Rays Stadium Concept TWO. UPDATE

raysox

Wow - how long did it take you to do this? It's taking me forever to get the hang of it...maybe I'm doing it wrong!

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - how long did it take you to do this? It's taking me forever to get the hang of it...maybe I'm doing it wrong!

Putting flat surfaces in for the seating probally saved him a lot of time. I just started using sketchup, and it's taking me forever to complete my stadium.

-------------------

Nice work raysox, I'm glad you went the extra mile, and recreated your stadium in sketchup. Looks great!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Yeah, it took a while, just because I was learning. I had to learn it's ways because I had to compensate for what the program would let me do, compared to what I could. If you look at the first post, I changed it a lot. So The first basic stuff took about 5 days learning. Then like a week on and off tweaking it to what I wanted.

Thanks guys. I think I might pick up some wood and concrete mix and make the field myself.

Yeah, it took a while, just because I was learning. I had to learn it's ways because I had to compensate for what the program would let me do, compared to what I could. If you look at the first post, I changed it a lot. So The first basic stuff took about 5 days learning. Then like a week on and off tweaking it to what I wanted.

Thanks guys. I think I might pick up some wood and concrete mix and make the field myself.

That'd be fuggin' cool.

Done.

I just wanted to make it sleeker as a whole. I used more tools and rounded edges. I made a third level, and open plaza areas. Also, all decks have paths connecting them all the way around, and escalators that run to the bottom. There are glass to discourage leaning over. I also made the stadium have the right dimensions. If you were wondering, from right field its 320, 405, 330. I had fun measuring places from home plate.

1-1.png

2-2.png

3-1.png

4-2.png

5-1.png

Looks fantastic. Great to see the whole thing develop from 2D to what you have here. You do know if you go view > edge style > edges then you can untick the box and it removes all the black lines along the edges and everything looks smoother.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

One last update? I wanted to make the stadium taller, for pop ups and such. I thought of the following. An arched roof, with an angled retractable part. Then, that let me come up with what to do behind the curved seats. I made the arch, as if it was continued. Lastly, i did put some trimmings. I did retired numbers, banners, and some ads.

8a.png

9a.png

10a.png

What should I do now? I want to submit it to someone, but I'm not sure.

I want all of you to go back to page 2 and see the first version of this. Then, I want you to feel bad about saying it was good. I'm sorry, but that one looks terrible compared to this.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to check what the height of the roof over the field would be? It does still seem a little low, but it just might be the views of the stadium that make it seem that way.

(as a basis for comparison, Chase Field's roof is 180-200 feet over its field, depending on location)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The very top of the arch is about 150, and above home would be about 130. I really had nothing to go on. This guy created Target Field EXACTLY, and I used that for reference. The top of the lights were about 130, so that's where that comes from.

I;m making some changes, I'm going to put glass instead of openings. I figure it will be pretty hot without it, and when it rains, it will stop.

This is seriously incredible, it actually looks like a legitimate park. I hate to ask for more, but do you have plans for maybe another stadium or another team? Some other MLB teams need some serious uplifts.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived