BASEBALL ALL-TIME DRAFT: Selection Thread (PLEASE LOCK)

Dexter Morgan

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Detroit Stars select 1B George Sisler.

George-Sisler.jpg

.340 career battin average

2,812 career hits

1,175 career RBI

Led the league in SB 4 times.

1922 Al MVP

Led Al in batting twice

Never played in the minor leagues

Achieved a 41-game hit streak

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

8ussmr9nym262dzff1g7te1it.gif

With the 129th overall pick, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays have selected designated hitter Edgar Martínez.

edgar-martinez.jpg

2,247 career hits.

1,261 career RBI.

309 career home runs.

.312 career batting average.

.335 career BABIP.

.933 career OPS.

148 career wRC+.

7-time All-Star.

5-time Silver Slugger winner.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Chicago Cubs select Starting Pitcher "Smokey" Joe Williams

ZqfE7KPt.jpg

It is said that Williams pitched dozens of no-hitters, even one against the New York Giants. And in a 12 inning 1-0 win, he struck out 27 batters at the age of 44. Williams also defeated five Hall of Fame pitchers during exhibitions in his career including Grover Alexander and Walter Johnson.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Los Angeles Dodgers select:

ApplingLuke.jpg

Shortstop Luke Appling. With a .310 avg, 2,749 hits, 1,116 RBI's and 1,319 runs, he was one of the premier offensive shortstops in baseball history. Despite playing his entire career with the lowly White Sox, he was a model of consistency who hustled on every play and played to win.

My second pick will be up within the next five minutes.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Los Angeles Dodgers select:

4121708457_f596376646.jpg

Starting Pitcher Early Wynn. An 8x All-Star who collected 300 wins on the dot in his remarkable career (1939-1963), he was among baseball's most durable pitchers. Famous for his no-fear style, Mickey Mantle once said of him, "That son-of-a-:censored: would knock his own mother down at the plate, he's so mean". A testament to his legendary durability and consistency, he won his only Cy Young award in 1959 for the pennant-winning White Sox - 20 YEARS after his major league debut.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived