it's hilarious.)

Quad: As you can see, the original logo (which I created) used the rainbow colours. But, well, "it's all been done." It'd be nice to have a gay/lesbian organization logo that doesn't include them all. Plus, it'll be easier/cheaper to reproduce.

POTD 2013-08-22

good logo

I may be straying off topic a little here but its got me wondering...

I have a friend who worked at a Krispy Kreme in Union City for a couple of years. One of his co-workers was gay, and his favorite NHL team was the St Louis Blues. He did say he was originally from St Louis though, as you are

now my question, does St Louis have as large a gay population as San Francisco does? if so why isnt it publicized as much?

I mean no offense, but Im just tired of SF getting the "gay city" label because of one neighborhood in the city (the Castro district). Im sure every large city in america has a predominately gay neighborhood. I know Chicago does

Quad: As you can see, the original logo (which I created) used the rainbow colours. But, well, "it's all been done." It'd be nice to have a gay/lesbian organization logo that doesn't include them all. Plus, it'll be easier/cheaper to reproduce.

well it was worth a shot. I was going to suggest a triangle in there, with the verticies touching the circumference of the circle as a backdrop. Too stereotypical? :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

St. Louis is a somewhat conservative town, but it certainly has a reasonably large GLBT population. Minneapolis/St. Paul has a much larger, or at least much more visible, GLBT presence than the St. Louis area. Neither area has what is termed a "gay ghetto" like the Castro or Boystown (Chicago), though there are some "gayer" areas, like Uptown or Loring Park in Minneapolis, or the Central West End or Tower Grove areas in St. Louis. Those all tend to be the more hip/artsy areas of town, which makes for an interesting "chicken/egg" argument.

POTD 2013-08-22

well it was worth a shot. I was going to suggest a triangle in there, with the verticies touching the circumference of the circle as a backdrop. Too stereotypical? :therock:

Did you see the original logo? ^_^

It's two triangles interlocked, the bases being hockey sticks, to represent the two cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul.

I also want to be a little unique, as well, as compared to other gay hockey associations. New York City's has a prominent triangle, but not quite like you were saying:

nycgha_logo_top.gif

nycgha_logo_bottom.gif

(their website broke the logo into two pieces)

POTD 2013-08-22

Those all tend to be the more hip/artsy areas of town, which makes for an interesting "chicken/egg" argument.

Of course, if you're gay, the chicken and the egg argument is non existent ;)

I saw, I came, I left.

yeah I found out about boystown when I learned it was just a few blocks south of wrigleyville :wacko:

although Ive lived here all my life, I do admit Im slightly homophobic. Not to the point of "youre gay, you should die!" I just find it a little uh.....uncomfortable. as much as I do go to SF I dont go anywhere near the Castro. Maybe its just because I dont want a bunch of strangers gawking at me with lustful thoughts. If I want that Ill go to one of the all girls schools in Japantown!

(shut up Erik! :P )

Mockba knows more about it than me, but I don't think STL has a huge gay population. It's a suburb, but I'm pretty sure the county I live in (not St. Louis or St. Louis County, but a close suburb) is close to banning gay marriage, and as far as I know there hasn't been a lot of opposition. Personally, I'm opposed because, I dunno, seems like that shouldn't be something the government can so no to to me. It seems awfully discriminate to me. Some day people may look back on this stuff and see how prejudice people are against gays sometimes the way we look back and see how poorly we treated blacks.

I could only find one reasonable picture of the 1st Nat Bank building, so that's what I based it off of. (If you can find some more, that'd be great. :)

Here's some pics I found of St.P's skyline. Hope they help.

st_paul_2.jpg

5201%20front.jpg

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Thanks, Mil. I found stuff like that when I was looking, but what I need are more close-up. I found some great close-up pictures of many of the different downtown Minneapolis buildings at various angles, which is why I was able to get the detail level like that.

I took payno's idea and ran with it a bit. I also changed the red line from a checkered line to a triangled line.

new-tcgha4t-sm.png

new-tcgha4bt-sm.png

POTD 2013-08-22

new-tcgha4b-sm.png

Love this logo. Good incorporation of the star, better skyline than before, and I like that the word "gay" no longer is separated from the rest of the title. Awesome work!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived