IFL

Julius Seizure

Great work! I'm definitely looking forward to the next team.

Love your username, by the way.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GREAT update on the Pharohs. The secondary logo is great. Mexico City is also very well done. The helmet and pant stripes may be my favorite part of this design. Just a questions though, why have the flag of Mexico on the back of the Lobos' helmets when no other designs yet have included flags? I would say either go with flags on every helmet or on none. Just my opinion though.

Loving this series. Keep it up!

gYH2mW9.png

LOVE the Lobos Logo (say that three times fast :P ). Nothing super special about the unis but very nice. The pant and helmet stripes are a cool, and fit with the theme well.

My only minor issue is with the numbers on the away set. On the home set the colors read gold/maroon/"sand", which looks great but on the aways you have gold/"sand"/maroon, which to me makes it look a little blurry if you will. Make the inner most outline white and I think it would flow a lot better.

As for the flags, I dont think it adds anything or takes anything away. If you like them keep them, but I agree with GeauxColonels that they should be all or none.

I am loving this so far, please keep them coming!!

I wanted a team in the league with the same color scheme as the Jacksonville bulls of the USFL---]

The Bulls wore Silver rather then the Gold. The other 2 colors are very correct.

Another winner set!!

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Super feedback, everyone! I am so stoked that everyone is liking these teams. I was almost nervous about showing them off on this forum, haha!

I've redone the numbers for the Lobos, I replaced the original post with my new edit.

I decided upon GeauxColonels' advice to omit the flags altogether. I'd rather not have anything 'interrupt' the designs on the helmets

And moving on, we have the Milwaukee Barons of the Central Division.

I think I might have been nursing a craving for frozen pizza when this concept was designed, haha! I thought it would be cool to have an old WWI, mustachioed fighter pilot as a mascot. Took me a long while to get a stripe scheme that I liked...

Maybe you guys have some suggestions, no?

MILWAUKEE__Home_svg-g4872-4294966395.png

MILWAUKEE__Road_svg-g4872-4294966836.png

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

Super feedback, everyone! I am so stoked that everyone is liking these teams. I was almost nervous about showing them off on this forum, haha!

I've redone the numbers for the Lobos, I replaced the original post with my new edit.

I decided upon GeauxColonels' advice to omit the flags altogether. I'd rather not have anything 'interrupt' the designs on the helmets

And moving on, we have the Milwaukee Barons of the Central Division.

I think I might have been nursing a craving for frozen pizza when this concept was designed, haha! I thought it would be cool to have an old WWI, mustachioed fighter pilot as a mascot. Took me a long while to get a stripe scheme that I liked...

Maybe you guys have some suggestions, no?

MILWAUKEE__Home_svg-g4872-4294966395.png

MILWAUKEE__Road_svg-g4872-4294966836.png

This is a lot like the look I had in mind (but never fully developed) for one of my former fantasy teams, the Las Vegas Flying Aces. Their logo was just a winged "A" with a spade inside, but I had another logo in mind similar to yours. (Think of the Patriots' "Flying Elvis" done up in WWI fighter-pilot garb). Great minds think alike, I suppose.

I also see you've got a snake-head helmet and one of your teams is in Toronto. You doing a Toronto Vipers concept too? :)

CCSLC signature.png

Barons look good. I really like the color scheme. My only gripe is that I dont know how the helmet would look with all that blank space on it, I wouldnt change, I just cant see how it would really look in my head ya know.

Your logos are all really nice, but it'd help if you thicken up your outlines one or two notches to get away with the illustration look.

The Barons look good, I like the idea of the logo, and the helmet wing look nice. I actually like the Cooperplate numbers, it "fits the theme". The only thing I could really suggest is getting rid of the back outline on the pants to keep it consistant with the shoulders.

Nice work on all of these.

The best piece of advice I can give you that I cant see has already been given would be to kill the gradients in your work. A larger percentage of what the logo would be used on, caps patches on jerseys sweatshirts etc will all be embroidered and you cannot replicate a gradient using threads it's just not possible. Meaning that the logos you've got gradients on would just not be effective solutions in the real world.

Other than that, I'd just say follow CJ's advice and thicken your lines up, not just the ones on the outside of the logo but any and all line work on the logo.

Keep it up I look forward to seeing more.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Oh, I was expecting an Olive Green-Black-Gold Barons concept, as per se your helmet previews. Threw me for a loop!. now it's just another by the numbers red-gold-black team(JK!) Pretty goood stuff still. i like the gradiants, seems very USFL'ish to me which is a very good thing in my book. Can't wait to see the Snake logo tea,

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Oh, I was expecting an Olive Green-Black-Gold Barons concept, as per se your helmet previews. Threw me for a loop!. now it's just another by the numbers red-gold-black team(JK!) Pretty goood stuff still. i like the gradiants, seems very USFL'ish to me which is a very good thing in my book. Can't wait to see the Snake logo tea,

Yeah, I had the toughest time trying to get a gold that didn't look like olive green. But Once some people pointed it out on my Dallas team, I tweaked the HSL on it and used the same specs on every team I have that uses gold. Kinda formulaic, but if it looks gold, then I'm stickin' with it, haha!

(@9ersSteve & CJ) I've been trying to adapt more thick outlines for my logos, as I LOVE the way a good, thick outline looks. The contours need a little work on this one, and I'd like to see what I can do with some negative space accents, as well. (I like the way you used neg. space on your San Antonio Desperados logo with the hat, CJ!)

Blitz league Crusaders meets the Claymores from that long forgotten Euro league..

Not too bad at all, I feel the original logo/color scheme(the purple,maroon(?)) from the helmet teaser is far superior.

really love ur work ...usually. dont want to sound mean, but that last one is just ugly bro. the logo is cool but has way too much detail for a helmet decal, perhaps just the shield on the helmet? and the jerseys are just minor league

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

(@bengalernst) I was really feelin' the cross on the jerseys, haha! Oh well :P I could throw down a crossed swords-shield secondary to put on the helmets.

(@mkg74) Originally, I had them in a royal purple, brick red, and grey scheme, I could do a special re-rendering just for the sake of fun. Heck, you might even like them better!

I'd flip the logo on the crusaders helmet, helmet logos like tattoo's of people should never face backwards. The wordmark is uninspired. Seen in isolation it says nothing about Knights or Crusades and the silver keyline on it is way to thin to hold up at anything smaller than it appears on here so that could so with some serious work imo. I'm also interested as to why you chose blue? The cross of st george that the crusaders wore was red.

I really like the logo but feel the amount of detail could be cut down, eg the number of air holes in the helmet. Try having less but making them bigger.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived