Best College Football uniforms

thespleenenator

lsu-2.jpg

Dumbest. Jersey stripe. Ever.

I actually really REALLY like that design for the simple fact that it is so freakin' original. Plus, it actually flows with the rest of that uni. This is one Nike Combat uniform that successfully went outside the box.

It's not a Pro Combat uniform. It's a special commemorative uniform that LSU wore (Tulane also had a special uniform in that game) as part of a fundraiser in 2007 for victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Isn't that the Nike Combat logo on the "V" on their jersey collar?

Nope.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lsu-2.jpg

Isn't that the Nike Combat logo on the "V" on their jersey collar? But regardless, this is a uniform is a success.

Nope, Pro Combats didn't come out until 2009, Kevin W. is correct. The special jerseys were worn by both Tulane and LSU (look at the shoulders of both teams - it's the same pelican logo just different colors) in a game played in the Superdome. I was at the game. Uniforms were auctioned off afterwards with proceeds going to Hurricane Katrina-related causes.

lsu2.jpg

30_lsu_byrd_1_jpg__3570072.jpg

lsuKTRA6.JPG

tul-kat-jers-D.jpg

lsu-custom.jpg

LSU wore Pro Combats once back in 2009 versus Arkansas:

401193518.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

LSU's Pro Combat is one of the best Nike's ever done, even if it did make LSU look Washington-esque due to the shade of gold used.

Nike only did that for one year

But Nike hasn't completely ditched it, as demonstrated by Wyoming's new uniforms.

I think they ditched it for Pro Combat, but other schools can still use it. I actually like it with certain uniforms (FSU for example).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

lsu-2.jpg

Isn't that the Nike Combat logo on the "V" on their jersey collar? But regardless, this is a uniform is a success.

Nope, Pro Combats didn't come out until 2009, Kevin W. is correct. The special jerseys were worn by both Tulane and LSU (look at the shoulders of both teams - it's the same pelican logo just different colors) in a game played in the Superdome. I was at the game. Uniforms were auctioned off afterwards with proceeds going to Hurricane Katrina-related causes.

lsu2.jpg

Cool....not sure how I forgot that. Still love that jersey design though. Oddly original yet effective.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Oklahoma State:

sptsksu_t440.jpg

I really like how they matched the number font with the logo. I wish they used this number font with the new ProCombat unis, which I also like.

Kentucky:

New-kentucky-Football-Uniforms.jpg

Their new uniforms are the best in the SEC and among the best in all of college football.

Oregon State:

medium_Jerseys.jpg

Very simple, but the color scheme and number font really pop.

Miami:

MiamivSouthFloridalNsLutpcZ7l_display_image.jpg

Really dug the split-color numbers. These would have been better without the stupid shoulder Flywire.

Tennessee:

3086796345_309af5a947_o.jpg

Orange yokes on the road were a great look.

Texas Tech:

kliff2.jpg

I'm a sucker for serif numbers and patterned trim.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No, it was horrible and awkward. They should have put the pelican on the sleeve and kept the normal shoulder stripes.

This is where I strongly disagree. How the stripes are placed on this one gives the jersey depth....as if the full shoulder stripe still exists, but is underneath.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

LSU's Pro Combat is one of the best Nike's ever done, even if it did make LSU look Washington-esque due to the shade of gold used.

I totally agree. I was lucky enough to get one of the jerseys on sale - 50% off the summer after. A lot of the LSU fans down her complained about the shade of gold. I was at the game and LOVED the look in person. Plus, the shade of gold is an actually fairly accurate representation of what the Tigers wore in the 1940s.

gYH2mW9.png

AF- Jared-Tew.jpg

Sorry, but I liked Air Force so much better when they had helmet stripes and uniforms were blue and silver instead of blue and black. My favorite look (other than last year's Thunderbirds tribute) was when they used Chargers-style shoulder bolts, though that look could use a few minor changes like bolts on the pants and tri-color (blue-white-sliver) instead of bi-color sleeve bolts (blue-white).

BeauMorgan1.jpgdisplay_image.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived