Organization Logo

-kj

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the original logo? ^_^

Sorry again, I must be blind. I should try to look at things more closely, especially women. :D

I like you incorporate the triangles on the centre ice line and the skyline with the star. I agree with STL fanatic that the star should not overlap the centre line

I saw, I came, I left.

Mockba... love the last one, looks really good... and easy on the cheerleading or i will join Joel's crusade for more pink in all your work...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

like that timberlake guy, i'm lovin it (ba ba ba buh buhhh!!!)

mainly the last one. it all makes sense when you put together...center ice (meaning it's hockey), and local landmarks (although i figure you'd have had to been there or read this thread to know). and you're not putting 'gay' on a billboard, per se, like the earlier versions. it's not sayin "we're gay!!!! oh, yeah, and we play a little hockey," but rather "we love playin hockey!!!! oh, and we happen to be gay." if this offends anybody or makes no sense, i'll sleep on it and give ya a free pass to make a white castle joke on my next post :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Wow, Mokba, terriffic work, man. Thats even better than i could have imagined you'd do. I LOVE the star, particularly it being OVER the redline (why should it be under? The PLAYERS are on top of the redline in a real rink, why can't the star be?)

The city looks great, and it is all ties together, living inside the outter circle.

Terriffic work.

Presicely what you should go with. I think now you enter the dangerous territory of over-working it.

I'm very impressed. Generally, here is where I would say, "Hey, when you get t-shirts done, send me one!" But in this case.. it is a little different. Oh well, i'll say it anyway. its a great logo, and I'm not like ICS, I don't think i will be violated by folks walking by when i'm in midtown Atlanta, even IF I did have that shirt on!

:P:D:P

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

and I'm not like ICS, I don't think i will be violated by folks walking by when i'm in midtown Atlanta, even IF I did have that shirt on!

:P  :D  :P

dont hate me because Im good lookin thefinger.gif

What's the point?

I saw, I came, I left.

Am I the only one who noticed Mockba's "$3 Bill" title under his name?

That is hysterical........ Good job.

Nothing for nothing, and this is not of an anti gay statement at all, although I am sure someone will try and make it out to be one.

But what the F does being gay have to do with playing hockey?

I think when certain organizations (based on sex, race or sexual orientation) want to be viewed equally or treated as equals, but then go and form a organization strictly for members of their same situation.... that in and of itself is discriminatory.

I guarantee if there was a STRAIGHT ONLY Hockey League.... There would be protests.

It's kind of like... why can we have Black History Month, but not White History Month.

Regardless.... Great Logo Mockba!

PNM, the reason I said it can't be is because I'm pretty sure that's a rule about when the logo is painted on the ice.

I'm pretty sure you're right. However, I like the star coming in front, because it gives the logo a little faux-depth, like the shooting star is really coming out of the cityscape.

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback, I think I like where this is going. Taj is right about the St. Paul buildings, I'll have to figure out how to make them pop out as much as the Minneapolis side of the line. All in all, though, this is pretty close to ready.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

NYS-

I hear what you're saying, and intellectually, I agree with it on some level. It's tough for me to explain why I like TCGHA, but I'll try.

But, thanks to the fact that people in general can't seem to realize that gay and straight people are simply just people, being gay is seen as bad, different, what have you. So, groups like TCGHA (which is not gay-exclusive; we have many straight people as part of our organization, as well as many who've supported us) are part hockey groups, part social and support networks.

We've also had the opportunity to introduce many gays and lesbians to the sport of hockey. Many have been fans, but have always had it shoved down their throats that gay people don't play sports, that we're all pansies, etc.

And, mostly, TCGHA's about fun. People like to hang out with people that are somewhat like themselves, share common backgrounds. Church-sponsored teams/groups are another example of these. They're part sport, and part social opportunity. TCGHA has been built on a social foundation, which I think has led to our success--we've been growing much faster than we would have ever expected.

Besides, it's fun when some of the other teams we play against in the league start figuring out who we are--jars their equilibrium, makes them think twice about the stereotypes in their head about gay people.

POTD 2013-08-22

wow. that most recent logo is outstanding. it's very well done.

and on the gay, issue, even if it is off-topic, one of my best friends is gay. it doesn't effect me either way, so i don't care. most people would think the texan would be a homophobe, but i'm just not.

the way i look at it, a gay man is similar to an ugly woman. they may be attracted to me, but i'm not attracted to them. that doesn't mean i hate them, or feel any ill-will towards them... in fact, my gay friend seems to be the person who agrees with me on most political issues. gay people tend to be more liberal politically, so all the liberals need to stick together in bush-country :)

makes me wonder just how many homophobes hate ugly women :grin:

maybe on the logo, you could make the inside outline red as well? to help balance the colors a tad... does that make sense?

maybe on the logo, you could make the inside outline red as well? to help balance the colors a tad... does that make sense?

The actual face-off circle? Naw, that needs to be blue, since the center circle is blue on a real hockey rink.

It was my plan to make it very blue-heavy.

POTD 2013-08-22

Amazing logos Mockba... I'm really happy to see that gay people around North America can play sports like anyone else. Personally I'm not gay, but I have a couple of friends who I really admire especially of all of the crap they have been through just cause they're gay. One friend of mine played in a hockey league and came out of the closet. Nobody talked to him, nobody passed to him, nobody cared about him, coach included. It was like he had SARS or something. THIS is why gay people need sports leagues of their own. They wouldn't need them if they were accepted!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Its good to see we have both honest and tolerant people on this board.

Kudos to the improvements on the logos Mock.

I really like how you toned out the houses of legistature, all you need is the dome. I might suggest really zapping the red into the 1st Bank. Thats what i think of when i think of St. Paul, have ever since i was a boy.

Bright Bright Red!

Try it, see how it looks.

But gorgeous edits.

Nice looking logo. Very well executed...wish I had your talent.

On the critique tip, I personally would not have the centre line down the middle. IMHO it detracts from the overall smoothness of the design jumping out at the viewer before they get to appreciate the style of the skyline...although..you did a good job of bringing the star to the forefront of the viewer's attention by hanging the tail over the red line. Dunno how you would add more "hockey" by taking out that centre line though.

Uh, one small OT question, what's the difference between Gay hockey and Not-Gay hockey? I probably just don't get it altogether, but have never understood the existence of same-sex clubs when a mainstream club in the same sport and area already exists. That is by no means a flame, I'm just not sure of the reasoning and would like to know, if you're willing to explain...

Mockba, I like the last set better. The first set with the red line or in this case pink line at a diagonal, would be a disaster. It looked like the red circle with a line through it. This last set looks a lot better. Nice touch with the triangles on the center line. If anything, maybe get a little bit of Xcel Energy Center in there? Other than that, nice job!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Mockba..

Thanks for the explanation... It makes alot of sense and is good to see that it is not just limited to people of sexual preference.

Some of my friends are gay, and I have gone with them to clubs and what not in support.

I guess my one question, or concern would be Hockey is pretty physical and at times violent sports... I wouldnt want someone Non Gay to join just as a opportunity to knock around some gays.... although I am sure that person's ignorance would be spotted long before he even put his skates on.

As a comedian... Something I thought was funny came to mind as a slogan for your league.

Gay Hockey Association - "We're Great Stick Handlers... But We're A Little Rough In The Crease!"

Archived