Rays Stadium Concept TWO. UPDATE

raysox

There should be more of these.

StadiumLogo.png

Last year, I made a concept for the Rays' new stadium. I realized how much of an eye sore it was. Here it is.

Part 1. Retractable roof, which is one thing a new stadium would need. This field would have similarities to the Trop. The field is similar shaped. The new Batter's Eye Cafe will be moved back for a party deck. The deck will be the place where the sting ray touch tank is located. The bottom deck will run all the way around, and the upperdeck goes 3/4th of the way around. The part without the deck will be where the scoreboard and video screen would be located. Underneath the right field deck, would be offices for the Rays. The Bullpens won't be on the field anymore. The area with the TB logo would be a rotunda area. The Trop has one now, but in my head, I'm thinking glass all the way up. The entry gates are located on the corners with the beige color.

Stadium1.png

Part 2. The stadium from home plate. The batters eye cafe located in center witha party deck and touch tank. The executive offices are located above the right field, lower deck, and under the upperdeck. The glass above the batters eye is glass that shows a view of Tampa Bay. The video board is in left, and the scoreboard is in right.

Stadium2.png

Part 3. The location of the stadium, located in St. Pete, near Gandy Bridge, and St. Pete/Clearwater airport. This which would open up the Tampa Market, and shorten the drive by 20 minutes for places in Hillsborough, and North Pinellas. With parking exits connecting to the highways, making an easy exit after Rays wins.

Stadium3.png

So whatchya think?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these stadium concepts.

I wish I had half the talent to do one of these.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Looks good, but I don't know how the pitchers get to the bullpen on the right :)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

First off, the stadium logo is super bad a$$, as well as the ones in your signature. For the stadium, it looks fantastic. It would be a great atmosphere to watch baseball. Also, I would hope to god that BJ Upton doesn't take out a ray. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Wow, this looks really cool. Very creative and a good idea. I would love to try one of these, is there any template that you used for the field or anything or did you just start from scratch?

Yeah, for this one, I used some guidelines and made a shape similar to the Trop. But you could trace something from a site like this.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/Stadium_lists.html

First off, the stadium logo is super bad a$$, as well as the ones in your signature. For the stadium, it looks fantastic. It would be a great atmosphere to watch baseball. Also, I would hope to god that BJ Upton doesn't take out a ray. :P

Thanks! I may or may not have been inspired by my sig for that. But yeah the Ray Tank would get more action, which would be good for promotions. They use to have a deal with the Florida Aquarium that they donated money to every time there was a ball hit there. So far, there has been only one ball hit there. I want to sayit was a player on the Dodgers during interleague play.

This works a lot better than your last one of these did. Really like it, don't find any flaws in it - it's kinda reminiscent of Minute Maid in Houston (not sure if you were going for that or not) with the upper deck only wrapping around 3 of the 4 sides of the stadium and with the retractable roof moving out to right field, but none the less, this is really nice (and inspiring me to get C&C on a few of mine! :P)

6fQjS3M.png

I'm no baseball stadium expert, but it looks pretty damn good to me. I've done this a few times with fantasy stuff...I love placing the things in Google Earth. Makes you feel like God. :P

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I love these out-of-the-box concepts lately, it's great to break from the usual.

The design is beautifully done, raysox. Lot of thought put into this, and it shows. However, you've got some inconsistancies, and it's sticking out like a sore thumb now that I see it:

-Your rays tank in the overhead version is triangular in shape, while the onfield version is shaped like a parallelogram.

-The glass straight above the batters' eye is confusing me. Is the glass shape right angles all around? Or does it cut off right above Rays "canopy" structure and leave room on the outside? Not sure if I worded that correctly, but I hope I got the idea across.

Great job so far!

Ah, for the Rays tank, I just messed that one up.

But for the batters eye, I picture it like this. It would be like a corner in a room, with connecting windows meeting in the corner. I thought about putting this in sketch up if I can learn it.

Take your time, and I think you can do it. It's a really neat program, and honestly, not a very steep learning curve. It's like 3D Paint at the simplest level. It would be cool to see that, dude!

Living in Pasco, I'd prefer a Hillsborough stadium, but this is a VERY welcome compromise. Especially since that opens up Gandy as a real alternative route.

Top notch!

Yeah, this stadium would be 10 miles north of the Trop. The stadium would still be in St.Petersburg, which keeps the lease. It would be about 15 minutes shorter of a drive from North Pinellas, and Tampa. Clearwater people would be closer. The only people that it would move away from is downtown St. Pete and south of Pinellas. But I would Imagine that if they're friends they would still come.

This is really cool. My favorite part though is the logo, that thing is legit! Better than some real MLB stadium logos. I know the main part of the post here was the stadium, which looks very nice, but you are really good at making stadium logos. If you ever wanna make another logo like that I'd love to see you do a Citi Field logo. (The Citi field logo right now looks like it was made in paint in 3 minutes)

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived