Boise State can't wear all-blue at home

RyanB06

Even at a relatively low level, Boise State players can be obscured by the color of the field.

5980997667_2485192c92_o.png

It doesn't take much in a very fast game like football. Is it a massive advantage? Doubtful. But is it enough to sway the outcome? That seems hard to deny.

I can see the Boise players fine. Pretty sure that picture just disproved your point.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even at a relatively low level, Boise State players can be obscured by the color of the field.

It doesn't take much in a very fast game like football. Is it a massive advantage? Doubtful. But is it enough to sway the outcome? That seems hard to deny.

I can see the Boise players fine. Pretty sure that picture just disproved your point.

You're looking at a still image. Imagine you're a quarterback who has to make a split-second decision.

Yeah, it was a great game and a great upset. That can't remain the high point in Boise State Broncos football history forever though. At a certain point they have to stop talking about and do something greater.

Lest they be a one-hit wonder, and the upset a fluke.

But we'll see. Can they maintain their home dominance against decent competition? And without the all-blue camo? It would help with that, if Boise is able to.

Did you know that there are two players in this picture?

1107spbsuhi17standalone.jpg

Ah yes, a clear focused shot of them with a white background is the same as the peripheral vision that a player would have. Right... I'm guessing you've never broken down BSU film. Talk about hard on the eyes.

If that's the main concern here, then Georgia Tech and Air Force should have to show who they are going to hand the ball off to, and Oregon has to wait 10 seconds before they snap the ball.

Not sure how those are even remotely related.

They are other ways that make breaking down game film difficult. If that's the reason Boise shouldn't have blue on blue, then those other ways that make it hard should be banned too.

As I have said about 5 times not, that isn't the only reason. You can dumb down an argument real quick if you ignore half of the points the other person is making.

You're looking at a still image. Imagine you're a quarterback who has to make a split-second decision.

Exactly.

That's still not the same angle the players are seeing it at. They see the Boise players up against the Carl's Jr. add and Boise Hunter sign.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That's still not the same angle the players are seeing it at. They see the Boise players up against the Carl's Jr. add and Boise Hunter sign.

Pretty sure those are cameramen. :rolleyes:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Pretty sure those are cameramen. :rolleyes:

Exactly, i was saying that the players don't see that angle. The players see the Boise players against the crowd and the adds, not the blue turf.

Only when they're approaching the red zone.

When the opposing team is back near their own end zone, they will have a whole lot of blue turf ahead in their sights. Boise State players will absolutely blend in with that turf, even if only for a split-second and if only in the quarterback's peripheral vision.

Until one of you guys actually plays vs. Boise on the smurf turf, arguing is pretty much pointless

No joke! Some people really need to just let it go. It's not worth the argument haha

You forget the purposes of this board... ;)

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

And I think just the opposite.

Good Lord, people! What part of BOISE ALREADY AGREED TO THIS is lost on you? Maybe they're just using this "rule" as an excuse to stop wearing the blue on blue, because they're tired of looking like asshats. (Doubtful, I know... they actually seem to revel in looking like asshats...) The main point is, they knew ahead of time, they said yes. Period. Anybody who agrees to a pre-set condition and then cries about it after the fact deserves heaps of scorn.

Until one of you guys actually plays vs. Boise on the smurf turf, arguing is pretty much pointless

No joke! Some people really need to just let it go. It's not worth the argument haha

Discuss sports logos? :P Pointless bickering over something that almost none of us are directly affected by, not to mention a deal agreed upon by Boise State, is quite frankly well below this boards potential. Not that it will change anything. I've seen far far worse on here before though ha

Discuss sports logos? :P Pointless bickering over something that almost none of us are directly affected by, not to mention a deal agreed upon by Boise State, is quite frankly well below this boards potential. Not that it will change anything. I've seen far far worse on here before though ha

How is it different from pointless bickering over sports logos or uniforms?

And I think just the opposite.

Good Lord, people! What part of BOISE ALREADY AGREED TO THIS is lost on you? Maybe they're just using this "rule" as an excuse to stop wearing the blue on blue, because they're tired of looking like asshats. (Doubtful, I know... they actually seem to revel in looking like asshats...) The main point is, they knew ahead of time, they said yes. Period. Anybody who agrees to a pre-set condition and then cries about it after the fact deserves heaps of scorn.

The Boise State Athletic department is not going to give up on joining a conference because of a stupid uniform change. They care about money, and from a financial perspective, this is a non issue. The MWC could've made them wear monochrome orange every game and I'm pretty sure they would've agreed. Like I said, the only people who actually care about this are Boise fans and this board. There is no argument being made that Boise didn't agree on this. The argument is (from what i've seen) either if Boise really does have a competitive advantage with blue + blue, or if the rule is fair, or both.

Compromise! The MWC should just outlaw those stupid, unnecessary gray numbers. White numbers would still show up against the blue turf.

I might be the only one who thinks this way, but I think they should adopt blue, orange and grey as their signature. It's unique, for one. It does a lot to set them apart from Florida, and the grey plays a big part in that. Plus, blue and grey look great together, as do orange and grey (very underrated), as well as orange and blue, so naturally, all three of them together is absolutely wonderful.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Compromise! The MWC should just outlaw those stupid, unnecessary gray numbers. White numbers would still show up against the blue turf.

I might be the only one who thinks this way, but I think they should adopt blue, orange and grey as their signature. It's unique, for one. It does a lot to set them apart from Florida, and the grey plays a big part in that. Plus, blue and grey look great together, as do orange and grey (very underrated), as well as orange and blue, so naturally, all three of them together is absolutely wonderful.

You're not alone. Plus I don't think white numbers would really make that much of a difference.

Yeah as easy as the white jersey too huh? No, stop defending this. The fact that you can't instantaneously distinguish Boise players makes it an advantage (how much is yet to be determined).

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Archived