College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

I love white helmets, so I'm just going to say this:

The white aTm helmet is perfection. I'm basically drooling over it :P

I also really like the white GT and white Miami helmets.

I know you said you were interested in what I thought about the GT unis so here goes. I really like them, but I think they are kind of boring. I really enjoy their unis that they wore last year. I generally tend to like more classic-styled uniforms than more modern ones, but I think the ones from last year work well with them. Also, I really hate all navy alternates because 1) I just think we should never use too much navy since it is not an official school color, and 2) we always lose in them (disregard 1990 Citrus Bowl MNC... also I'm sure you'd like that :P)

But yeah. I think you did a good job and really like a lot of your concepts. I think my favorite so far is Baylor but that might be because that green and that gold are my two favorite colors together. They should use athletic gold instead of old gold all the time. Also, I am gonna say it again-- I love all the white helmets that you made. Every one of them.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this series is very impressive. I absolutely LOVE some of your designs. Boston College looks great, that one stood out to me. And I think Baylor looks very good as well, I'd say that design works very well for them, and I love the yellow you used instead of gold. But my favorite of all is Duke no doubt. That is just a great design that fits perfectly. I could get very used to watching that uniform set on a field. Can not wait for the Big Ten!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

So normally I don't really review series. Way too much work but I've only seen the Big XII and I thought I'd give a few thoughts. and I'm doing the Big XII mostly just for mizzou :)

Baylor- I'm a big fan of this. Good, solid, cool uniforms for a team with not much tradition. very cool. The gold/yellow part IS very tricky and you could've gone either way.

Iowa State design- This is the one I thought was a little too bland and you could've done so many cool things with. not a fan.

Kansas- is great. At first I was gonna criticize the sublimations but I realized thats just Adidas. It looks pretty bad, but it's not your fault.

Kansas State-Very cool idea and great execution. My team uses K State's logo and I'd love to see us do something like this.

Mizzou- This one is rough for me as a Zou fan. I love Mizzou's current uni's. They were the first out of those Nike designs so I don't see it as cookie cutter. I think they are very cool and I love the stripes on their pants. That being said, i love you're updates with the EXCEPTION on the helmet. That is just horrible. You HAVE to keep the same helmet, logo and stripes. You can put the tiger head on the sleeves. I love the stripes you came up with. I also don't want you to rule out the black on black on black combo. or the black on white on white. Good job! BUT the helmet--FIX IT PLEASE!

Oklahoma State-Great! I'm a big fan of their current (now outdated?) unis but you did a good job of keeping it. They have so many great options with those logos and colors. i couldn't do it. Good job

A and M- Perfect. Good job. Although i DO like their current simple uni's.

Tech- Good job simplifying. I love it

Oklahoma/Texas- perfect. Exactly what they need

My favorite is the Missouri set, really great job!

@tylerbray

you seem to be a new member! welcome, I appreciate your comment...and you are a Tennessee fan so it has weight...but not enough.

Tennessee did BFBS. I'm going to let you figure out what that means.

I don't think it was BFBS. Eric Berry and Montario Hardesty came up with the idea for Halloween and it was a big hit. I guess I understand where you're coming from though.

i just wanna say i love your banner pic. especially what happened right after he did that

For the sake of the Fourth of July I'm going to throw ONE of my BigEast concepts at you! Why? Because...

...It's RED-WHITE-AND-BLUE! Happy Independence day everyone! (the BigEast is five teams down. full post will come in a few days)

exportA-34.png

exportB-28.png

Is the helmet supposed to have some effect? Or is it just solid blue and you added that to make the helmet look cooler in general?

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people,

Things are moving a little bit slowly here. I figured I'd post my next concept in a singlet! I should have a full Big East post up soon when things die down, as I've been working on the latest school newspaper issue.

Cincinnati Bearcats: Simply moved the claw design to the shoulder and made the pants "faster" looking, because the current pants have that horrid fat, and aimless Adidas stripe.

exportA-33.png

exportB-27.png

I'm also probably going to start using the revolution helmet for each concept (minus Penn State and Oregon, who I have a DNA template for)

Cincinnati looks good, and it's different than what I did for them (just last night), which is always good! I prefer the slashes on the pants, but they still look good on the shoulders, which is how the basketball team does it, which adds some consistency between teams.

Here's the Louisville Cardinals. I know I keep posting single teams, and I've been guessing when I'm going to get everything up, but time to work on these concepts comes at a premium and I hate to keep this thread falling back.

For the Cardinals I made a custom number font (using the Blue Jays' font as an initial base) that goes with their wordmark. I also really liked their look from the Harry Douglas days, and wanted to give an updated version of that.

exportA-35.png

exportB-29.png

I love this look for the Cards. I'm not feeling what they did with their current jerseys at all. The old school look just isn't fot them IMO. This modern look is perfect.

However I think the stripes, if thats what we're calling them, would look better with a black outline. Just because the wordmarks and numbers are outlined... Also, how does the black jersey look with red numbers instead of white???

Untitled.png

I love this look for the Cards. I'm not feeling what they did with their current jerseys at all. The old school look just isn't fot them IMO. This modern look is perfect.

However I think the stripes, if thats what we're calling them, would look better with a black outline. Just because the wordmarks and numbers are outlined... Also, how does the black jersey look with red numbers instead of white???

I agree about Louisville's new look. It is just plain and boring, and what kills me the most is now WKU and UL uniforms are too similar. White Helmet, Red Jersey, with White Pants (however, WKU does plan to use a red pants like UL, but they also have a Gray uniform). Either way, this set would be better suited for U of L than their current. Good Job.

spacer.png

I agree about Louisville's new look. It is just plain and boring, and what kills me the most is now WKU and UL uniforms are too similar. White Helmet, Red Jersey, with White Pants (however, WKU does plan to use a red pants like UL, but they also have a Gray uniform). Either way, this set would be better suited for U of L than their current. Good Job.

Louisville has always been white-red-white, at least since I've been paying attention to football.

Anyway, to the concept, I like it. I also don't like their new classic look. The only change I would make would be to get rid of the black stroke on the helmet stripe to make it consistent with the jersey and pant stripes.

Next up it Pittsburgh! Simple change here. I added sleeve stripes and moved the numbers to the shoulders...that's really it, but really all I think Pitt needs.

exportA-36.png

exportB-30.png

And now Rutgers. I wanted to take the boring R logo off the helmet and replace it with their knight logo, which I think is way too beautimus to be left off the uniform. Also, I did black...because I can!!

::edit:: Just realized I could have turned the helmet logo around on the left jersey side to be more consistent. facepalm

exportA-37.png

exportB-31.png

Archived