islanders concept

puckcool22

this incredible logo is a product of gordie, i take no credit for anything except asking him to use it on this concept. I think this jersey has a wave theme, without going overboard like the isles did with their fisherman jerseys. but what do you think?

NYI4.gif

signature.gif

k to be completely honest usually im not a fan of your work puckcool... despite you seem to be a fellow pens fan and 22 is my lucky number... but i can say I really like these... very well done.... not completely sold on gordies ship logo (not saying its bad, im just not "feeling it") but the jersey design is solid...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

The white jersey is great!

Perhaps try switching the colours around on the dark... I would make the shoulders/arms navy, and the body light blue. Of course make the striping match the change and I think you've got a wonderful jersey IMO

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

k to be completely honest usually im not a fan of your work puckcool... despite you seem to be a fellow pens fan and 22 is my lucky number... but i can say I really like these... very well done.... not completely sold on gordies ship logo (not saying its bad, im just not "feeling it") but the jersey design is solid...

just wondering what does that mean? what about my work dont you like, ive made all types of jersey types from retro to tatc to traditional to out there

signature.gif

i think its your out there designs that im not a huge fan of... im not saying i hate them, im just not a fan... i didnt mean any offence by it, just being honest... to accentuate how much i like this one... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

i think its your out there designs that im not a huge fan of... im not saying i hate them, im just not a fan... i didnt mean any offence by it, just being honest... to accentuate how much i like this one...  :D

ok- i understand now, no hard feelings, i think i missed the whole part about how you liked this concept lol

also here is the light blue version in case you are wondering, i tried this with white orange and navy numbers, but i chose navy cause the white and orange letters didnt stick out enough

nyi4.gif

signature.gif

is/wasnt there someone on this board who has a girlfriend who is very involved within the islanders organization

How much involved? :D Oh BTW nice work. But, I would just have the ship there. I don't know if that ship represents an "islander" well. But, it would be a nice LA Clippers logo though.

I saw, I came, I left.

Nothing beats the current Logo or Uniform set. It's just... it's one of those uniforms that reaches perfection, like the current Devils or the Blackhawks or Rangers or Wild.... it's just that damned good, and no offense is ment twords your design, i think it is superbe and that jersey is solid as a rock, and the logo is out of this world, it just don't beat what they got.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Nothing beats the current Logo or Uniform set. It's just... it's one of those uniforms that reaches perfection, like the current Devils or the Blackhawks or Rangers or Wild.... it's just that damned good, and no offense is ment twords your design, i think it is superbe and that jersey is solid as a rock, and the logo is out of this world, it just don't beat what they got.

I digress. I think the Isles have one of the most boring, outdated looks in the entire league. I hate their jerseys. Maybe that's my Rangers bias speaking, but I'm not a fan of their current look at all. I love this set, though.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i appreciate everyones feedback on the jersey keep it coming

my designs might be getting more creative because i just figured out how to use the curve tool in paint :D

how do you do the curve tool anyways, ive been trying to do it

how do you do the curve tool anyways, ive been trying to do it

first you draw a straight line like you would with the regular line tool. then you click and drag to a spot so that you like the way the curve looks. then you do it again to perfect the curve. so it's line, curve, curve. that makes one curve and it's one of the handiest tools in MS Paint.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I like the ship logo--very good, not a fan of the striping though--put this on their current or original jersies (yes there is a difference), and see how it works-

or try it without the circle and continue the colours behind the ship around the jersey.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Really? As much as I like the newest incarnation of their home and away jerseys, I think that their logo sucks balls.

I feel it lacks creativity and character. It's cluttered, and the way the "I" interects with Long Island makes me want to punch the designer for his lack of fundamentals. I honestly think that the Isles' logo is the worst in the league, even over Tampa Bay's... and I'm saying this as someone who actually likes the Islanders.

Actually the more that I think about it, the more I think it might be the worst logo out of the four major North American leagues...

I'm not sure it's the worst out of all four, but I agree with what Avenger has to say. Good jerseys, lousy logo.

A recoloured version of that lighthouse logo would be PERFECT on the front of their jerseys.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived