ESPN Logo Concept

vazquez

I was sitting reading some posts on here and noticed the ABC logo concept, and I began to think of other TV Brands that could use a refresh, and the first to pop in my head was ESPN. I tried to keep the logo close to the current, while also giving a current flare. The wording under ESPN is Banda Typeface.

concept.png

*note, ESPN logo is not a type, is circles and lines and the stroke tool :D This isnt a huge project and is just something I whipped up for fun, C&C Welcome.

its really nice but i think the "N" neems a lttle disconmnected - well litterally actually haha. the other letters are one continuous line. idk how ud fix that, even a lowercase N like in the current logo wouldnt do the trick. The design is great and everything but i keep staring at that N.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

its really nice but i think the "N" neems a lttle disconmnected - well litterally actually haha. the other letters are one continuous line. idk how ud fix that, even a lowercase N like in the current logo wouldnt do the trick. The design is great and everything but i keep staring at that N.

Yeah the N is actually the trickiest part, I felt like not doing a lowercase N because I've always stared at the ESPN logo wondering why its lowercase, and I may also disconnect the E as well to make it better for the eyes, and to keep the E separate for uses.

wonderful job. You took a logo everyone recognizes and kept the elements that make it iconic while updating it.

You forgot the logo for ESPN 8......the Ocho ;)

I'm actually forgetting ALOT I just did major US brands.

Here is the full list.

Since TSN and ESPN have matching logos, why not see how it would work for TSN?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The only issue I have with this is the E, S, and P are all connected, while the N is by itself. I understand their is no fluid or logical way to connect the N. I was thinking that maybe the E, S, P being in red on a white background with the N being white on a red background square. Not sure how it would actually look, but I think it would be better than having the E, S, and P connect and then the N floating outside. The square would isolate it more.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The only issue I have with this is the E, S, and P are all connected, while the N is by itself. I understand their is no fluid or logical way to connect the N. I was thinking that maybe the E, S, P being in red on a white background with the N being white on a red background square. Not sure how it would actually look, but I think it would be better than having the E, S, and P connect and then the N floating outside. The square would isolate it more.

I see your point in this but Tommorow when I finish up the second update to this, that should solve the N problem. It's a bit more symetrical and so on and so forth, but I'll just let the update talk, stay tuned.

I see your point in this but Tommorow when I finish up the second update to this, that should solve the N problem. It's a bit more symetrical and so on and so forth, but I'll just let the update talk, stay tuned.

I hope you mean that you're disconnecting the E because that's really all you need to do to make this perfect.

Goforbroke and Estone are sharp. the E is lacking and i would blend their suggestions. make the 'N' lower case so it all has a nice horizontal flow AND highlight it with a circle behind it. i say circle, because its mostly made up of rectangles, long and flat, and the contrast of a circle would do wonders for it. make the letters a bit thicker too. remember, legibility at very small scale

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I was sitting reading some posts on here and noticed the ABC logo concept, and I began to think of other TV Brands that could use a refresh, and the first to pop in my head was ESPN. I tried to keep the logo close to the current, while also giving a current flare. The wording under ESPN is Banda Typeface.

concept.png

*note, ESPN logo is not a type, is circles and lines and the stroke tool :D This isnt a huge project and is just something I whipped up for fun, C&C Welcome.

It's not bad in and of itself, but it doesn't say "sports" to me. It looks like the sign for a coffee shop or an expensive beverage.

I agree that their current logo is starting to look dated, but I think it has plenty of years left in it. It's just so recognizable, with the bold italics, and just the way it looks at a glance.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived