LA Kings Burger King jerseys

nash61

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been trying for a long time to find a pattern that works with the Burger King logo, and finally found one that their affliliate the Monarchs had just discarded. I made a few changes to it, and believe that I have finally found the jersey solution for the Burger King. I used the "Chevrolet" logo, because that's what the Kings were using at the time.

BK.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like this. I've always thought that if the Burger King logo was utilized in the right way (I.E. as a normally crest instead of just some weird chest patch on one of the worst NHL jerseys of all time), it'd be a pretty good part of a third jersey. The crown effect on the sleeves looks nice as well. Personally, I'd leave the "Chevrolet" logo off & just put crowns on both shoulders. Other than that, this is just fine.

I think this would be a really good Manchester Monarchs jersey. The Burger King logo is more of a minor league logo than something that would fit in with the NHL. I was also going to say that the jersey striping fit in more for an AHL before actually looking at the Monarchs jerseys and then reading your opening post. And I agree with TFoA about using the crown patch on both shoulders.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Interesting concept, I really like the way the colors look together on the striping pattern you used, it really seems to pop. Also love the way the gold numbers look on a purple jersey. Still, I'd drop the thrashers number font. Try a font closer to the nameplate font. Also, not loving that the aforementioned shoulder patch is only black and silver, not recolored to match your new color scheme.

Okay, so the general consensus was to drop the Chevy logo. Since that was the only thing that contained silver on the jerseys, I decided to change the silver stripes to white. (suggested by GoalLineDesign)

BKcopy.png

.Still, I'd drop the thrashers number font. Try a font closer to the nameplate font. Also, not loving that the aforementioned shoulder patch is only black and silver, not recolored to match your new color scheme.

I had originally hoped to use the number font from the real Burger King jerseys, but no one seems to have it. I used the Thrashers font because it was the closest one I could find to this.

Kings21.png

I used Montreal's font on the nameplates, also trying to match the above jersey.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Maybe try to use the top font here? Granted, there's no 9 so you'd probably have to use a 4 for Rob Blake instead of the 99 for Gretzky, but it's pretty close to the numbers they had on the original BK jersey.

Maybe try to use the top font here? Granted, there's no 9 so you'd probably have to use a 4 for Rob Blake instead of the 99 for Gretzky, but it's pretty close to the numbers they had on the original BK jersey.

Thanks for the link. The 4 was kinda boring, so I went with #32 for Kelly Hrudey. Does anyone know what the font used for the name on the original BK jerseys is?

BKhrudey.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

All right. I changed the name font (thanks Frylock), so now both are as close to the original BK jersey as I wanted.

BKhrudey2.png

C&C?

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I definitely like the changes that you've made here nash, but I'm still not crazy about the gold crown trim that you still have on the sleeves, it should match the chest trim. Overall, you've taken one of the worst third jerseys, and turned it into a really nice concept though.

I definitely like the changes that you've made here nash, but I'm still not crazy about the gold crown trim that you still have on the sleeves, it should match the chest trim. Overall, you've taken one of the worst third jerseys, and turned it into a really nice concept though.

Here's what it looks like with straight arm striping.

BKstraight.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

keep the crown, but keep all of the triangles the same size. That would make the stripe uniform yet unique, like phoenix's original jerseys.

Better?

BKnopeaks.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 years later...

I did a concept a while back using the King's head with the current crown they use. I thought it turned out nice. Maybe try it as well?

It's been two years, TLPH. I doubt he even has this. The only reason this thread has been bumped is because some newbie (most likely) has voted on the poll. There are a few others that were bumped that were even older than this thread.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived