Rays Stadium Concept TWO. UPDATE

raysox

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, you're really showing this stadium a lot of love, and I really like what you're doing (I'm actually doing the same thing for my fantasy football team in sketch-up, so I know how much time it makes to do it). One thing I forgot to mention was that I love that you kept most of the dimensions of the Trop, and by adding the railings and backstop, you've really made a stronger looking model. If you're going for more realism, have you checked to see how high the roof is from the field when it's closed? It looks to be a bit too low, but I might be wrong. If you're going for more character, perhaps you could add some arches to the left field railing so it doesn't feel so enclosed. Perhaps you could hang banners or advertisements from that. Maybe you could add an overhang or some multi- level seating ala- San Diego's warehouse...

Thanks Zero.Actually, for the height of it, I had no idea of perspective. Right now, to the roof is 100, then up from there. I've started making the walls thicker, and working on details as gates. I'll eventually put text and ads everywhere.

Oh, and i'm redoing the whole roof, no more block, but a arch. You guys will see tomorrow if I can get it done in the 24 hours I have wifi at this hotel.

Thanks Zero.Actually, for the height of it, I had no idea of perspective. Right now, to the roof is 100, then up from there. I've started making the walls thicker, and working on details as gates. I'll eventually put text and ads everywhere.

Oh, and i'm redoing the whole roof, no more block, but a arch. You guys will see tomorrow if I can get it done in the 24 hours I have wifi at this hotel.

I think the arch would be a better idea. I also think that you should look at Houston and Seattle when it comes to design along the rail.

To up the seating you could remove the offices from under the right field upper deck. Thats prime seat location and the only team who has field facing offices is the twins and its behind the left foul pole, aka non-prime real estate. lol

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

This is really well done. Lots of hard work, and it does look great.

EDIT: I see what you did there. Nevermind. It didn't hit me at first you had the sides open. That's actually pretty damn cool. Nice work.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived