How the NFL is killing off NFL Films

DuckFats

Zoot Alors!!!

I knew something like this would happen.

I recall one of the :censored: ESPN radio dj's probably Colin Cow :censored: blathering on and on about how it was hte coolest thing EVAR that the NFL Network had bought NFL films because now, according to Cow :censored:

The NFL Films vaults are going to be opened and you and me and everyone will be able to download or watch online everything in the NFL Films vaults. Think about it, Facenda, those blooper, I mean NFL Follies things. this is going to be great.

Now, I have to admit that would have been great, I might even have paid for that. Might have, mind you.

But from the sound of that article the ADD Gen X/Gen Y crowd of :censored:heels, particularly Steve Bornstein and Howard Katz have :censored:ed things up there permanently. :censored: them, and I hope they suffer agonizing life long pain for how they have :censored:ed up NFL Films.

It's the same thing that's happened to airlines. Used to be the decisionmakers had worked their way up and knew what was happening on the front lines. Now few of them could check in a passenger or take a reservation to save their lives. In some industries it doesn't matter; in airlines, it does. These people are highly intelligent and have degrees out the a** from distinguished schools. What they don't have is enough common sense or knowledge of good customer service to fill a shot glass.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

NFL Films is run and operated by the NFL. It was bought by the NFL in the 1960s.

NFL Network is also run and operated by the NFL.

I really don't see the issue. The quality of the shots are still there. If you want to see the cool slo-mo stuff, watch Inside the NFL on Showtime. That's what those shots were really made for anyway, the weekly highlight shows where you had more time to prepare the show.

If you want instant highlights and scoring updates and stuff, then watch the NFL Network. If you want that plus the blathering of Chris Berman, watch ESPN.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

NFL Films is run and operated by the NFL. It was bought by the NFL in the 1960s.

I really don't see the issue. The quality of the shots are still there. If you want to see the cool slo-mo stuff, watch Inside the NFL on Showtime. That's what those shots were really made for anyway, the weekly highlight shows where you had more time to prepare the show.

If you want instant highlights and scoring updates and stuff, then watch the NFL Network. If you want that plus the blathering of Chris Berman, watch ESPN.

Go back and actually read the article, and then you might, I say might not come across as an ignorant jackass. But I doubt it.

But since you obviously didn't read the article and probably have no plans to ever do so, I'll summarize it for you; the ADD Gen X/Gen Y scum who have taken over at NFL films have cut the staff to the bone and forced many longtime employees to resign, all supposedly in pursuit of the allmighty dollar as NFL Films reputedly loses some $20,000,000 a year, which is quite literally peanuts to the NFL, but to hear the NFL tell it, it's the :censored:ing sky falling in.

The two people now in charge at NFL films have nixed or canceled numerous programs put together by NFL films including a sequel to the most popular program ever 'America's Game' on the lame grounds that they cost to much to produce and that they don't get good ratings. The ratings part cannot be laid at the feet of NFL Films, that is the fault of the NFL Network for :censored:ing up their agreements with the nations cable providers.

As to your bull :censored: claim, that 'the quality of the shots is still there' if you had bothered to actually read the article you would know that the exact opposite is true, the shots put together now are for :censored: because you have a bunch of ADD Gen X/Gen Y scum who can't stand having a shot of the same thing on screen for more then 1/2,000 of a second or they fly in to a screaming forth at the mouth rage.

I read the first couple of pages of the article, and basically I would say that like it or not, in a world of HD and 3D broadcasting, to a large extent NFL films has outlived it's usefulness. What could NFL films add now to NFL coverage? The kind of classic NFL films type stuff can be done by any broadcaster in live coverage now. NFL network can produce the history type shows. So explain to me what the NFL would lack by axing NFL films today?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

NFL Films helped make the NFL what it is today, and I don't care much about the higlight shows those have outlived themselves, but having documentary style footage of all games helps preserve the history. The Super Bowl highlight shows, the yearbook shows and the feature pieces on the NFL Films Presents along with the latest and greatest America's Game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

NFL Films helped make the NFL what it is today, and I don't care much about the higlight shows those have outlived themselves, but having documentary style footage of all games helps preserve the history. The Super Bowl highlight shows, the yearbook shows and the feature pieces on the NFL Films Presents along with the latest and greatest America's Game.

Why can't that all be produced by NFL network though? And I am not denying the historical importance of NFL films, but the cavalry doesn't go into battle on horseback anymore.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Go back and actually read the article, and then you might, I say might not come across as an ignorant jackass. But I doubt it.

But since you obviously didn't read the article and probably have no plans to ever do so, I'll summarize it for you; the ADD Gen X/Gen Y scum who have taken over at NFL films have cut the staff to the bone and forced many longtime employees to resign, all supposedly in pursuit of the allmighty dollar as NFL Films reputedly loses some $20,000,000 a year, which is quite literally peanuts to the NFL, but to hear the NFL tell it, it's the :censored:ing sky falling in.

The two people now in charge at NFL films have nixed or canceled numerous programs put together by NFL films including a sequel to the most popular program ever 'America's Game' on the lame grounds that they cost to much to produce and that they don't get good ratings. The ratings part cannot be laid at the feet of NFL Films, that is the fault of the NFL Network for :censored:ing up their agreements with the nations cable providers.

As to your bull :censored: claim, that 'the quality of the shots is still there' if you had bothered to actually read the article you would know that the exact opposite is true, the shots put together now are for :censored: because you have a bunch of ADD Gen X/Gen Y scum who can't stand having a shot of the same thing on screen for more then 1/2,000 of a second or they fly in to a screaming forth at the mouth rage.

e350092.gif

If you knew how to debate respectfully, then you might, I say might not come across as an ignorant jackass. But I doubt it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

:censored: !! And more :censored: !!!!! Then some more :censored: !!!!! RAWR NFL :censored: FILMS!!!!!!!!

I've yet to see DuckFats make a post where he isn't calling something BS or dropping an F-bomb.

Just seems pissed off all the time. Listen to some Enya or go to a spa. Do something.

It's spelled zut.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, irony! :D

Seriously man, spark up a doob or something... it'll be good for you.

The kind of classic NFL films type stuff can be done by any broadcaster in live coverage now. NFL network can produce the history type shows.

You know absolutely nothing about either network tv or NFL Films. Suffice to say that NO broadcaster can do ANY of the so called 'classic NFL Films type stuff' because they don't have the number of cameras necessary and they don't use film, but videotape, which is for :censored: quality wise. NFL network can't produce the history type shows with NFL Films which owns and holds the rights to all of the footage in it's vaults.

This has the potential to be an interesting discussion. So, let's all reset for a moment.

DuckFats: Please bring down the aggression; you can debate a point of view without making it personal.

Everyone else: Please quit piling on; the non-sequitur images, etc, are not helping.

Thank you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived