Boise State can't wear all-blue at home

RyanB06

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just let them try it, then.

I have a hard time believing that a legitimate conference would welcome a match-match-match color scheme so obviously intended to confuse opponents.

As opposed to a fake conference?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

To me, I don't see what the big deal is here.

So Boise can't wear blue jerseys and blue pants at home? Big whoop... What matters is how they play at home, and for the most part, you can't beat Boise on the blue turf.

Exactly. Boise could wear all-orange for all their home games and I have no doubt that they would continue to go undefeated at home.

In the last decade they've played 5 games vs. BCS teams in Boise, going undefeated at home isn't that hard

We all know how easy it is for non-AQ's to get AQ's to come to their place, especially when there's a good chance the AQ school could actually lose.

he field at Lambeau and the Meadowlands was not specifically designed to match the green worn by the Packers and Jets, which renders the comparison pretty much worthless.

Neither was Boise's. It's only recently that the blues were as similar as they are. And again, I don't understand how Boise's players are blending into the field. The view you have on TV or while playing NCAA 12 isn't even close to the view that QB's, linemen, running backs, etc. have on the field. Boise beat Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and TCU on green fields and beat the tar out of whoever they played while wearing the hideous all-orange. It's a completely asinine argument to say that Boise has a competitive advantage by "blending" into the field.

Just let them try it, then.

I have a hard time believing that a legitimate conference would welcome a match-match-match color scheme so obviously intended to confuse opponents.

Because Boise only started winning on the Smurf Turf once they switched to the all-blue as the primary uniform two years ago (or so). They never won when they were wearing orange pants at home.

I didn't read through before I posted so this may have been posted already. But anyways, what if Boise uses that rumored white helmet??? Then could they wear blue pants with the blue jersey??? Or an orange helmet could look good too...

Untitled.png

Competitive advantage or not, MW has the right to dictate what uniforms a MW team chooses to wear. Just like the NHL had the right to mandate darks at home and whites on the road in 2003.

Boise State was aware of this condition and agreed to it, and MW was within their right to make the condition. There's no issue.

As to why they made the condition, well competitive advantage or not the all blue on the blue turf does look terrible on tv.

Fact is, if you're going to be the oddball of NCAA football you can't demand for everyone else to accommodate you. You're going to have to make the accommodations for everyone else.

We all know how easy it is for non-AQ's to get AQ's to come to their place, especially when there's a good chance the AQ school could actually lose.

That doesn't take away from the fact that their undefeated home records are hardly impressive

Are you kidding? Keeping up that kind of dominance at home for so long isn't easy no matter how "hard" your schedule is subjectively judged to be by the inherently-biased BCS.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ummm...

It's a completely asinine argument to say that Boise has a competitive advantage by "blending" into the field.

Boise only started winning on the Smurf Turf once they switched to the all-blue as the primary uniform two years ago (or so). They never won when they were wearing orange pants at home.

Once again, I am amazed at the capacity of the human mind to hold two contradictory opinions at the same time. Whitman would be proud. :P

Competitive advantage or not, MW has the right to dictate what uniforms a MW team chooses to wear. Just like the NHL had the right to mandate darks at home and whites on the road in 2003.

To me, that seems debatable. Pro sports leagues bargain as a single entity, whereas schools that are part of a conference have more autonomy as individual entities.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I'll take your word for it.

But that's why I like emoticons; I tend to believe people are speaking plainly without them. :P

Well, either sarcasm or ignorance.

A39p9.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

To me, that seems debatable. Pro sports leagues bargain as a single entity, whereas schools that are part of a conference have more autonomy as individual entities.

And when these autonomous schools join a Conference they willingly concede a certain amount of that autonomy and authority to the Conference, just like any other entity does when it joins a larger entity. Broadly speaking Conferences have the right to determine what uniforms their teams wear.

But that's why I like emoticons; I tend to believe people are speaking plainly without them. :P

A39p9.jpg

I don't think a team has gotten as much mileage out of a single win then Boise State has out of that one.

And when these autonomous schools join a Conference they willingly concede a certain amount of that autonomy and authority to the Conference, just like any other entity does when it joins a larger entity. Broadly speaking Conferences have the right to determine what uniforms their teams wear.

A39p9.jpg

I don't think a team has gotten as much mileage out of a single win then Boise State has out of that one.

Well, that Fiesta bowl was a combination of the first non-AQ school to make a BCS game, an insanely great game marked by several trick plays, and an incredible upset. I don't know if there has been a more significant or fun game in the last 15 years.

A39p9.jpg

Well, that Fiesta bowl was a combination of the first non-AQ school to make a BCS game, an insanely great game marked by several trick plays, and an incredible upset. I don't know if there has been a more significant or fun game in the last 15 years.

No.

A39p9.jpg

Gotta call you on that one, as Utah made it the year before and they weren't in an AQ conference at the time.

LvZYtbZ.png

So the second Fiesta Bowl win, the years of smart recruiting, the decade-plus of playing far better teams tough (the narrow loss to Wisconsin in '98 and the win over Fresno in '01 come to mind), the regular-season victories over heavily-favored AQ opponents, and the lineage of successful coaches all don't count then? Wow.

xLmjWVv.png

So the second Fiesta Bowl win, the years of smart recruiting, the decade-plus of playing far better teams tough (the narrow loss to Wisconsin in '98 and the win over Fresno in '01 come to mind), the regular-season victories over heavily-favored AQ opponents, and the lineage of successful coaches all don't count then? Wow.

You said it yourself, concerning Boise State's one sided logo helmets, you gate the perception people have of the Broncos as a team that wins via trick plays. Well people have that perception because Boise State won't stop talking about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

As for the program advancing, did they use that historic win to parlay themselves up into the national championship discussion? Not really. They won another Fiesta Bowl and....?

You said it yourself, concerning Boise State's one sided logo helmets, you gate the perception people have of the Broncos as a team that wins via trick plays.

Hmm? I don't recall that. It is a wrong perception, though, but the media has started to come around. Petersen's system is pretty much smashmouth football anyway.

Well people have that perception because Boise State won't stop talking about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

When you pull off possibly the biggest upset in college football history and win a BCS bowl, of course you're going to tell recruits about it. Is Auburn going to stop bragging about their National Championship in four years' time? I doubt it.

As for the program advancing, did they use that historic win to parlay themselves up into the national championship discussion? Not really. They won another Fiesta Bowl and....?

I'd rather not get off on a rant about the BCS, so...

xLmjWVv.png

You said it yourself, concerning Boise State's one sided logo helmets, you gate the perception people have of the Broncos as a team that wins via trick plays.

Hmm? I don't recall that. It is a wrong perception, though, but the media has started to come around. Petersen's system is pretty much smashmouth football anyway.

Yeah, Nike justified the one logo helmet (a design you hate on the Steelers, if I recall correctly) by saying it matches "Boise State's unpredictable level of play."

Well people have that perception because Boise State won't stop talking about the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

When you pull off possibly the biggest upset in college football history and win a BCS bowl, of course you're going to tell recruits about it. Is Auburn going to stop bragging about their National Championship in four years' time? I doubt it.

Auburn won the National Championship. Boise State didn't. There's a difference.

I'd rather not get off on a rant about the BCS, so...

Well here's the thing. That 2007 Fiesta Bowl win is so hyped by the Broncos that the fact that they returned to the Fiesta Bowl and beat TCU three years later is pushed to the side. This past season the Broncos weren't even close to a national championship and yet people still talk about them as "perennial contenders" because of the 2007 Fiesta Bowl win. Yeah, it was a great game and a great upset. That can't remain the high point in Boise State Broncos football history forever though. At a certain point they have to stop talking about and do something greater.

Archived