BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spreadsheet: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuvVHGI3EzFmdERqZVN3bWdiOHpkcFhMV1hCaWVyTmc&hl=en_US

Pettite is a great value there, and with him being a lefty, it opens up the door for me to take another righty for my last bullpen piece, if need be.

From my understanding the bullpen pieces were five guys and a long man, or draft another pitcher as long as you didn't have a DH.

You already have six starting pitchers. That sixth starter is your long man, and you already have a DH as well.

If that's the case then Andy Pettite has to be put back because no way is he eligable to come out of the pen in any position other then a long reliever something you've already filled..

Pettite is my long man.

Wood purely relieved enough to qualify as a reliever. About half of his appeared games are as a reliever.

I didn't have an issue with Wood. But you already have six starting pitchers. Seaver, Martinez, Smoltz, Saberhagen, Radbourn and Tiant.

From my understanding that sixth starter was your long man unless you don't have a DH which you have.

I was pretty sure it was a 6 man rotation, and THEN the long man, from what Dex explained. If I'm wrong, I'll fix the pick, but that's what I understood.

I see that's the case now, and I would like to request to put back Lindy McDaniel and take somebody else. I would not have selected five relief pitchers had I known about that.

I'm looking at the roster thread and I'm seeing alot of people with five starting pitchers. Every team in the majors also uses five pitchers.

I was pretty sure it was a 6 man rotation, and THEN the long man, from what Dex explained. If I'm wrong, I'll fix the pick, but that's what I understood.

that's correct.

btw, since you put back mcdaniel, i hope no one minds if i put cano back into circulation and pick someone to replace him.

You know what I think would be better/more fair?

We get through the draft with the picks the way they are, and then, once it's over, people can add/drop.

that's fine.

And also we have some sort of "Rule 5" draft with the players from the defunct teams.

packchampionslfroh.png

I have an idea. How about we turn to the CCSLC to vote on who has the best team. We keep that poll open for however we want and the results determines the draft order from the defunct teams. Just and idea.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

I have an idea. How about we turn to the CCSLC to vote on who has the best team. We keep that poll open for however we want and the results determines the draft order from the defunct teams. Just and idea.

If we do that, we need to just list the rosters and nothing else, so that there is no bias against the teams

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

Archived