Best College Football uniforms

thespleenenator

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of Virginia Tech's throwbacks are great. I don't mind them switching the helmets and pants at will, but those two jerseys are great.

Here is some more I thought was note worthy.

Navy's Alts

navyfootballbowlalts.jpg

Texas' throwback helmet

longhornsthrowbackhelmet.jpg

Oregon's throwback

ducksfootballthrowback.jpg

TCU's Pro Combat

TCU-2.jpg

UCLA's Powder Blue Throwbacks

uclafootballthrowback1.jpg

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

I'm going to categorize what I think are the best uniforms:

Best use of tradition: 1. Michigan. 2. Notre Dame. 3. Ohio State.

Best helmet logo: 1. Texas. 2. Air Force. 3. Florida State.

Best use of color: 1. UCLA. 2. USC. 3. Clemson.

Best helmets: 1. Michigan. 2. Texas. 3. Notre Dame.

Best uniforms (without the helmet): 1. UCLA. 2. USC. 3. Iowa.

Best overall look: 1. Michigan. 2. UCLA. 3. Texas.

Here is some more I thought was note worthy.

Navy's Alts

navyfootballbowlalts.jpg

Texas' throwback helmet

longhornsthrowbackhelmet.jpg

Oregon's throwback

ducksfootballthrowback.jpg

TCU's Pro Combat

TCU-2.jpg

UCLA's Powder Blue Throwbacks

uclafootballthrowback1.jpg

One of these things is not like the other...

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Oregon:

lamichael-james.jpgkellenclemensjpg-e8f63eab69fbcb1e.jpg

235254_crop_650x440.jpg

Oregon's had a lot of great uniforms over the years, IMO. Hard to go wrong with that color scheme, though.

USC:

t1_johnson.jpg

I know people have mixed feelings about the Northwestern stripes for USC but I liked them. Speaking of Northwestern...

Northwestern:

DamienAnderson_large_JPG.jpg

Colorado:

SVQMMYIFCORQEYD.20090916033139.jpg

Their retro unis are okay, but their modern look really popped. I would have preferred a gold version of their throwback horn helmets, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

lsu-2.jpg

Dumbest. Jersey stripe. Ever.

I actually really REALLY like that design for the simple fact that it is so freakin' original. Plus, it actually flows with the rest of that uni. This is one Nike Combat uniform that successfully went outside the box.

Other good Combat uni's were:

Screen-shot-2010-11-29-at-9.47.25-AM.png

Ohio+State+v+Michigan+-_vaYXtntcml.jpg

army_camo_2008.jpg

oregon-military.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

lsu-2.jpg

I actually really REALLY like that design for the simple fact that it is so freakin' original. Plus, it actually flows with the rest of that uni. This is one Nike Combat uniform that successfully went outside the box.

It's not a Pro Combat uniform. It's a special commemorative uniform that LSU wore (Tulane also had a special uniform in that game) as part of a fundraiser in 2007 for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

This better NOT be tOSU's Combat uni for 2011......noooooo!!!!!!!!

osucrapjersey.png

Already been confirmed that it's NOT. It came from someone's made up league or something like that back in January. I'll look for the website and post it if I find it.

I don't understand why people think those pictures are real. Davidson made that template here, plus it has a completely different helmet then the real Pro Combat template. It doesn't look real at all.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

osucrapjersey.png

Already been confirmed that it's NOT. It came from someone's made up league or something like that back in January. I'll look for the website and post it if I find it.

I don't understand why people think those pictures are real. Davidson made that template here, plus it has a completely different helmet then the real Pro Combat template. It doesn't look real at all.

He should be tarred and feathered for his actions. :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

lsu-2.jpg

It's not a Pro Combat uniform. It's a special commemorative uniform that LSU wore (Tulane also had a special uniform in that game) as part of a fundraiser in 2007 for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Isn't that the Nike Combat logo on the "V" on their jersey collar? But regardless, this is a uniform is a success.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

osucrapjersey.png

http://runupthescoredynasty.blogspot.com/2011/01/nike-announces-new-pro-combat-uniforms.html

Is it just me, or do those Tennessee uniforms look great?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

osucrapjersey.png

He should be tarred and feathered for his actions. :P

He's not the one who made that Ohio State uniform, but he made the template for photoshop. Its a good template but it makes everyone who doesn't know about think they are leaked uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Oregon's had a lot of great uniforms over the years, IMO. Hard to go wrong with that color scheme, though.

I can think of many ways to go wrong with a color scheme comprising black, dark green, green, yellow, highligher yellow, and silver, but that's been covered ad nauseum elsewhere in these boards.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

And yet they find multiple ways to do so.

Archived