Boise State can't wear all-blue at home

RyanB06

The BCS - two BCS bowl wins in the past decade. Also, the media has started including them in the national championship conversation every year now. BSU had simply outgrown the WAC.

the Mountain West isn't much of an upgrade, with two of the top 3 teams already gone and the other leaving next year

But it is an upgrade in the stability department at the very least.

niagaraq.png

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything's better than the crap-ass WAC. The Mountain West has a good reputation, and reputation and perception are the only things that really seem to matter in college football. Regardless, we're getting off-topic from uniforms.

While I agree that this thread is lost its wheels, but you were the one to talk about Karl Benson.

If you think that the ESPN, then that's your issue. BYU, who already had distribution on DirecTV leave, then "the Mtn." is not doing what it needs to do. And it is not in HD, unlike the BTN.

The WAC's implosion was precipitated in large part by Boise bailing, not the other way around. Stop trotting that argument out.

No, the WAC's implosion was due to it being a weak conference overall due to Karl Benson's incompetence - too busy playing the blame game and pointing fingers to actually run a good conference. Did you honestly expect a perennial contender like Boise State to stay loyal to that :censored:hole?

Actually, I'm of the distinct impression he was trying to wreck the Mountain West by prying BYU away, only the MWC figured it out, made their own moves and what amounted to the College football equivalent of the (itself hypothetical) 4th (or 5th, depending on how you count) Indo-Pakistani war played out, with the WAC playing the role of Pakistan.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The BCS - two BCS bowl wins in the past decade. Also, the media has started including them in the national championship conversation every year now. BSU had simply outgrown the WAC.

the Mountain West isn't much of an upgrade, with two of the top 3 teams already gone and the other leaving next year

I'll take Colorado State, Wyoming, UNLV, San Diego State, etc. over Utah State, San Jose State, and Louisiana Tech.

The MWC is discriminating against Boise State because of their schools colors, but there is a physiological justification for create rules against monochrome blue uniforms on blue fields but not green uniforms on green fields. If we were using constitutional law standards of review to scrutinize the MWC's implemented rule in light of the stated goal of eliminating visibility problems and the physiological justification, I think the rule would stand up to at least intermediate scrutiny and probably strict scrutiny as well. The MWC could have outlawed the blue field, but it didn't. The MWC could have forced BSU to not any wear blue at all at home, but it didn't. Instead, the MWC only proscribed monochrome blue uniforms on the blue field, which is the less restrictive means achieving its stated goal.

I'm about to start my second year of law school, and this made me smile. Are you saying that non-BCS schools are a suspect class? Because I would say semi-suspect, at best. ;)

The MWC is discriminating against Boise State because of their schools colors, but there is a physiological justification for create rules against monochrome blue uniforms on blue fields but not green uniforms on green fields. If we were using constitutional law standards of review to scrutinize the MWC's implemented rule in light of the stated goal of eliminating visibility problems and the physiological justification, I think the rule would stand up to at least intermediate scrutiny and probably strict scrutiny as well. The MWC could have outlawed the blue field, but it didn't. The MWC could have forced BSU to not any wear blue at all at home, but it didn't. Instead, the MWC only proscribed monochrome blue uniforms on the blue field, which is the less restrictive means achieving its stated goal.

I'm about to start my second year of law school, and this made me smile. Are you saying that non-BCS schools are a suspect class? Because I would say semi-suspect, at best. ;)

Enjoy law school--it goes by pretty quickly. I surprised about how much Con Law I still remember. As for suspect classifications--just schools wearing blue... :)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

So if Boise State decides to wear white at home, is there any rule that stops the Air Force Academy from showing up in all blue for a road game at Boise?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

So if Boise State decides to wear white at home, is there any rule that stops the Air Force Academy from showing up in all blue for a road game at Boise?

That sound you hear is the brains trust at the MWC rushing to close a loophole.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

That sound you hear is the brains trust at the MWC rushing to close a loophole.

Either that or it's the sound of the Zoomies rushing to get an alternate blue helmet made for their October date in Boise.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

112839009.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892140FEB0FF7845C57D9F9287CEA4B89CE9EA7B0392EEC2E4C6104F071AAD2E15C6

wxactly, don't you think it will be just as hard for the QB to find the receivers as the defense to find them?

The defense doesn't know where the players are supposed to end up, the quarterback does...

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

To me, I don't see what the big deal is here.

So Boise can't wear blue jerseys and blue pants at home? Big whoop... What matters is how they play at home, and for the most part, you can't beat Boise on the blue turf.

So Boise can't wear blue jerseys and blue pants at home? Big whoop... What matters is how they play at home, and for the most part, you can't beat Boise on the blue turf.

Exactly. Boise could wear all-orange for all their home games and I have no doubt that they would continue to go undefeated at home.

Too bad Boise didn't go into the Pac-12 rather than Utah or Colorado .... I doubt they'd be so invincible year after year on that stupid blue turf if so.

Sorry .... but I absolutely hate watching football on anything other than green.

Exactly. Boise could wear all-orange for all their home games and I have no doubt that they would continue to go undefeated at home.

In the last decade they've played 5 games vs. BCS teams in Boise, going undefeated at home isn't that hard

I think people are losing sight of what pisses some people off about this rule. The rule is just so damn pointless. Is it that big of a deal? Probably not. But the fact that the MWC actually had to make this rule, in my eyes, takes credibility away from the conference.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Pointless? I think not.

But yes, it's a shame that the conference had to make this rule. Shame that Boise forced them to.

Good thing they don't run the NFL. They would ban the Jets and Packers from wearing all green in that green field of theirs. :P

Which would be a very good thing in the case of the Jets. Fortunately, the Packers haven't done that in about sixty years.

Of course, the field at Lambeau and the Meadowlands was not specifically designed to match the green worn by the Packers and Jets, which renders the comparison pretty much worthless.

Pointless? I think not.

But yes, it's a shame that the conference had to make this rule. Shame that Boise forced them to.

Good thing they don't run the NFL. They would ban the Jets and Packers from wearing all green in that green field of theirs. :P

Which would be a very good thing in the case of the Jets. Fortunately, the Packers haven't done that in about sixty years.

Of course, the field at Lambeau and the Meadowlands was not specifically designed to match the green worn by the Packers and Jets, which renders the comparison pretty much worthless.

Boise forced them to make this rule? Really? Because it has been such a problem in the past. The only way this rule would be fair is if Boise was the only team allowed to have a blue field. But they're not. Every team in the NCAA, if they so wish, can have a monochrome field + uniform combo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived