Lights Out's NFL Redesign Series

Lights Out

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers and Ravens are absolutely great. The incorporation of the Steelmark onto the rest of the uniform is extremely well-done, as is the use of Pitt's PC number font. As for the Ravens, it's a simple design that works really well with that color scheme.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills

c0CCa.png

(Note the updated logo.)

New England Patriots

OSnr7.png

New York Jets

RSwle.png

(The sticker on the back of the helmet features the silhouette of the state of New Jersey. The Giants have an identical one in their color scheme in this series. This would be a peace offering to New Jersey residents to allow both teams to wear "NY" on their helmets.)

Miami Dolphins

JGd3H.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Brief thoughts on each one...

49ers-- I like the idea of just using red and gold, but for some reason these look a little muddy to me. Especially the helmet.

Cardinals-- Like the inclusion of more black, don't understand why you used the old logo though...

Rams-- I'm torn because I think they have a great uniform as it is, but the royal and yellow color scheme certainly doesn't look bad.

Seahawks-- Again, not feeling the old logo. But I love the color scheme (hooray for lime green!)

Eagles-- I like that you kept it simple like their current set, the added stripes are an improvement IMO.

Giants-- I think these could look really good, but the number font and helmet logo I'm not a fan of.

Redskins Warriors-- Pretty much anything using the spear and the old color scheme is an improvement in my eyes.

Cowboys-- I agree with Kevin about the silver, and I'd make the numbers on the home jersey white.

Bills-- Looks nice. I don't know if I like them better than there new uniforms, but their definitely not terrible.

Patriots-- Love the pants...the jerseys? Not so much. I'd put a stripe similar the pants on the sleeves. Don't really like the red numbers on the home jersey either.

Jets-- For whatever reason, I think this is absolutely awesome. Love it.

Dolphins-- Like the sleeves, I don't understand the logic behind the pants stripe though.

Colts-- Very nice. Love the number on the helmet

Texans-- Texas flag looks better than I would expect. Nice.

Titans-- I don't really like how the Titans use flames in their logos, so if it were up to me I wouldn't use them. But seeing as you're keeping the flames, I think the jersey looks fantastic.

Jaguars-- Make the pants gradient only a stripe and I think that makes these perfect. The Jags are one of the few teams where I think a gradient works.

Steelers-- What Kevin said. The diamonds on the sleeves look great.

Browns-- Not a fan. This is one team that I think should keep their same look. Especially don't like the orange numbers.

Ravens-- I like the gradient here as well. Real Ravens have a purple-ish shine like that, so that makes it even better.

Bengals-- I've always thought they should have an orange jersey. I like it.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm really liking alot of these. You just about hit a home run with the entire NFC West, especially. Other standouts to me are the Steelers, Texans, Titans, Pats, and...you know what, I actually REALLY like the Dolphins. I never thought cream would go so well with teal, and the orange makes it all the more better. Well done!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well... I honestly really don't like very many of these. I'll go team by team to explain why.

Chargers: I like the focus on powder and yellow, but three styles of bolt, coming from different era's makes the set seem fragmented.

Broncos: I like the effort or idea, but the colors just don't work. I get the "earth" feeling, but a team based in Denver off of a graceful and swift animal should have more crisp colors, such as blue and bright orange. Also, all tan does not look good for a road jersey.

Raiders: I actually like this except for a couple things. The number font or shiny look doesn't translate well. If for any reason, the shiny is right next to flat silver or grey, which looks odd. Like the helmet stripe though, good touch.

Chiefs: Although I'm not sold on the striping pattern, I applaud the consistency. White numbers might be a better option on the home.

Steelers: While the industrial themed numbers and diamond logos are great ideas, together they clash. One is very blocky, while the other the opposite. Maybe diamond PLATE is a better option, as diamond's would fit with their current "slash" font.

Browns: Love the use of orange and brown pants, not to mention numbers on the helmet! My big problem is the dijointed stripes. One design on the helmet, another on the sleeves, and a third on the pants!

Ravens: By far my least favorite. Honestly, it's no fault of your own. I absolutely hate the ravens current colors, and whenever anyone does a redo of them with those colors, it always ends up with too much black and purple, and too little white. The colors are barely distinguishable here, especially with gradients and stripes. Then, their ugly old, is used as a full color, where it stand's poorly by itself instead of as an accent. And out of all the strong Ravens logos past and present, you chose my least favorite one.

Bengals: Absolutely love this set! Great idea going with orange. The home looks great, my only concern is the sleeves look a little empty. Maybe make it almost half and half (Zebra?)... The away is fantastic. I love how you maximized the orange to white ratio. I'd consider using black numbers, as the number competes with the sleeve.

Colts: Pretty strong, although inconsistent striping is bothersome.

Texans: Always love this sleeve design. Very smart. Why have um matching pant stripes between the home and roads though?

Titans: While I really love the sleeves and pants, the helmet logo is silly. It's unneeded, and as a result, there is no logo on the jersey.

Jaguars: The gradient shine works well on the helmet, but it does NOT on the jersey or pant. Other then that, this set is pretty strong. White numbers would look far better though.

Bills: Great way to incorporate the logo into the uniforms, while also including navy. Very strong set, nice work.

Patriots: Old blue, red numbers, huge shoulder logo, silver? No. Pants stripe? Yes.

Jets: Loving the design, hating the colors. Two greens cannot work like that. Maybe black and green, ala Oregon. But this is not working.

Dolphins: Always love the sunburst style uniform concepts. The vintage white doesn't work in my opinion for a team with very loud colors. It dulls them too much.

Eagles: Simple, but really effective. Really like the exclusion of silver.

Giants: Ermmm. For a team so steeped in tradition, to radically modernize their identity, without really changing it at all, doesn't make a lot of sense. It's out of the box, though, I'll give you that.

Redskins: Warriors? Terrible gold? Outdated logo? Extremely simplified uniforms? Not a fan at all. If you were to rename the team, which I understand, I think that the Potomacs would be a far better name. It keeps the Indian theme while naming a specific tribe that inhabited the region! But really, that gold looks awful to me.

Cowboys: I hate the team, but I love these uniforms. The Cowgirls have made the silver/green their color, and I love that you used it throughout. Also really like the new secondary, great creativity. But I just realized it reads "DC", their biggest rival.

49ers: I like the effort for consistency, but the triple stripe doesn't work for the helmet or the pants (or the jersey for that matter). Use of gold, numbers, and alternate logo are a plus.

Cardinals: Kind of uninspired, but that's alright. I might switch the black and white on the home however. But why use the old logo? The new one is far superior.

Rams: Really love the old colors and sleeves. Maybe use two tone numbers?

Seahawks: Love the use of silver! Two toned numbers (silver accents) and a different collar color could make this AWESOME.

I guess this is a welcome back post, and a monster one at that.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

As a Niner fan, you just nailed it! Great emphasis on gold, great way of using the numbers which are obviously unique. The 49 shield logo does look like the WB logo, however. Overall a great way to update their uniform if they ever decide to.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived