Best College Football uniforms

thespleenenator

Colorado:

SVQMMYIFCORQEYD.20090916033139.jpg

Their retro unis are okay, but their modern look really popped. I would have preferred a gold version of their throwback horn helmets, though.

Although I'm usually a fan of simpler, more traditional unis, I liked this look for Colorado a lot.

Go Cougs.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. .

The last time Oregon played Southern Cal at the LA Coliseum they wore white on white on white.

I've never been a fan of white-white-white uniforms with the exception of the Texas Longhorns, whose I love with their rare burnt-orange trim and stripeless helmet.

I gotta admit, the Ducks looked pretty damn sharp that evening (uniforms & their play) ... Only thing I would have liked to see is their face-mask white or light gray ....

They've sure come a long way with all their uniform-combos since their Rose Bowl appearnce in the mid-90s vs Penn State .... one of the very rare New Years Days that had overcast skies throughout.

Casey_Matthews.jpg

269101030_193_Oregon_at_USC.jpg

oregoncombos.jpg

PJ-AT068_SP_TEX_G_20100106185632.jpg

1995_rosebowl.jpg

Georgia WOULD have the best college football uniform if their pants color was fixed. The matte grey they have been wearing has looked awful at times.

Remember the team's alternative nickname was "The Silver Britches" until the late 70s.

slideshow_1374281_uga.1115_bs14.JPG

slideshow_1373072_uga.1115_bs2.JPG

slideshow_1373660_uga.1115_bs9.JPG

Kansas St ditched the matte pants when Snyder came back- they look a lot better now. Why Ohio St and Georgia ditched the silver pants for the dull grey is beyond me. It looks terrible. Especially since OSU's helmets still sparkle.

Georgia WOULD have the best college football uniform if their pants color was fixed. The matte grey they have been wearing has looked awful at times.

Remember the team's alternative nickname was "The Silver Britches" until the late 70s.

Kansas St ditched the matte pants when Snyder came back- they look a lot better now. Why Ohio St and Georgia ditched the silver pants for the dull grey is beyond me. It looks terrible. Especially since OSU's helmets still sparkle.

answer is simple...nike super high tech ultra wicking feather light stretcy fabric is only available as a matte finish...if you do some poking around you'll notice that the majority of the high profile nike schools went with the matte pants 5-7 years ago.

Texas Tech:

kliff2.jpg

I'm a sucker for serif numbers and patterned trim.

Who made those jerseys? I don't recognize that manufacturer's logo at all.

Also, while I like the design of those jerseys, they are very matte and look sort of mismatched with TT's sparkly black helmet.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This better NOT be tOSU's Combat uni for 2011......noooooo!!!!!!!!

osucrapjersey.png

First thing I always do is look at the shoulders. If they have that stupid stitching design they're fake (Nike only did that for one year).

Unfortunately, not true; Baylor jsut got them this year.

I am not sure why anyone is ever fooled by these photoshops. Easiest way to tell with this template is the glove (2 year old model), glove lining which is almost always red/crimson and mismatched and the heel of the shoe (which usually has a horned frog or U logo). Also, that helmet is floating and doesn't have a head in it.

This better NOT be tOSU's Combat uni for 2011......noooooo!!!!!!!!

osucrapjersey.png

First thing I always do is look at the shoulders. If they have that stupid stitching design they're fake (Nike only did that for one year).

Unfortunately, not true; Baylor jsut got them this year.

I am not sure why anyone is ever fooled by these photoshops. Easiest way to tell with this template is the glove (2 year old model), glove lining which is almost always red/crimson and mismatched and the heel of the shoe (which usually has a horned frog or U logo). Also, that helmet is floating and doesn't have a head in it.

I wouldn't say I was fooled, but rather thrown off when Paul from UniWatch posted this in his blog.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

answer is simple...nike super high tech ultra wicking feather light stretcy fabric is only available as a matte finish...if you do some poking around you'll notice that the majority of the high profile nike schools went with the matte pants 5-7 years ago.

Yeah, I pretty much assumed that. I find it hard to believe Nike cant fix that though....unless the majority feels the matte finish looks better? I prefer the shiny finish.

Extra points for the visor here.

nfl_zoom_miami.jpg

Green pants can get it too!

clinton_portis1.jpg

(Bonus points again, this time for two former Redskins)

tdcblog111809.jpg

The very bottom picture, thank you. I absolutely hate the top 2 pics, that jersey just looks horrendous. I don't see what other see in that.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived