BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Discussion Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't expect George Kell to fall as far as he had, I'm thrilled I could get him. I'm seriously considering benching Freddie Lindstrom and replacing him with Kell at 3B....thoughts?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I didn't expect George Kell to fall as far as he had, I'm thrilled I could get him. I'm seriously considering benching Freddie Lindstrom and replacing him with Kell at 3B....thoughts?

I would do that in a second.

He's a HOFer I question but he's a far better player then Freddie Lindstrom.

Its the difference between someone who I feel has question HOF merits versus someone who I think has none.

He just beats him in every aspect. Longer career, better defensive player and better offensive player. Lower career batting average, but Kell was top ten in batting average 8 times versus just three for Lindstrom. He was also 2nd just about every year in strikeouts for AB's and hit for more power. (Top ten in OPS three times versus one for Lindstrom)

If this was NFL All-Time draft, the Steaks would be pretty good with Bo Jackson and Neon Deion.

I care more about the ability to produce more than actual production, so they were no brainers to me.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

If this was NFL All-Time draft, the Steaks would be pretty good with Bo Jackson and Neon Deion.

I care more about the ability to produce more than actual production, so they were no brainers to me.

Then A.J Burnett should be your next pick.

No, I have enough Starters and my long reliever is set as well.

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

I care more about the ability to produce more than actual production

What. I can't even wrap my head around this sentence. If those players had the ability to produce at a level becoming of this draft, Deion would have Hall of Fame numbers or close to it and Watanabe would be statistically by far the best and most dominant pitcher in NPB history, which he isn't by a long shot.

so they were no brainers to me.

They were "no brainers" all right, just not the definition you're thinking of.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I care more about the ability to produce more than actual production

What. I can't even wrap my head around this sentence.

I think it roughly translates to I don't know what the hell I'm doing and am just pulling reasoning out of my ass to justify it.

The only thing preventing his team from being flat out horrible is the fact that he didn't take over the team until halfway through the draft.

Lineup:

CF: Earle Combs

OF: Mel Ott

OF: Ted Williams

3B: Alex Rodriguez

1B: Eddie Murray

DH: Dave Winfield

C: Bill Dickey

SS: Joe Sewell

2B: Bobby Doerr

Bench:

C: Ernie Lombardi

1B/3B: Don Mattingly

SS/2B: Robinson Cano

OF: Harry Heilmann

CF: Earl Averill

Rotation:

SP: Grover Cleveland Alexander, RHP

SP: Steve Carlton, LHP

SP: Carl Hubbell, LHP

SP: Ron Guidry, LHP

SP: Johan Santana, LHP

SP: Dazzy Vance, RHP

Is there a maximum on the number of relief pitchers we're allowed to have?

I rather have 12 or 13 pitchers then have have 5 or 6 bench players. I can make do with having 3 or 4 guys coming off the bench.

Gotta fill out the bench spots. Catcher, corner infielder, middle infielder, corner outfielder, center fielder. You can have an extra pitcher if you don't draft a DH.

Is there a maximum on the number of relief pitchers we're allowed to have?

I rather have 12 or 13 pitchers then have have 5 or 6 bench players. I can make do with having 3 or 4 guys coming off the bench.

Gotta fill out the bench spots. Catcher, corner infielder, middle infielder, corner outfielder, center fielder. You can have an extra pitcher if you don't draft a DH.

So I can have 11 pitchers. Okay.

Archived