BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize for any delay, guys. Had a hectic morning and had to rush to work, and forgot in all of the commotion to send picks this morning before I left. Thankfully, I had extra names in my list I sent bruschi a while back and he picked exactly who I was aiming for in this round. So a big thanks to bruschi, once again, for helping me out. His help for myself and others has been great for the draft, and he has contributed well.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't think Lights Out has a need for another middle infielder, though, on his roster. He picked Counsell last round, I assume, for that role.

Ahh.. I looked at his roster on the rosters page and on the bench the SS/2B spot was open. I'll re-draft. Probably a catcher.

Yeah, I updated his roster. Catcher and relievers. Remember that he loves current/steroid era guys.

You ain't kidding. I don't think he has a single player that started their career before 1960.

I'm also guessing that Craig Counsell pick will remain on the board as well.

I've almost gone 24 hours without a pick. If it comes around tomorrow morning and my spot comes up, just pass me by and I'll select when I get a chance. I don't want to slow this draft up any more than it is right now.

This is just ridiculously slow. Is it that hard to send your picks to someone?

I think its going to be like this for the rest of the draft.

People need to fill out their relief core and there's just not that many modern guys left that could be considered dominant and very few people seem to be willing to pick relievers that started out before 1990.

So people just have no clue who to draft.

People need to fill out their relief core and there's just not that many modern guys out there and very few people seem to be willing to pick relievers that started out before 1990.

In the era of relief pitchers and specialty pitchers how can you not know who to draft? Seriously, that's all MLB is today, one or two starters and a bunch of friggin' relief pitchers. Maybe that's why the game sucks as bad as it does. What? Heath Bell, JJ Putz, Mike Adams? I think if you just did a little research, you could find some arms. Not great, but they are arms.

People need to fill out their relief core and there's just not that many modern guys out there and very few people seem to be willing to pick relievers that started out before 1990.

In the era of relief pitchers and specialty pitchers how can you not know who to draft? Seriously, that's all MLB is today, one or two starters and a bunch of friggin' relief pitchers. Maybe that's why the game sucks as bad as it does. What? Heath Bell, JJ Putz, Mike Adams? I think if you just did a little research, you could find some arms. Not great, but they are arms.

Thing is once you get past the guys like Rivera, Hoffman, Wagner, Percival, Wetteland and Nen there is a bit of a dropoff in quality and I don't think people want to accept the fact that they will be getting significantly lesser pitchers. Most of your relief pitchers have a couple of big years and then are done and people don't want to draft guys like that, but at this stage that's pretty much all your going to find.

People laughed when I took Don McMahon but tell me who the hell else is out there that can compare career numbers wise? Everyone from this era I feel that could/can is gone.

Archived